Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

lk royal wing

londoner2

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.asiarooms...html#amenddates

anyone tried it ? looks good from photos, and says it has a pool

Hi

I'm currently staying at the Royal Wing - been here nearly 3 weeks and leaving next Saturday.

I've been meaning to do a decent review of the place with pics etc but not go 'round to it yet so here's a brief version:

I booked a standard room for 1,445 through Agoda but it felt slightly cramped so I upgraded to a Junior Suite for an extra 200 per night. The prices are low as the hotel is still having the finishing touches applied which has meant some disturbance but nothing to worry about.

Everything is brand new and the room has a very light and airy feel to it. The bigger room has a tub and seperate shower whilst the standard room only had a shower.

The location is good - just behind the Royal Suites at the end of a quiet Soi.

There is only 1 lift which may be a problem once the hotel fills up as there are around 100 rooms.

The wifi is free and fairly stable although I've had a few occasions where it's been off for an hour or so.

The pool is on the roof and a decent size although there is very little shade up there. There is an underground car park in the basement which looks like it would take about 40 or 50 vehicles.

I'll do a full report with pics once I'm back in the UK.

Cheers

Noknmai

• 5 months later...

Stayed in the standard room in January and it was crap, the rooms in the photos are not the standard rooms but what you get when you upgrade. I was stuck right above a 24/7 family mart, the sound proof was terrible, the blinds were useless, there was no bath only a small shower. Not even a room swipe card, instead you got a big key to carry around. Reception not staffed 24/7 either and the pool is in the main building and not the standard room building which is basically a serviced apartment block.

In short don't book here, go to the LK renaissance, Tim Boutique or Page 10 as they're all in the same price range. Also it's a hell of a walk to central road from WS or even LK Metro day or night, the road is busy all the time.

Here's a pic of the room from the outside, the one right on the corner and inside the room you can see how ineffective the blinds are as well as the amount of light getting in through the door - which wasn't very secure either!

DSCF1884.JPG

DSCF2013.JPG

It's got the same address. Read my post again, if you don't book the upgraded room you get to stay in the serviced apartment block above family mart, if you upgrade you get to stay in the hotel proper. Anyway their staff sucked too and there was only one pc for internet usage in the lobby, in short plenty of better places to stay for the same money.

Up to you mate, but there are better locations for the same price in my opinion. I'm staying in Tim Boutique this time and it's a fantastic location.