Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Diana Inn

quickhook

Hi guys. Just recently spent some time in this hotel, and thought i should share some information.

Location is Soi Diana/2nd road (across Mike shopping mall).

I stayed in a deluxe room at the new pool wing. Payed 1600/night.

No joiner fee. Asked if more than one guest, but no extra i was told. Never tried it though because two birds would probably kill me (hey i'm old!).

Pros:

- Staff were very friendly and did an excellent job, and that includes everyone. Cleaning, security, reception.

- Good wifi

- Breakfast was ok.

- Can't beat the location (that is if you prefer Soi Diana and LK Metro like me)

- Pool was great.

Cons:

The noise from the street. Asked for a room change first night further away from the street, and they fixed it quick and smooth. But if you are a light sleeper maybe this isn't your first choise of hotel.

Stayed at Areca before. Less noise there, but bigger balcony here. I enjoy sitting outside sipping a drink and do some reading.

Will i stay here again? Absolutely.

Some pics i took.

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

Hi guys. Just recently spent some time in this hotel, and thought i should share some information.

Location is Soi Diana/2nd road (across Mike shopping mall).

I stayed in a deluxe room at the new pool wing. Payed 1600/night.

Thanks - always good to see hotel reviews.

I stayed there for a couple nites over the New Year when I got stuck, and I thought it was an OK place, good location etc.

I will say however, that I think it is overpriced. I much prefer say the huge rooms at say Armageddon on LK, or Mickeys on Buhkao - both have sofas, large beds etc etc and are priced around 1000 and 700 respectively. Then I splash out and spend maybe 2300 on a seaview in Seamesprings.......

Is there a lift avalaible for these rooms?

• 4 months later...

Great Place! stayed in Room 113, best location, nice staff, no hazzling.....only bad thing is the presure in the shower.... :GoldenSmile1:

I'm no skinflint but just checked rates for LK Metropole....Realised it's not everyone's cup of tea.... Room prices start at 3000, to 10,000...

I stayed in hotel in May and thought it was fine and like before only drawback was noise from bars opposite and the shower power . Lovely warm pool ,friendly staff and good service .

Hi anyone know the best way to book a room at the Dianna Inn? I was trying to book a room at Areca Lodge but it is booked out for august. Be in Pattaya 09/08/12 to 30/08/12.

• 10 months later...

seems to b overpriced, isnt Diana oasis a better deal?

This is a great place to stay... Even though it might be on the pricer region, I would argue that it is very nice, and the food is great too.

seems to b overpriced, isnt Diana oasis a better deal?

I have had great experiences at this place, so I would have to disagree. The staff here are great and so the atmosphere.

you spend £500+ on a flight and worry about £20 to £25

a day for a decent room

travel lodge at home can cost you much more than that for a last minute booking

take a day off from the drink once a week and you will be ££££££s in

just my thoughts

which will not be everyone's

120 days before my 7 month trip

cant wait

1 day off from drink???

Never! :LOL2:

• 5 weeks later...

PSA:

(This reply is copy of the other one I made to another about Diana Inn)

DIANA INN is no more.

It closed down on July 11th this year. And ownership moved to BOSS SUITES (from Bangkok).

There was no need to make reservation on weekend of 20th of July, as the place was practically empty.

Nothing has (yet) changed in the place, no renovations in progress, nor anything else going on.

BUT I did not ask them when if any renovations will start.

The toiletry has changed to new Boss Suite products.

The price during this low season seems to be these days already stuck at 1000 THB for the cheapest room in the old wing. (It was 1100 THB on songran this year). The price used to be indeed 850 THB still 2 years ago.

Here is partial copy from their poster in hotel:

"For your next visit at Diana Inn or further information please contact us at BOSS SUITES PATTAYA, tel 03 8429 675, 429 870, 421 634-4."

Notice this is same number as with Diana Inn (03 8429 675)

At the moment of this writing and next months, I recommend anyone considering Diana Inn (Boss Suites Pattaya) to ask what is the situation regarding renovations etc.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from spending 15 nights at Boss suites which thinking it was still the Dianna Inn had got no where trying to get a price using the old e mail addressess.

When I turned up the special promotion price tacked to the counter is 900bht for a standard room including breakfast for the month of August which for the two of us seemed reasonable 90 baht less then I usually pay having stayed there many times.

I soon found out that the place has been bought out by an Indian company and is undergoing renovations making it impossible to relax by the pool as mattresses and other shit is hurled out of windows.This might explain why the place  was nearly empty but the banging and braying finished around mid afternoon and to be honest I couldn't hear it in my room if i went for a kip for the air con.

The breakfast was just the same as were the majority of the staff except for an indian guy supervising reception.

There seems to be a change of policy for getting spunk on sheets as mine where left on the floor after the maid had changed them and after asking my bird to check why was informed a tip of 200 baht would be appreciated for the laundry women.

I wont stay here again the staff seem unhappy and pissed off may be worth a check when its been done up.

• 2 weeks later...

The old original part of the Diana inn is an out dated shit hole,so thats good news it is being renovated.Hope it stills stays as Diana inn though,as it is the first place i stayed in Patts back in 2003.and is a well known landmark.

Seems to have changed to Boss Suites already - will Soi Diana now become Soi Boss?

boss.JPG

• 2 months later...

anybody stayed here lately was thinking of staying there early Dec but my mate who went to look at it mentioned mould in bathrooms  i thought it had been refurbed  any info appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Im currently staying in the Diana inn, now Boss suites and have to say at this current time this place is a shambles.2 years ago I stayed here and the cost was 900 baht for a room .My TG booked up this time and as price was 1100 baht per night assumed would be in a similar standard room. Unfortunatly the price for those rooms are now 1800 and I was given room in old building and quite frankly it is awful. No hot water at times ,shower doesn't work most of the time ,its run down and dirty. Have complained to the management and told them what I thought of it and nothing gets done .Ive now changed to another hotel just down the road and its cheaper and way more modern and cleaner. How Boss suites can justify the price is beyond me compared to what you can get elsewhere. Take note chaps don't stay there ,its dreadful, well that's my experience anyway.

Archived