IGNORED

Getting rid of man boobs, moobs, and or mannery glands

Tengu

Alright, I've been swimming like crazy and dieting for a few months. I have two weeks left til wheels up.

I need a crash course in moob removal.

I'm going to focus on daily push ups, if I have the discipline. I'm also going to be working with dumb bells.

Got any good dumb bell exercises?

Ya think that will work to a certain degree? Any cheats out there?

Cheers!

It wasn't me

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't speak for anyone else but me I naturally keep a fair amount of fat on my chest. However, I have found that if you put enough muscle under it will look much better.

I do dumbells all the time and for such a workout I recommend concentrating on form and the depth of motion more so than reps or wieght.

I typically do 3 sets of incline, 3 sets of flat, 3 sets of decline, 3 sets of butter flies. 3 sets of pull overs. Then I hit whatever else I have energy for cabels, machines, sometimes barbells. I never do this workout more than twice a week because in order to build muscle you need time to heal up (unless you juice your system up a bit).

But since its been a long journey for me just to get a reasonable looking chest I would recommend the following short cut.

Creatine and some type of NO product. They will add water and blood flow to your muscles and will make them appear larger. If you start about 2 weeks before your trip you should see a noticble improvement in your muscle size. Just remeber you have to drink a lot of water to get the full effect. 3/4 to a full gallon a day should do the trick.

Even if all that doesn't get you where you want to be it shouldn't matter. I don't think Thai girls respond to muscles more so than they do money.

J96

paresque nobis, novem continuas fututiones

Thank you.

This is exactly what I was looking for.

I've never tried suppements, but I'm very interested.

I have no idea about the science of buff.

And I get you about the money thing. But for me it's a confidence thing.

I'll be celebrating my 40th burfday in patts this year and hope I set a trend for the rest of my life.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll let you know how it goes.

It wasn't me

They say the best one for your chest is push ups on the parallel bars, and diet wise lots of chicken breast as it's high in protien and low in fat.

or Ventipulmin its the same :D

I believe in unicorn's

Mate well done on the Diet and losing weight having dropped a Stone I also find myself a bit like you so some good advice.

Hopefully I can tone up a bit and stop wearing a Bra. Pamela Anderson has nothing on me when running down a Beach

Ghosty

Come on ghosty, don't you have advice for the man, or is this subject not in your field ?

Stevie

The only way to remove man boobs is with surgery. Often the boobs contain glandular tissue, similar to women. It is called Gynecomastia. Glandular tissue does not go away with diet or workouts.

Exactly what you have is some gyno or bitch tits ....some people aromatise testosterone into estrogen naturally ...the degree to which is dependent on the individual.....what you need to get is some sort of aromatise inhibitor ....in pattaya it's easy to get ...theres nolvadex which is a phase 1 aromatise inhibitor ...Arimadex is another and a little stronger ..other factors are diet and alcohol can cause the body to increase estrogen ..I would go with Arimadex ...and maybe some proviron which is a DHT derivative and can help with giving you a slightly harder physique ...stanazol which is a steroid helps with keeping my estrogen down while also giving a harder physique ...depends which way you want to go but at least take Arimadex IMO ..if you want some muscle gain and lower estrogen try Arimadex ,stanazol,and proviron ..all easy to get ...good luck ...surgery is the last option IMO

Come on ghosty, don't you have advice for the man, or is this subject not in your field ?

LOL no it is not Matey but here you go

To get rid of man boobs or chest fat naturally without surgery…

All you need to do is go on a diet & exercise plan to lose overall body

fat & remove chest fat plus You can do this chest workout to help make your chest look more manly but…

Diet & exercise plus lower chest exercises will only help remove chest fat when you have 'Pseudogynecomastia' which basically means you DON'T Really Have man boobs but only a lot of chest fat making it seem like you have actual breast but on the other hand…

If you have 'Gynecomastia' which means you really do have man boobs or breast tissue along with some chest fat… Then The main reason why you have man boobs RIGHT NOW is because your your body is producing more estrogen (the female hormone causing you to have man boobs) and less testosterone (the hormone that makes you a man and prevents man boobs) so…

You have 4 options to get rid of Man Boobs without surgery

1. You can naturally increase your testosterone while lowering your estrogen levels so look at <a class="fo" href="http://www.nowloss.com/ways-to-increase-testosterone-levels-naturally-without-using-steroids.htm">13 ways to Increase your testosterone to get rid of your man boobs faster or…
  2. You can be patient: If you're in your teens or early 20's it's a 90% chance your man boobs will disappear within 2 years because your body is going thru hormonal changes that's making your body produce more estrogen (that makes you have man boobs) and less testosterone but over time (usually within 2 years)…

