Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. davidge

Got my inheritance early.

Anyway, to get back to the OPs question: Spend the money how you like, enjoy yourself. Money I inherited from my Aunt has paid for 5 flights to TLOS so far - though I wish she’d spent more on herself when she was alive.
  3. It was shoplifting, but wasn't him but the friend he was with...so he said anyway
  4. thisisdre

Live the dream, buy a bar!
  5. Petesie

Today I may have saved someone :)

The girlfriends sister lost her 12 yo son to a river drowning; they don't usually have access to pools etc. so lessons are a godsend.
  6. davidge

I had Power of Attorney for my Aunt and my father and was also Executor. Yes, you can obviously move money or pay bills during the person’s life but moving huge chunks to avoid tax or probate really shouldn’t be done. PoA ends on death so absolutely you do not move money after death until it’s formally released, either through Probate or by the bank if below their probate threshold.
  7. xdrt33

From what revan00 says, they don't seem to have a probate process in USA. In UK, the probate has to be granted before any of the money can be touched, even if you have access to the bank accounts. Probate can routinely take 2 - 3 months here, and there is then a 6 month period when the will can be challenged, so it's advisable not to spend any inheritence receieved. I've just been through this process myself.......... For this last reason, my advice would be to not blow the whole lot in Patts - just in case you have to pay it back!
  8. biggles

Help me decide!! 3/7 in AC/Patts or 10 in Patts?

Tommy, I live in Angeles but spend 5 months a year in Pattaya. Just stay in Pattaya mate AC can wait.
  9. talung66

Grocery specials and CC priced deals

i also make my own kombucha around 10 liters a week and wait for some of it to become kombucha vinegar as well if anyone know about it your all welcome to some starter and go for it you self i added a thread in for sale topic only one bite and it free i enjoy drinking it though my latest batch isn't lipton's is some ali brand
  10. biggles

I would imagine that a Power of Attorney would allow a future executor to transfer monies before the death?
  11. rupdawg

Do Thai guys feel inferior or jealous of farangs?

I wonder if Thai girls all get together and talk about how white women feel, that all these white male mongers are coming to Thailand spending their hard-earned cash on Thai girls and not them.
  12. forcebwithu

Some big karma points for you Oukiva. Right place, right time, and the skills to save the damsel in distress. You're right, it's not easy to save an agitated swimmer in distress. It's the riskiest part of a lifeguard's job.
  13. English rose

internet speed

Hi and thanks for the information, it's really just the cricket and F1 at the moment, EPL is sorted with the true package. Cheers Alan.
  14. no. l have looked in the door during construction. tiered seating to left. stage on right. gogo format
  15. talung66

Grocery specials and CC priced deals

OK guys im am still trying to live my same lifestyle on 10K AUD for 6 months and to me that is now 70 000 baht lower that my first year. to me that equivalent to 6 month rent so no small amount. It tough out there there not much left that's less than home especially for fruit and veg that in season at home i dont think there is anything besides herbs and mango steens that i canthink off. We all know the ridiculous prices in supermarkets for other items ( for fuck sake there now cereal out there for $40 and 4 serves at that at best ) It is my thing i am a chef by trade i look at prices and cutting cost add to the bottom line So what i am adding in the next 2 posts might not be for all but if you have time i enjoy the time in my day it just what i do. So now every day i go to wanchai markets i gather all market might the have the same thing going on. Out of site down floor level each store has stuff for sale that punters wont buy due to bruises blemished over ripe ect ect for 5 baht pic of today basket minus what i took. I ended up getting this for 20 baht if you want any tips just ask PM i know what i am talking about in this field. As you see the bad bits from the potatoes and eggplant are already removed and that was from the basket not me it is still good looking produce in most cases. Pot luck every day for me so for today i would. With potatoes make mash or potato salad or add to a curry ( thai potatoes no good for chips or frying you need a starchy ones for that the thai ones are waxy) i'll soak the chillies in cold water they come up like new for my next stir fry the beetroot ill boil and will be good in a salad as i have no oven and i make a sort of ratatouille with the eggplants as i have tomato and onion at home. I have also been getting a lot of over ripe tomatoes in there on some daysdays and make my own tomato sauce but i can bring myself to pay over $3 aud for pasta that cost 65 cents in aldi only did it once . for 15 baht i got a good amount of tomatoes and made 2 containers of sauce.
  16. Just man the fucking booths. It nearly kicked off when I was coming home in July. The queue for outward passport controls was backed up to the bottom of the escalators, I was 1 hr 10 mins and that was at 1:45am. A couple of Arab guys jumped the queue and a crazy Chinese fella took objection to it. It got pretty heated until the two blokes relented and went to the back of the queue. They need to do something about it. Even when watching the queue grow and grow, there appeared to be no acknowledgement that more booths were needed. It almost feels like typical Thai stubbornness at times to me. They could make arriving and departing so much easier with just a little extra resource.
  17. Jebb

Well played Sir!
  18.  bolton69

Can a farang speak Thai and not sound gay?

I remember some USA guy in a bar trying to order 2 tiger beers in thai . The the girl did not understand him he try’s saying it about 4 times the girl did not know what fk he was on about I said to the girl 2 tiger beers please in English he got is order in 1 minute .
  19.  bolton69

All the blowjob bars

Hangover lounge Is a bj bar . I went there in May somewhere behind twin towers hotel.
  20. Today
  21. doweven

good job
  22. LOTTELLEE WINNA

A big done to @Oukiva quick thinking saved the day. So many Thai people can’t swim...I made sure my lad learned he had 20x1 hour lessons for 3,000thb - 150 for a private lesson, awesome value.
  23. nil

I can’t imagine not being able to swim. I would be scared to get into the water. Maybe you could offer to teach her some basics next time you see her.
  24. keepitfun

Great job. My two kids are surf lifesavers. One of the things they are taught is that one of the biggest dangers is being whacked about and dunked by the person you are trying to rescue.
  25. Last trip I bumped into a couple in Marquee Bar who lived half a mile from where I lived for over 20 years in UK. Never seen them before or since. Mostly my conversations are limited to a nod if eye contact is made with other farangs. As someone said, different in a sports bar if there's a game to discuss.
  26. Petesie

Good man, quick thinking, well done mate.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.