IGNORED

Manta Hari - Cafe des Amis

spiceman

Hello all. Would like to hear if anybody has any experiences with either of these restaurants, looking for somewhere nice to eat with my parents for my 40th birthday. I'm staying in pattaya at the amari ocean tower for 3 nights and so far have picked Mum aroy seafood and Cabbages and Condoms for the other nights.

Looking forward in hearing your comments.

Thank you.

Tony.

I would have a complete different idea for my 40th birthday as going to diner .... with my parents .... in Pattaya .

Mum aroi is fine , try to go outside the weekends or it will be packed .

Third road , 'Cherries' is a good quality restaurant , Wednesday and Saterday buffet , other days a la carte .

if you can do it on sunday there is a lunch buffet at your hotel's restaurant called "mantra" but make sure you make a reservation as they are always booked out. the amari hotel where you are staying has a restaurant on the corner of beach road where the road turns up to go up the hill. corner of beach road before going up the hill called "mantra restaurant" about 1500 baht per person. lobster, aussie prime rib. and just about everything else you could want. it is the premier buffet in pattaya as far as i know and alot of other people that i know say the same. cherry's restaurant across from the excite disco up around soi chaiyapoom where it meets 3rd road is good too. gourmet standard at a very reasonable price. maybe 300 baht. i think the dinner buffet is wednesday and saturday as stated by jerry's post before my post.

Edited by A1 MAX OUT UBER FANTASTISH

Mata Hari is a great idea. Far superior to Cherries in food, service and ambiance. Pricy for Pattaya but worth it IMO. It is my favorite place to eat in Pattaya.

Good idea to book a table as he has a stable clientele and can be full.

i have eaten in both,until last week i would have said take you pick you will enjoy both.last week we went to mata hari and had a crap meal.my wifes chicken was tough as old boots and my oz t bone came with no fillet on and was chewy at best.when i asked to speak to the owner was told sorry just left to go home.head thai guy just listened to my story and walked away,6000b for a crap meal and take it or leave it but you pay full bill will not get me to return.

i have eaten in both,until last week i would have said take you pick you will enjoy both.last week we went to mata hari and had a crap meal.my wifes chicken was tough as old boots and my oz t bone came with no fillet on and was chewy at best.when i asked to speak to the owner was told sorry just left to go home.head thai guy just listened to my story and walked away,6000b for a crap meal and take it or leave it but you pay full bill will not get me to return.

Wow. Sorry to hear your experience. I guess it can happen in the best of restaurants. I've had at least 100 meals there and never a missed beat. Always top shelf. A shame Louie wasn't there to set it to rights.

I'd also second Mata Hari & have had great meals there. Alternatively try

Au Bon Coin (Phratamnak hill - excellent small family run French restaurant)

Mantra - I'd probably advise dinner. Real mix of cuisines from open kitchens.

Manhattan Steakhouse - not cheap at all, but the steaks I have there are as good as Shula's or Smith & Wollensky in NY.

Infiniti at the Sheraton. Amazing sunsets during Happy Hour & modern international cuisine with Italian influence.

Silverlake Winery & Grill. Again modern international with italian.

And now I'm hungry.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

I'd also second Mata Hari & have had great meals there. Alternatively try

Au Bon Coin (Phratamnak hill - excellent small family run French restaurant)

Mantra - I'd probably advise dinner. Real mix of cuisines from open kitchens.

Manhattan Steakhouse - not cheap at all, but the steaks I have there are as good as Shula's or Smith & Wollensky in NY.

Infiniti at the Sheraton. Amazing sunsets during Happy Hour & modern international cuisine with Italian influence.

Silverlake Winery & Grill. Again modern international with italian.

And now I'm hungry.

Did Au Bon Coin used to be on Soi 2 or somewhere in Pattaya?

as others have said very pricey and in different class to cherries in my opinion.

was by a long way the most expensive food i had in Thailand. about £30 for a relatively small steak(but was still the biggest on the menu!). quality was spot on tho and think i annoyed the chef asking for some tomato sauce for my chips.

personally i would go to cherries but if money is no object by all means head there!

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

as others have said very pricey and in different class to cherries in my opinion.

was by a long way the most expensive food i had in Thailand. about £30 for a relatively small steak(but was still the biggest on the menu!). quality was spot on tho and think i annoyed the chef asking for some tomato sauce for my chips.

personally i would go to cherries but if money is no object by all means head there!

I don't see the price that much greater. Well, so long as you don't DRINK lots. His wine is much better and higher in price. But the food isn't silly high. If you don't drink or have appetizers and deserts and blow it out you can eat for less than 1000 baht easily. That would include water and a glass of wine. For that setting and quality of food and service fair game IMO.

Cherries is OK if you just want to EAT. The setting, tables, and service are a giant step down from Mata Hari IMO. And the wine is poor. Plus when you finish there isn't a nice bar for an glass of port or whatever. Just not the same kind of experience. Only advantage Cherries has (well two actually) is in town so easier to get to for us non-drivers and cheaper.

Alois or Brunos on Thaphraya Rd. hard to beat IMO