Your hormones will balance out, you'll have more Testosterone than Estrogen and your man boobs will go away and…
  3. Stop using drugs that cause your body to produce more estrogen like alcohol, steroids, tobacco, and marijuana (weed, pot, mary jane) and also…
  4. If you're using prescription drugs like Antibiotics (isoniazid, ketoconazole, metronidazole), Anti-ulcer medications such as cimetidine, Cancer chemotherapeutics, Cardiovascular drugs like captopril and digitoxin, or Psychoactive agents like diazepam and tricyclic antidepressants that cause your body to produce more estrogen… Ask your doctor if there are any alternative drugs you can take but please note: Don't forgo your health & safety just to get rid of man boobs and…

You should only really consider spending $3,000 on surgery to remove man boobs after you've seriously tried to lose fat while taking these steps to increase your testosterone naturally for at least 6 months to a year and remember…

I can just imagine Ghosty on new years eve saying "I will go to the Gym in the new years"

Oh the 80's werent they Great.......

:GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :Think1: :Think1: :Think1: :Think1:

Wow guys! Good stuff.

Now I'm not sure if I have real man boobs or just too much fat over my chest muscles.

I prefer to think its the latter. I've worked out in phases over the years and still have never managed to get a nice chiseled chest. I know it's mostly diet. I drink a lot of red wine.

I'm very surprised that Mary Jane has an effect. I did not know that.

I appreciate the advice about steroids, but I'm not ready for that yet. And I don't think surgery is for me at this point.

It looks like my best bet is to go heavy on the diet and swimming to get as much fat off the top.

Again, thanks a lot guys. I will keep all of this in mind.

Cheers!!

It wasn't me

I personally disagree with the majority of whats posted here.

If your 'moobs' are hormone related, chances are that your hormone imbalance is dietary related. Start eating 5-6 brazil nuts a day, and take a quality zinc supplement - zinc orotate, zinc acetate or zinc chelate. Avoid zinc oxide and zinc gluconate (look at the ingredients when buying the supplement and it will tell which form is used). Both of these have a dramatic impact on testosterone production. Look for around 15-25mg for the zinc, that should be plenty.

More likely as you mentioned though, it's just fat. Removing the fat will remove the moobs. Really, anything over 15% bodyfat isn't healthy for a male. 10% is much more ideal. Everyone should make this their goal.

Swimming is great, and being in the water means that your body has to use 4 times as much energy to regulate your body temperature. When your swimming try to alternate the intensity between low-medium and very high. Go all out for 30 seconds swimming as fast as you possibly can, then slow down for 1 minute and repeat this cycle. This is a variation of high intensity interval training (HIIT). Slow paced cardio is terrible for fat loss, and its extremely monotonous and demotivating over time. It's also crap for your conditioning. HIIT will push your limits and your body will adapt and improve in accordance. Interval sprinting, and/or kettlebell swings are also great.

As far as molding a chest goes, forgot all the fancy routines. Thats all nonsense unless your an advanced bodybuilder. Grab a barbell and start benching heavy weights for 4-5 reps of 4-5 sets. Push ups are great up to a point, but once you can do over 100 its better to grab a barbell. if you don't have a barbell I'd just focus on the push ups.

I'd definitely ignore the stuff about surgery, drugs, and steroids. Seriously.... Thats serious last resort type stuff.

Whats your diet like man? Fat loss is like 80% diet. If you want a serious 2 weeks of fat loss, go buy a juicer and juice vegetables with a little fruit for 2 weeks. It'll give you a major detox at the same time.

If thats too extreme try a Paleo style regimen for 2 weeks instead ( ----> google).

PM me if you want more info dude, I'd be happy to help (and I do this stuff for a living). :)

I personally disagree with the majority of whats posted here.

If your 'moobs' are hormone related, chances are that your hormone imbalance is dietary related. Start eating 5-6 brazil nuts a day, and take a quality zinc supplement - zinc orotate, zinc acetate or zinc chelate. Avoid zinc oxide and zinc gluconate (look at the ingredients when buying the supplement and it will tell which form is used). Both of these have a dramatic impact on testosterone production. Look for around 15-25mg for the zinc, that should be plenty.

More likely as you mentioned though, it's just fat. Removing the fat will remove the moobs. Really, anything over 15% bodyfat isn't healthy for a male. 10% is much more ideal. Everyone should make this their goal.

