IGNORED

60 days visa extention?

squared

Came across something I didn't know when I asked Champion Tours in Soi Postoffice where to go for my next tourist visa, I've gotten away with them for many years, but I need one more before I can finally get the retirement visa. Had to change the passports quite frequently to erase the records. The embassies in Laos as well as Cambodia made it more difficult to obtain tourist visas I learned, but the travel agent offered a nostrum, a 60 days visa extention by the immigration office in Jomtien for 10,500 Baht. Sounds reasonable, a little more pricey than a visa run to Laos, and the usual extention of 30 days is not possible, but I love to do without the long rides to and from Vientiane.

Is anybody here familiar with these extentions? Are they legal?

Legal ? .... Don't think so .

Sounds like some officer/travel agent wanna make some quick money , be carefull .

I wouldn't take the risk , it's only one last time before your retirement visa .

Another option is Air France having a flight to Phnom Penh for around 6000 baht .

I wouldn't do it, especially if you have to leave your passport with them. Stamp could be fake and even if not if you are called out on it the travel agent won't be liable, only you. You can arrange with a visa run company to meet up with them in Laos and take a return flight for that price.

Seems to be legit, it worked beautifully, and better than expected in my case. First the immigration granted the 60 day extension, and obviously after checking the passport and possibly other paperwork or computer files stamped the extention stamp with a fat 'VOID'. Granted a non-immigrant visa with the annotation 'retirement' for 90 days instead on the next page of my passport.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this happening some last year. From what I found out from someone in the visa business was they were being granted based on medical reasons. You could get questioned to produce hospital recipes on your departure if they were suspicious.