Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Transport out of Patts on 19th Apr

zmanz

Anyone knows a taxi/transport service operating on Songkran 19th Apr? I'd checked with Mr T & PT Taxi, and they aren't running on that day.

Bell bus seems to be working but no pick up from hotel/guesthouse. I'm staying at Soi Chaiyapoon so I'm not sure how I should make it to bell bus office with luaggages.

TIA to anyone who could help.

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

The 19th is a nightmare for traffic ( it can take hours to travel a few kms)

Personally i would travel out on the 18th and spend the night in BKK if you need to get to the airport.

Bangkoks songkran finishes on the 14th..so you will have no issues there.

cheers

James023

From what I read the traffic is bad mainly for those coming into patts, leaving aren't as bad. I'll need to be at airport around 11am, so I'm trying to find a transport at 6-7am which gives me 4-5hrs to reach airport.

Problem is the 2 taxi companies that I'd used in the past don't operate on that day and bell bus doesn't offer pick up. Would be ideal if I can find a private transport, else I'll need to use bell bus.

Anyone knows will it be possible to get a bath bus or taxi on 3rd road that will dop me at bell bus office? Thanks.

http://www.google.co...5zI_VSKRtwvbhfw

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=Ip3W6RHnvLg

Get Bahtbus to Threppya Road.... Only 124 baht to Airport. Non Stop.

Thanks. So bahtbus still operating on the 19th? If so then I should be able to get to a bus service with little problem :)

Thanks. So bahtbus still operating on the 19th? If so then I should be able to get to a bus service with little problem :)

Just be prepared to get very wet, and don't think having luggage with you will change that!!

I just got an email from Mr T, no taxi to pick me up on 19th(arrive 7pm).....

Anyone know if the BKK airport taxi's will be operating as usual on 19th?

I already have hotel in Patts booked for 19th and have an early dental appt'for 20th

so can't stay the night in Bangkok...

I just got an email from Mr T, no taxi to pick me up on 19th(arrive 7pm).....

Anyone know if the BKK airport taxi's will be operating as usual on 19th?

I already have hotel in Patts booked for 19th and have an early dental appt'for 20th

so can't stay the night in Bangkok...

It'll all be over by 7pm in Pattaya so no reason a BKK taxi wouldn't bring you IMO.

It'll all be over by 7pm in Pattaya so no reason a BKK taxi wouldn't bring you IMO.

Thanks Edge, I booked flight to arrive 19th as i assumed Songran would be over by then... :Surrender1:

Don't even try to travel starting in Pattaya on the 19th if its a flight you're trying to connect.

Advice like getting a Bus is beyond belief with luggage on the Battle Royale day, is complete utter madness. Do as someone else advised and get yourself up to Bangkok on the 18th late in the evening.

I actually travelled out of Pattaya on the 17th one year via taxi for Bangkok (not flying) and took over 2 hours just to get up to Sukumvit from Beach Rd.

Don't even try to travel starting in Pattaya on the 19th if its a flight you're trying to connect.

Advice like getting a Bus is beyond belief with luggage on the Battle Royale day, is complete utter madness. Do as someone else advised and get yourself up to Bangkok on the 18th late in the evening.

I actually travelled out of Pattaya on the 17th one year via taxi for Bangkok (not flying) and took over 2 hours just to get up to Sukumvit from Beach Rd.

What time did you travel then? I'm going to catch the 6am bell bus for a 12+pm flight (need to be airport at 11+am). I doubt I'll be late. Also I'm going off from 3rd road with a 20" luagge.

But if I'm pissed off with Songkran by 18th, then I'll just stay a night in BKK 55555

What time did you travel then? I'm going to catch the 6am bell bus for a 12+pm flight (need to be airport at 11+am). I doubt I'll be late. Also I'm going off from 3rd road with a 20" luagge.

But if I'm pissed off with Songkran by 18th, then I'll just stay a night in BKK 55555

Is that 6am for a noon flight ?? If it is that should be okay certainly for time because 99% of the idiots will still be in bed. But you'll get walloped by the Thais in that area for sure so do you want to fly covered in white glutenous powder and soaking wet !!

Go up on the 18th late at night and drop anchor up Sukumvit near the Nana plaza. If you look on the Stickman site he's got a special offer linked to him. Forget the name of hotel but its around 1000 baht for the night....

I absolutely wouldn't risk going on the 19th unless absolutely necessary....

Is that 6am for a noon flight ?? If it is that should be okay certainly for time because 99% of the idiots will still be in bed. But you'll get walloped by the Thais in that area for sure so do you want to fly covered in white glutenous powder and soaking wet !!

Go up on the 18th late at night and drop anchor up Sukumvit near the Nana plaza. If you look on the Stickman site he's got a special offer linked to him. Forget the name of hotel but its around 1000 baht for the night....