Swimming is great, and being in the water means that your body has to use 4 times as much energy to regulate your body temperature. When your swimming try to alternate the intensity between low-medium and very high. Go all out for 30 seconds swimming as fast as you possibly can, then slow down for 1 minute and repeat this cycle. This is a variation of high intensity interval training (HIIT). Slow paced cardio is terrible for fat loss, and its extremely monotonous and demotivating over time. It's also crap for your conditioning. HIIT will push your limits and your body will adapt and improve in accordance. Interval sprinting, and/or kettlebell swings are also great.

As far as molding a chest goes, forgot all the fancy routines. Thats all nonsense unless your an advanced bodybuilder. Grab a barbell and start benching heavy weights for 4-5 reps of 4-5 sets. Push ups are great up to a point, but once you can do over 100 its better to grab a barbell. if you don't have a barbell I'd just focus on the push ups.

I'd definitely ignore the stuff about surgery, drugs, and steroids. Seriously.... Thats serious last resort type stuff.

Whats your diet like man? Fat loss is like 80% diet. If you want a serious 2 weeks of fat loss, go buy a juicer and juice vegetables with a little fruit for 2 weeks. It'll give you a major detox at the same time.

If thats too extreme try a Paleo style regimen for 2 weeks instead ( ----> google).

PM me if you want more info dude, I'd be happy to help (and I do this stuff for a living). :)

Very informative. Thanks a lot.

Not sure about zinc here in Tokyo, but I'll look.

The dieting has to be the hardest part for me.

I fricken love to cook and drink.

A byproduct of that hobby is gettin the late night munchies.

It's hard as hell for me to purge myself of women, food and booze in order to spend a holiday splurging on women food and booze.

I'm gonna give it a shot though. Today I hit the pool, push ups, very light dinner.

Then I will play the drums tonight at a gig and get wasted. My big promise to myself is not to come home and raid the fridge.

Let's see what happens.

It wasn't me

No need to purge yourself of women lol

Just so your aware, when you eat less calories than you need, rather than eat the right foods to promote fat loss, your body reduces the tissue that requires that extra energy, i.e. the muscle, and not the fat. Your goal is very specific in that you want a big ripped chest. Unfortunately pretty much the opposite will happen if your not eating right.

The booze is definitely not your fatloss friend either, and getting wasted is probably a lot worse than raiding the fridge. Still, sounds like a cool night you have planned, so perhaps lay off the booze after tonight.

It's great that you love to cook. Try and use a lot less oil, salt, sugar and processed ingredients, and massively up your veg intake. Things like pastries, bread and pasta are much better avoided. Your in Japan, and a more traditional Japanese/Okinawan style diet would be awesome for your long term health.

I'm home now after the gig. Twenty sheets to the wind. Lot's of hot women were there, but none for me. Stopped by the konbini and got a bottle of wine and made gumbo.

Dag Gummit!!!!!!

Still have tomorrow, right?

It wasn't me

LOL no it is not Matey but here you go

To get rid of man boobs or chest fat naturally without surgery…

All you need to do is go on a diet & exercise plan to lose overall body

fat & remove chest fat plus You can do this chest workout to help make your chest look more manly but…

Diet & exercise plus lower chest exercises will only help remove chest fat when you have 'Pseudogynecomastia' which basically means you DON'T Really Have man boobs but only a lot of chest fat making it seem like you have actual breast but on the other hand…

If you have 'Gynecomastia' which means you really do have man boobs or breast tissue along with some chest fat… Then The main reason why you have man boobs RIGHT NOW is because your your body is producing more estrogen (the female hormone causing you to have man boobs) and less testosterone (the hormone that makes you a man and prevents man boobs) so…

You have 4 options to get rid of Man Boobs without surgery

1. You can naturally increase your testosterone while lowering your estrogen levels so look at <a class="fo" href="http://www.nowloss.c...teroids.htm">13 ways to Increase your testosterone to get rid of your man boobs faster or…

2. You can be patient: If you're in your teens or early 20's it's a 90% chance your man boobs will disappear within 2 years because your body is going thru hormonal changes that's making your body produce more estrogen (that makes you have man boobs) and less testosterone but over time (usually within 2 years)…

Your hormones will balance out, you'll have more Testosterone than Estrogen and your man boobs will go away and…

3. Stop using drugs that cause your body to produce more estrogen like alcohol, steroids, tobacco, and marijuana (weed, pot, mary jane) and also…

4. If you're using prescription drugs like Antibiotics (isoniazid, ketoconazole, metronidazole), Anti-ulcer medications such as cimetidine, Cancer chemotherapeutics, Cardiovascular drugs like captopril and digitoxin, or Psychoactive agents like diazepam and tricyclic antidepressants that cause your body to produce more estrogen… Ask your doctor if there are any alternative drugs you can take but please note: Don't forgo your health & safety just to get rid of man boobs and…

You should only really consider spending $3,000 on surgery to remove man boobs after you've seriously tried to lose fat while taking these steps to increase your testosterone naturally for at least 6 months to a year and remember…

Just watched the vid. Good explanation. the push-up part where you go from inner to outer chest is good to know.

