Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Search Engines as Members?

andyaus

Search Engines as Members?

I have noticed that in the details of which BM’s are reading a particular post, we get search engines popping up.

Does this mean that Google or MSN/Bing are spying on our threads. Or at least the threads are being included in someones search?

Google.jpg

Bing.jpg

It is a bit disconcerting.

32 Users but only 11 BM’s.......Who are the other 21 viewers?

4 users but only 1 BM, 0 guests and 0 anonymous Who are the other 3 Viewers?

Edited by andyaus

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Some forums allow search engines to scan all the content, others do not. This one does.

You will find PA threads show up in Google results. Search for exact title of a thread and you will see an example.

Some forums allow search engines to scan all the content, others do not. This one does.

You will find PA threads show up in Google results. Search for exact title of a thread and you will see an example.

Doesn't seem like there is a robots.txt file telling Google not to crawl.

Edited by saxondale

Thai <-> English translations. 100% anonymous and confidential. Cheap rates. Paypal accepted. Email Lek on "[email protected]"

Doesn't seem like their is a robots.txt file telling Google not to crawl.

Why would it? Do you think we got almost 70,000 members though word of mouth.

Search engines index some parts of the forum (not Advanced). It's been that way from the start and isn't going to change.

The other viewers you see are people who arent logged in.

Its a glitch with the failed upgrade. They only option is to shut the site down. I would rather not. But if you guys need me to. The bots dont have any access to that level. Its just a glitch. If people dont believe me. Maybe better to close the site for aweek.

Its a glitch with the failed upgrade. They only option is to shut the site down. I would rather not. But if you guys need me to. The bots dont have any access to that level. Its just a glitch. If people dont believe me. Maybe better to close the site for aweek.

Not necessary I think. The bots aren't going to be able to index the non-public stuff anyway.

Thai <-> English translations. 100% anonymous and confidential. Cheap rates. Paypal accepted. Email Lek on "[email protected]"

Well I’m happy that smarter people than me have things under control.

I can see the merit in letting Google access our forum (at least the Public pages) and hopefully this allows the forum to grow.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Christ, are you doing yaba?

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

Search engines index some parts of the forum (not Advanced). It's been that way from the start and isn't going to change.

The other viewers you see are people who arent logged in.

I've never checked it (yet) but that is the reason why my TRs are in Advanced i.e. not because there are lots of naked girls in them.

I'm probably being thick, but how can a BM be viewing one of my TRs without being logged in?

Christ, are you doing yaba?

LOL, I was at the Thursday Party at Sapphire Lodge, I barely remember making the post on my phone.

I have now blocked the ability for people to see who is reading the threads, as not to alarm people while the modification is fixed.

I have now blocked the ability for people to see who is reading the threads, as not to alarm people while the modification is fixed.

I can still see who's reading, except Google etc have now gone.

Have you changed who can see, or just changed who we can see looking?

Google's gone and Facebook is watching now. :hello09:

Google's gone and Facebook is watching now. :hello09:

google’s back

MV5BMzAzMjAzNDg3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTMyMDUwNA@@._V1._CR336,0,1375,1375_SS100_.jpg

Voltaire

google’s back

MV5BMzAzMjAzNDg3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTMyMDUwNA@@._V1._CR336,0,1375,1375_SS100_.jpg

Facebook's gone again - must be working a rota.

Facebook's gone again - must be working a rota.

I’m just keeping an eye out to make sure they can’t turn on my web cam...

watching.jpg

Voltaire

Google's back.

MSN/Bing must've been laid off.