IGNORED

Thai Air A380

Luv2Phuket

I appears they have announced that Frankfurt and Hong Kong are going to be the first 2 cities to be serviced by Thai Air's new A380s.

Here's a video presentation re the prospective lay-out of the planes:

My apologies if this has already been posted!

Edited by footypjman

have travelled in the A380 with emerites, beautiful piece of kit, and so silent, it has huge engines but you can't hear them at all,

Stevie

They are good but have to confess preferred the seats in the Boeing 777 to the A380, just a bit better for my back

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

Have travelled also on an A380 with emirates great airline il be travelling on one in July again, would love to fly business class on one of those

The first A380 with Thai Airways will be used in Asain sectors to train staff & get used to the drill etc.

Then the first two places they will serve long distance will be London & Frankfurt.

I bet the Business seats on the A380 will be lots more expensive than they are now from London to Bangkok return.

Thanks to the OP.

:001_Sawasdee:

Have travelled also on an A380 with emirates great airline il be travelling on one in July again, would love to fly business class on one of those

Flew Biz the other Year on this plane and whilst still new not much difference.

Before climbing the stairs looked into Cattle and seemed quite light and airy walking about later i saw they had mood lighting downstairs with stars in ceiling.

They will not allow you a look upstairs as i had to reshow my stub and some idiots was moaning he just wanted a look upstairs and photos as i passed him 5555

And as has been said bet the price will go up and days out of London reduce as they pack them in rather than half empty planes the last year daily ( until recent )

• 5 months later...

Just booked myself on a flight on the Thai A380. Can't wait. I've flown on Emirates and Singapore airlines A380's previously so interested to see how the Thai version compares. And I'll be upstairs as well and the proposed configuration looks pretty sweet.

The first A380 with Thai Airways will be used in Asain sectors to train staff & get used to the drill etc.

Then the first two places they will serve long distance will be London & Frankfurt.

I bet the Business seats on the A380 will be lots more expensive than they are now from London to Bangkok return.

Thanks to the OP.

Thai Airways have no plans to use the A380 on the LHR-BKK route.

I like the idea of flying the 380 but on the other hand looking around at 400 people heading for immigration at the same time as me worries me a little

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Good that they've got proper 180deg flatbeds in Biz class now unlike on all their other planes.

But 32" pitch in Econ is 2" less than most of their other big planes so the majority of passengers will have less room. Oh well, pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap eh!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm super excited for this plane! I fly out cattle but am flying BKK to NRT on the A380 FIRST, and then flying UA from NRT to LAX on the 787 Dreamliner in business!

Thanks to the OP.

I'm pretty sure Paris and Frankfurt are to be the European destinations Thai will use their A380s on, unless they have changed their plans.

I'm pretty sure Paris and Frankfurt are to be the European destinations Thai will use their A380s on, unless they have changed their plans.

As per 24AUG12 GDS timetable and inventory display, THAI is moving forward Airbus A380 inauguration date to 06OCT12, instead of 28OCT12. Inaugural flight remains unchanged, as the Star Alliance member will first operate Bangkok – Hong Kong route, followed by Bangkok – Singapore.

Bangkok – Hong Kong 06OCT12 – 14DEC12

TG600 BKK0800 – 1145HKG 380 D

TG601 HKG1325 – 1505BKK 380 D

Bangkok – Singapore 06OCT12 – 14DEC12

TG409 BKK1705 – 2020SIN 380 D

TG410 SIN2200 – 2320BKK 380 D

Above schedules are in effect from 06OCT12 to 27OCT12.

Following planned A380 service remains unchanged for the moment:

Bangkok – Frankfurt eff 15DEC12 TG920/921

Bangkok – Tokyo Narita eff 16JAN13 TG676/677

Bangkok – Paris CDG eff 16FEB13 TG930/931

I bet the price is going to be high at first. Emirates were like that when they first introduced their plane.

I might try to do the Bangkok to Hong Kong flight in December just to see how it is. Partying in Hong Kong for a few days will not be that bad....nice thread!

Edited by quenton79