Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Rough as f**K......Thai translation

muu

The other day my gf caught me looking at a BG too long :Busted: . The reason I was looking (really!) is that she looked so bad I couldn't see how she'd get any customers. I told my gf that I was staring because I thought she was as rough as fuck then I had to try explaining the meaning of this to her.

So, my question is what is the Thai equivalent of this.

I don't think it would have any meaning or make sense in a direct translation, so you need to use a standard Thai phrase like Nah Kliat (ugly) or Mai Suey (not pretty) or Mai Sexy (not sexy)

BTW Thais know well the English word fuck. It means to have have sexual intercourse. But I've found many Thais don't realize the word is also used in other ways - like rough as fuck - or as we say fuck this and fuck that or where's my fucking dog?

I remember having trouble with the fridge one day and having a go at repairing it. I ended up getting angry and shouting "fuck the fridge!" TGF was puzzled. I think she had a mental picture of me standing there with the fridge door open and my pants around my ankles, poking my tool into the shelves...

Surely Dah Ling would fit the Bill 555

I don't think it would have any meaning or make sense in a direct translation, so you need to use a standard Thai phrase like Nah Kliat (ugly) or Mai Suey (not pretty) or Mai Sexy (not sexy)

I know direct translation wouldn't make any sense and didn't even try that but was wondering if there was Thai expression with a similar meaning. I did get the gf to kind of understand by using mai suey and mai sexy and explaining that I thought the BG needed to make a bit more effort if she wanted to attract customers. That was after I broke through the Thai female logic that says if you look at another female for more than a split second you must be looking for a new lady!

BTW Thais know well the English word fuck. It means to have have sexual intercourse. But I've found many Thais don't realize the word is also used in other ways - like rough as fuck - or as we say fuck this and fuck that or where's my fucking dog?

I remember having trouble with the fridge one day and having a go at repairing it. I ended up getting angry and shouting "fuck the fridge!" TGF was puzzled. I think she had a mental picture of me standing there with the fridge door open and my pants around my ankles, poking my tool into the shelves...

lol!! I tend not to use English swear words very often because of the confusion it can cause and I steer clear of Thai swear words because or the trouble I'd probably get myself into 555

Surely Dah Ling would fit the Bill 555

5555 You're right - it could have made explaining myself a lot easier

That was after I broke through the Thai female logic that says if you look at another female for more than a split second you must be looking for a new lady!

That is just so true !

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

A popular Thai word for "fuck" when it's used to intensify the meaning is โคตร: Kot

Just like "fuck" it's not very polite, but it's used all the time (just like "fuck" in English :D )

A normal word for ugly looking is ขี้เหร่: Kee Ray, so fucking ugly = Kot Kee Ray

Here's a youtube clip where a guy explains how to use โคตร Kot:

Edited by slick67

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

ผิวเหี่ยว :)

Not sure of a direct translation, i suppose ดูไม่สวยเลย doo mai suay lery, would work but then usually "rough as fuck" suggests that someone just looks bad today perhaps due to being on the sauce the night before(?). Maybe just bung a วันนี้ wan-ne in before the ดู/do to make it sound more like "today, this person doesn't look good".

edit - i wonder if the phrase ดูเหมือนศพ is used in speaking as that conjures a decent "rough as fuck" image.

Edited by herds

A popular Thai word for "fuck" when it's used to intensify the meaning is โคตร: Kot

Just like "fuck" it's not very polite, but it's used all the time (just like "fuck" in English :D )

A normal word for ugly looking is ขี้เหร่: Kee Ray, so fucking ugly = Kot Kee Ray

Thanks for the info

ผิวเหี่ยว :)

Not sure of a direct translation, i suppose ดูไม่สวยเลย doo mai suay lery, would work but then usually "rough as fuck" suggests that someone just looks bad today perhaps due to being on the sauce the night before(?). Maybe just bung a วันนี้ wan-ne in before the ดู/do to make it sound more like "today, this person doesn't look good".

edit - i wonder if the phrase ดูเหมือนศพ is used in speaking as that conjures a decent "rough as fuck" image.

Not sure if the opening comment means more than what it literally translates as?

The rest of your post sums up the issue well - trying to convey the meaning of of the expression.

As to adding wan-ne - I imagine my gf would have taken that to mean I regularly look at this girl this deepening the hole I was digging for myself 5555

Rather than 'naa giat' you could say 'naa gloo-a' which means 'scary face'.

I don't know if my Thai is up to this but you could also say 'naa sem kaang lang rot mair' = 'face like the back end of a bus'! :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Well if you really want to say somebody's butt ugly there's Nah Hee (cunt fact) or Nah Muan Toot Moo (face like a pig's ass) Nah Tate (clit face) or Nah Ling (monkey face)

But in the situation OP describes I would say - pooying nun mai suey, mai sexy. That's what a Thai would say. They avoid getting into spiteful graphic descriptions unless they have a specific grudge against a person.

Rather than 'naa giat' you could say 'naa gloo-a' which means 'scary face'.

I don't know if my Thai is up to this but you could also say 'naa sem kaang lang rot mair' = 'face like the back end of a bus'! :GoldenSmile1:

I'm not sure if you Thai's up to it either but I understand what your saying 55555.

I'll have to get you a beer next time you're in Pattaya :Think1:

• 2 months later...

ขี้เรื้อน (Kii Ruen) This word means "mangy" as in describing a homeless soi dog that has never been cleaned. Use at your own risk w/ regards to people because I'm sure it's gonna offend someone within earshot.

• 2 months later...

Good information. But fuck, this guys even speaks better english than I do.