Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

sukothai /ayuthya

nikcool10

plan to visit sukothai /ayuthya , i had seen pictures of good temples and budha statues... i heard its quite far from bangkok,,, has anyone been there and can share their experiences as to the travel, food, stay, days needed to cover both place, p4p scene, etc

I don't go to Thailand to visit temples and look at Bhudda statues, I go to visit gogo's and look at bargirls!

Po Gunner... i totally agree with you,,, but i was just curious to know more about these places !

nik, I would normally make a point of visiting touristy place and seeing the sights any where in the world I travel, but not in Thailand. It is the only place I don't take the wife and the only place I can be really naughty and do all the things I really want to do, but hey mate do your own thing. I am retired now, so do a lot of traveling, unfortunately with the wife most of the time, but Thailand is my own holiday, a couple of weeks of the year that are mine nad I spend most of my life dreaming of my next trip there.

Other countries I go too, I see gorgeous young fillies and dream about BF'ing them, but would onkly be classed as a dirty old man if they knew what I was thinking. That does'nt happen in Patts. roll on August the 17th

Ayudthaya is not so far from Bangkok and can easily be visited on a day trip from there, if you can get out of bed early. Sukhotai is far but one of the nicest places in Thailand to me. I absolutely love temples and ruines and went there in 1993 for the first time. I went back last year and was very glad to see that all ruines are still well maintained. You can see all of them in 1 day (just rent a bicycle), but you will be arriving in the afternoon or evening by bus ( no trains going all the way to Sukhotai). You can have a nice room for 500 baht, at least that's what we paid for our bungalow. You don't need to go there for bars or girls, but I guess you already figured that out...

There are direct Bangkok Airways flights between BKK and Sukothai - takes 1hr 15 mins, cost 2,500/3,000 baht return (varies according to day of travel, advance booking etc.

I have just got back from a 3 day trip to Ayutthaya - catch the train from bangkok to Ayutthaya it will take about 1 hour 30 mins and the train cost is 15 Baht !! Then to get across the river the small boatride will cost you 4 Baht. A room will cost you from 250 baht up to about 400 Baht.

The Place is fantastic for temples!!

Mr Sunshine

Yes i have been to sukothai , i caught the bus from the northern bus terminal in bangkok , the bus took about 9 hours , i think i caught the local bus not the vip bus . Sukothai is a very relaxed place , you rent a bicycle from the local guest hose and cruise round the historical park . very similar to many provincial thai cities , i caught the flight back to bangkok from sukothai airport, sukothai airport is the best airport i have ever been too , it feels like you are at a golf resort. people vist thailand for many reasons ,i still enjoy visiting the provinces from time to time .

• 6 months later...

Day trips from Bangkok to Ayutthaya are doable. As I lived in Ayutthaya for a year, and made day trips to Bangkok weekly. One day is to little time to see much of the ancient temples and palaces. I would suggest a few nights stay. Although nothing like BKK or Pats, there are some mongering opportunities, at Grand Market, and near by Chao Prom market.

Been to both - I came down to Sukhothai by bus from Chiang Mai - it's a pretty small city. There is a good sort of open air food court (where I ate frog, which was delicious) and a night market (where I saw people eating bugs like popcorn for the first time!). There are places you can stay there with your own little bungalow and rent a scooter and ride out of town to the ruins of ancient Sukhothai. I enjoyed a day out at the ruins greatly.

Moving on the Ayyuthaya by bus again, there is a kind of tourist quarter with restaurants and guesthouses - but the rest of the town was quite a bustling Thai city - not all modern like Bangkok, but big. The ruins and temples are located all over the place, so you need a scooter (easy to rent from your guesthouse) to go from place to place. I thought it was very nice too.

If you like dirty monkeys you could drop into Lopburi in between the two.

Don't know anything about mongering in these places though. I don't think there is much for western mongers. But I wasn't there for that.

• 4 months later...

You can see all this and more from a birds view at Mini Siam on Sukhumwit , have a beer and drive your scooter back to Beach Road..all this in about a hour..

"Man...Because he sacrifies his health in order to make money. Then sacrifies money to recuperate his health. And then his so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if hes never going to die, and then dies having never really lived "

^ LOL. You aren't seriously suggesting a visit to a naff tourist attraction as an alternative to the real thing, surely?

Archived