But those buff dudes make it look easy.

I'm beginning to think that if you do 100 push-ups a day, you're set.

I can do 30 now. one set.

But I swear I can kick your ass!!!

It wasn't me

You do indeed :) (have tomorrow).

There are few people who can do 100 push ups man. Schwarzenegger actually recommended this before even stepping foot in a gym, so your on the right track. 30's a dam good effort too, especially if you havent done them for awhile!

I like the bench 4x5 progresive idea. Also, proper deep squats and dead lifts will build huge power and muscle mass. The trick is to keep your diet as clean as possible, with lots of chicken breasts ,eggs, olive oil, and other lean meats. In addition, I would suggest daily walks, and running three times per week. If you do not clean up your diet, then you could put on too much fat. I went from 220 to 265, and it took a couple of years to get back to 220-while retaning power. Using this formula, I am stronger at 220 than I was at (Mr fat boobs) 265.

I was 95kg few months ago, had man boobs, extended love handles and what not. It helps to do pushups and all other abs-specific exercises. Now I am 85kg, I think I've lost most of the 'boobies' and some of the love handles. The key to lose them, in my opinion anyway, is to minimize as much as you can, FAT in your diet, start count calories, eat before you get ravenous. In my culture we eat 3 times a day, few eyebrows were raised when I told them the best to lose weight is to eat 6 times a day.

I 'snack' before I eat my 'proper 2 meals' (Lunch and Dinner), it helps that you feel 'filled' even before you have your lunch (you can be satisified with 1/2 cup of rice instead of the usual 1 or 2 cups of rice.. as an example).

Also exercise. I am a firm believer in HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). It helps I was in a military for few years (and gained a lot of weight once my contract expired) so I had the basic know-how in what exercise will burn you calories and fat the most. I never liked pushups or abs exercises as I like running. So I did a Interval Run exercise, which I sprint for 30 seconds every 60 seconds jog, doing it in several reps. It has worked for me so far (lost 10kg). Basic jogging for 60-90 minutes is fine, infact it burns more fat and calories DURING the exercise compared to Interval Running. However, after your HIIT session, the body will burn MORE fat and calories (infact the next 24-36 hours) compared to the basic joging exercise.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

As a 55+ man,I am going to try testosterone injections to reduce the moobs and increse libido...any advice??

Thanks for all the advice guys.

As a 55+ man,I am going to try testosterone injections to reduce the moobs and increse libido...any advice??

I don't work with testosterone so I have no specific advice other than to ask a few different bodybuilders - perhaps start another thread? Top bodybuilders are the guys to ask about testosterone injections.

For a natural testosterone increase what I recommended about brazil nuts (selenium) and a quality zinc supplement holds true. Eggs with the yolk are also pretty good, and I consume a fair amount of coconut milk (quality saturated fat - around 50% lauric acid). You should be careful with that however, as the less in shape you/healthy you are, the more potential it is a health risk.

There is no substitute for getting a regular full health check and endeavouring to lead an overall healthy lifestyle. A stress free lifestyle, with plenty of sleep, exercise, good nutrition and laughter tends to sort most health issues out naturally. Lifestyle is the key.

What David Duke said about the big lifts: deadlift, squat and bench is right, and with proper food your should put on a lot of muscle while losing fat. The problem is that 'proper food' is a science, and this kind of thing is worth hiring a nutritionist/experienced trainer for.

Ideally fat loss should be a one to two month endeavour. Fat loss is incredibly simple, but is also incredibly hard. Just put the work in and get it over with.

A few different diets that work are: -

1. Low fat, fruit and veg diet. Buy a juicer, and consume nothing but FRESH vegetable and fruit juice.

2. The Velocity diet (google it)

3. High Protein Paleo Diet: Strict diet of lean meat and vegetables

eat low fat, low gi carbs and high protein

Man, watching all those push ups made me tired.

Thanks for the link

It wasn't me

Archived