I absolutely wouldn't risk going on the 19th unless absolutely necessary....

55555 I doubt the thais will be that lively at 5.30am especially when it's off beach road and 2nd road. Anyway, I'll observed how it's like around that timing on 16th and 17th before I decide if leaving on 19th is really that bad...

I'll likely stay near Asoke BTS if I want to go BBK for the night :)

55555 I doubt the thais will be that lively at 5.30am especially when it's off beach road and 2nd road. Anyway, I'll observed how it's like around that timing on 16th and 17th before I decide if leaving on 19th is really that bad...

I'll likely stay near Asoke BTS if I want to go BBK for the night :)

They WILL be on the 19th !!!

You have to understand that the 19th is 50 times more explosive than the previous 5-6 days.....

Edited by Joe_Le_Force

They WILL be on the 19th !!!

You have to understand that the 19th is 50 times more explosive than the previous 5-6 days.....

So you'd been around on previous19th 5+am around 3rd road/chaiyapoon? I'm not doubting what u say, but I just want a more accurate information.

I'd asked the owner of the guesthouse before regarding if leaving on 19th at that timing was ok or should I stayed in BKK for the night, he replied I should not have problem ;)

I doubt he needs to say it just to have me stay another day as I'd already paid full for the whole stay. I'll just have to see for myself and hear what the bar owners around the area have to say and decide. Getting taxi service on 18th won't be as hard and I can book any BKK hotel without a problem.

Love the signature........Wish I was where you are !

So you'd been around on previous19th 5+am around 3rd road/chaiyapoon? I'm not doubting what u say, but I just want a more accurate information.

I'd asked the owner of the guesthouse before regarding if leaving on 19th at that timing was ok or should I stayed in BKK for the night, he replied I should not have problem ;)

I doubt he needs to say it just to have me stay another day as I'd already paid full for the whole stay. I'll just have to see for myself and hear what the bar owners around the area have to say and decide. Getting taxi service on 18th won't be as hard and I can book any BKK hotel without a problem.

Up to you buddy !! I'm just stating that if it was me there's not a chance in hell that I would leave from Pattaya on the 19th. As the days leading up are nothing like as extreme as the 19th it will be a little late to think shit I should have gone yesterday !! The buggers will be fighting from first light.

If you were not flying that I'd chance it. If you're actually in a narrow Soi the situation would be worse.

Edited by Joe_Le_Force

Up to you buddy !! I'm just stating that if it was me there's not a chance in hell that I would leave from Pattaya on the 19th. As the days leading up are nothing like as extreme as the 19th it will be a little late to think shit I should have gone yesterday !! The buggers will be fighting from first light.

If you were not flying that I'd chance it. If you're actually in a narrow Soi the situation would be worse.

well everyone has their sides and opinions. at that timing nobody can be certain yet. I guess I'm not you and likely to chance it just for the sake of experiencing the "terror" of the 19th 55555

well everyone has their sides and opinions. at that timing nobody can be certain yet. I guess I'm not you and likely to chance it just for the sake of experiencing the "terror" of the 19th 55555

Sure if you're happy about the possibility of buying a new ticket go for it !!

Are Bell actually running that day ??

Sure if you're happy about the possibility of buying a new ticket go for it !!

Are Bell actually running that day ??

yes they are running just no pick ups. unlikely i'll end up getting a new ticket. Even if I have to, it'll be a first experience for me, that'll be priceless 55555

Love the signature........Wish I was where you are !

LOL - I'm actually back for the proper day, which I quite like..........maybe.

It's just the premature ejaculators I can't abide. :SoWhat1:

One of the budget airways is having a promo price for 20th Apr 8.50am flight, it's only 2600B with Tax which is cheaper than 4stars hotel in BKK. Went ahead and booked it. Now to find a guesthouse and transport for 5am transport on 20th 5555

• 2 weeks later...

My observations of transportation on the 19th. I woke up around 6.30am on the 19th at Chaiyapoon, they only started playing water around 7am, which means 6am you should be able to make your way to Bell bus service without getting wet via 3rd Road.

There are also baht bus around till around 9am. The jam on 2nd road started around 10.30am from Klang onwards, Soi VC to Klang traffic around 11am is still quite smooth. Soi 6 will be fun around 11am, same same 7&8. Made in Thailand becomes boring in later afternoon.

To avoid getting wet or mildly wet on beach road, you can walk along the stalls. Soi Buakhao, Chaiyapoon, Diana, Honey are the main hit area early in the morning around 7-8am. 2nd road follows slightly later. Soi 7&8 only starts around 11+am. Walking Street is OK after 7pm, but there'll be some tourist who don't know how to stop. This year it's mainly (from observation) the Japs.

Well those are the main areas I'd moved around yesterday. Hope this will be of some reference for those planning for next year.