IGNORED

Oral cancer!

the canylinguist

HI GUYS! despite my tag name im stunned at recent news on yahoo that sexualy orientated oral cancers are rising at an all time high, 6000 in the UK alone, mainly youngish males but no info on females? food for thought? i can see a multi billion dollar industry in the making? lingering mouth ulcers 1 of the warning signs as with greyish areas on tongue or tonsills, scarey stuff NO MUFFING FOR ME TONIGHT. here is the latest bit of re search! its called papiloma or HPV more deadly now than tobacco!! 37000 us folks diaognosed, young teens are being offered a vaccine,its the same as servical cancer, i feel us guys MUST google this more.

HI! as true as i sit here, it quite took me back but when you think of it the blood vessels in your mouth cant be no different than ya knob

Checking my mouth now.....nope nothing for now.

Thanks for the warning but I just can't help myself when over there.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

MMMMMM, hang on to ya tonsills! there prety much like ya balls this is well worth googling dont ya think? cheers.

lol. Not really a surprise if you live in the UK.

The general health for the, er, general population is shocking.

Im only surprised that people are so shocked when these things turn up in the headlines.

Going down on jack danny is a tiny risk in comparision with drinking and smoking too much.

As for the drug companies. Ka-ching!

YES but it seems the risk is escalating, would like to hear what the risk rate is in the ladies? cheers.

Scary... As much i love licking, I,m considering using condoms on my tongue in future...... :unsure:

Scaremongering......whenever I get asked about HIV my response is.I am 62 years old and get free prescriptions....you live and you die......you can lock yourself away in a room and spend your time making models of westminster abbey out of matchsticks....but where is the fun in that?

Scaremongering......whenever I get asked about HIV my response is.I am 62 years old and get free prescriptions....you live and you die......you can lock yourself away in a room and spend your time making models of westminster abbey out of matchsticks....but where is the fun in that?

55555 Good Point...

Yes, but they are mainly linked to smoking, then alcohol and HPV.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-17383118

You see, this article says 6200 annually; more than half of those are due to smoking - let's say 60%.

It says that the rest is mainly down to alcohol and HPV (i.e. from oral sex) - lets say 20% each (or 1240 cases).

The five year survival rate for mouth cancer is 50%; that's 620 deaths due to oral sex related mouth cancer.

To put that in perspective; that's a little less likely than dying from falling down the stairs - see attached causes of death in Britain for things that are far more likely to kill you.

.Factfile_deaths_large.png:

Yeah, I agree. Keep on licking till you stop ticking!

• 2 years later...

Why good health is important? Well, we need to be healthy in order for us not to get sick. Many people do not realize the importance of good health, and even if they do, they may still disregard it. Besides, cancer is the major public health problem in the United States. However, a new report finds that the rate of people dying of cancer in the United States is continuing its downward craze. Some say the result is a payoff for the country's investment into medical science. Others remain skeptical.

Archived