Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Patts golf for beginners

bugayev

Okay so a few mates and I are going to be spending 10 days fucking and golfing our way through Pattaya in July..

What are the key things we need to do or know to maximise our golfing enjoyment? I'm an 11 hcp but the others are 20+ so they won't be looking for the best way to empty their supply of balls on the first day!

I'm guessing we need to join one of the socieities for best effect and from what I've read, not much point in getting a tour company to organise?

Way too easy to play golf in Patts. Places are everywhere to organise games and hire equipment etc. I think the difficult bit is to spend the night/early morning in the bars, select a girl, shag her and then still get up in the morning to emulate Bubba Watson, good luck!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

You can book online but I admit I havent tried.

http://www.thailandgolfers.com/golf-courses/pattaya/

We just booked through the travel agent at our condo but it wasnt the smoothest way to go. Have played at both Siam Country Club courses (expensive) and Phoenix. I would pick Phoenix out of these but there is heaps of others I want to try.

As mentioned above, there are heaps of bars and pubs that organise golf in Pattaya including Golf Club Bar in LK Metro next to Devils Den. You can just put your name on the board I believe for the next scheduled round.

PS. Playing golf in Pattaya is great. The caddies will make your day. They are small, cute and playful once they get to know you are a lot of fun as long as you are there for a good time and not hell bent on breaking the course record.

Have fun!

Awesome. From reading around its clear caddies are manadatory and great fun and being there in July, we'll want carts just to stave off some of the humidity!

Have a look at this thread. Sapphire Lodge Golf #1

Golf is about you vs the golf course. As an 11 handicapper hen you will know that.

There is another side to golf though. I remember a story about a Priest who feigned an illness to sneak out to play a round of golf on a bleak Sunday. It was windy and there were rain storms and no one else was on the course. He played on his own and from the first shot he knew it was going to be a special day. He drove the ball over 300 meters straight as an arrow, hit the centre of greens, chipped in and sank 40 foot puts. At the end of the round he had hit a best ever score of 62 and he felt great. As he walked off the last green there was a figure shrouded in opaque robes. “I’m the Archangel Gabriel and you are being punished for not going to work today” ... The priest looked at the angel and said... "what punishment? I have just had the round of my life.”.... Gabriel looked at the priest and said ” Yes but who can you tell?"

Even though you are playing against the course the true enjoyment in a round of golf comes from your playing partners. I recommend you join one of the many groups and meet up with other like minded individuals.

Happy golfing

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Thanks again for the great advice. I'm the most serious golfer of the group so my needs are unfortunately not the most important but with 4 of us I'm sure we will reach the right balance!

Definitely reviewing the linked thread and will hit up a society when we touch down.

Have a look at this thread. Sapphire Lodge Golf #1

Golf is about you vs the golf course. As an 11 handicapper hen you will know that.

There is another side to golf though. I remember a story about a Priest who feigned an illness to sneak out to play a round of golf on a bleak Sunday. It was windy and there were rain storms and no one else was on the course. He played on his own and from the first shot he knew it was going to be a special day. He drove the ball over 300 meters straight as an arrow, hit the centre of greens, chipped in and sank 40 foot puts. At the end of the round he had hit a best ever score of 62 and he felt great. As he walked off the last green there was a figure shrouded in opaque robes. “I’m the Archangel Gabriel and you are being punished for not going to work today” ... The priest looked at the angel and said... "what punishment? I have just had the round of my life.”.... Gabriel looked at the priest and said ” Yes but who can you tell?"

Happy golfing

Are you sure that was a priest? I heard that tale 20 years ago about a rabbi who got a hole in one on the sabbath.

Are you sure that was a priest? I heard that tale 20 years ago about a rabbi who got a hole in one on the sabbath.

20 Years ago...sounds about right and it may well have been a Rabbi but on this forum if you mention any religion apart from the Christians the racial hatred comes out in bucket loads. They know who they are and wouldn’t find this at all amusing. Hope your memories of the story were at least pleasant.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire