IGNORED

Book from agoda, trip advisor... or better when i get there

russ_ak

Hi everyboby,

In one weeks, i should be in pattaya but i was wondering if it's better to book from my countrie from a website like Agoda, or similar, or if it's better to go there and to see once i'm there. I think if a book on internet i can have a better price, but if something wrong with the hotel i cannot be refund.

Thanks to give me your point of view.

The main reason I'm booking before I go this time is so my budget out there is strictly for beer/food/woman. Not spendiing my money out there on hotels. The last time I booked when out there was handy as I could sample hotels and see what locations/prices/service was like. But I spent a shit load.

So I would book before if you've already stayed at the hotel - just so you know what to expect and have no problems.

have a look at the (Pattaya Bay Resort),good value and highly reccomended,book before you go,get internet rates,or book a hotel for a day or two,and then decide,i normally stay at the SANDY SPRING hotel,SOI 13,brilliant,good staff,great location,

Hi everyboby,

In one weeks, i should be in pattaya but i was wondering if it's better to book from my countrie from a website like agoda, or similar, or if it's better to go there and to see once i'm there. I think if a book on internet i can have a better price, but if something wrong with the hotel i cannot be refund.

The hotel I am staying quotes 1670 baht on Agoda, yet I talked them down to 1000 baht. Initially, they wanted 1500 baht, which is ALREADY LOWER than Agoda.

Use the power of low season to your advantage. If you find their own hotel website, you could negotiate by email also.

Aus Spass wurde Ernst, und Ernst ist jetzt 5 Jahre alt.

Fuckin in Austria -......- Vagina in Russia -......-Pattaya Sun

post-17124-0-26440700-1328946704.gif

Thanks for your replies,

i guess i'll wait to see it when i'll be there, (6days!!! can't wait anymore!), i'm still hesitate between various hotel (golden sea hotel, cause there's tony's gym nearby), (sabai lodge hotel, in soi 2, little bit far but with tuk tuk it's ok), (Pattaya Bay Resort, areca lodge), ... , very difficult to choose indeed...

ps : macumba if u find me good bargain as you, i pay you 2 beers by day (i stay 16days wich means 32 beers, not bad! lol)

Its not a bad idea to book the first night before hand so you know you will have somewhere to sleep. Then have a look around and find something you like.

I always want to have a room before I arrive. It's too far to go to waste time looking for a room after arrival.

I always look at Agoda, Expedia and Asia Rooms. Depending on the hotel, any of these might have the best rate. I will sometimes then call the hotel directly to see if they will match the best rate that I found. Many times they will and I prefer to have a direct booking in case I want to make special requests, etc. If the hotel will not match the rate, I just book through with the lowest rate found on the travel sites. Once I find a hotel that I like I try to meet the owner/manager while I am there (and I get an email address). In many cases they will maintain the rate for me on subsequent visits if I contact them directly. Additionally, I have been pretty lucky in requesting specific rooms, check-in / check-out time concessions, etc.

...sabai lodge hotel, in soi 2, little bit far but with tuk tuk it's ok), (Pattaya Bay Resort, areca lodge), ... , very difficult to choose indeed...

Does the hotel have its own tuk tuk? Because there aren't really any here ;) ...

I always just "go with it" and arrive with no booking. But then again, the prices you talk about, is not in my normalt budget level.

The hotel I am staying quotes 1670 baht on Agoda, yet I talked them down to 1000 baht. Initially, they wanted 1500 baht, which is ALREADY LOWER than Agoda.

Use the power of low season to your advantage. If you find their own hotel website, you could negotiate by email also.

You are right about Agoda, easy to get better prices. Your hotel sounds like a great deal mate, which hotel are you staying at and what is their email address? Thanks

Check for the best deals on directrooms.com and then email the hotel of your choice directly, but don't ask them for a better price as this doesn't usually get you the best price.

All you have to do is get the name a similar priced hotel to the one you want and then email your hotel asking them to beat an offer that you have received from the other hotel (obviously make up a fictitious offer, but don't make it totally unbelievable) This has worked for many many times for me, infact, now I really enjoy the challenge. Hope that you understand what I mean.

Alternatively, look for newly opened hotels as they usually have offers.

Hi everyboby,

In one weeks, i should be in pattaya but i was wondering if it's better to book from my countrie from a website like agoda, or similar, or if it's better to go there and to see once i'm there. I think if a book on internet i can have a better price, but if something wrong with the hotel i cannot be refund.

for DECENT hotels, you need to book ages in advance nowadays.

cheap and cheerfull end of the market always has something to offer.