IGNORED

Thai Customer Service.

Hey All,

Here's my experience with a company doing business as thailand-translator.com. Is this irritating experience common with thai customer service?

1. I sign-up to send translated sms, and recieve translated replies. This is expensive. It works as advertised, though.

2.I then see they have a new service (one-month free trial), where I can send and recieve translated emails. Much better deal. Was excited to try. So I sign-up.

3. Immediately recieve receipt from Paypal. What I didn't recieve was a username/password to log-in. I email them the next day. Goy, the thai wife/owner, tells me that I screwed up the sign-up process. She sends me a username/password.

4. I log-in, and send a message. It says "message sent."

5. Bar girl never gets the email. I email Goy. She says that I didn't choose who to send the email to in the first drop-down menu. I reply to her. The drop-down menus are all either blank, or filled with "empty" or "123456". I send Goy a screenshot of their menu page. I also include the email address of the bar girl. I figure she can manually correct the problem. Case closed. :Think1:

6.I wait for the reply. Goy tells me that I filled out the info form wrong, and I'm the one who input the gibberish into the drop-menu fields.. I reply that I've never seen the info form, and I would like to fill in the info and get started.

7.Goy tells me that I'm on a trial account. If I want access to the info form, all I have to do is pay for a full month's service, and then she'd be glad to let me correct my mistake.

This woman has blamed every mistake on me. :02: I was willing to pay month after month for the service, but now that I've recieved such stellar customer service, I guess I'm going to cancel. I don't want to. I want the service. :GoldenSmile1: Goy thinks that she's smartly getting some money now. The service is $39 and change/month. What she's actually saying is "Please Mr. Steve, I don't want your 10,000 baht/year. Please cancel.

:SoWhat1::Think1:

I am amazed,

Steve

Hey All,

Here's my experience with a company doing business as thailand-translator.com. Is this irritating experience common with thai customer service?

1. I sign-up to send translated sms, and recieve translated replies. This is expensive. It works as advertised, though.

2.I then see they have a new service (one-month free trial), where I can send and recieve translated emails. Much better deal. Was excited to try. So I sign-up.

3. Immediately recieve receipt from Paypal. What I didn't recieve was a username/password to log-in. I email them the next day. Goy, the thai wife/owner, tells me that I screwed up the sign-up process. She sends me a username/password.

4. I log-in, and send a message. It says "message sent."

5. Bar girl never gets the email. I email Goy. She says that I didn't choose who to send the email to in the first drop-down menu. I reply to her. The drop-down menus are all either blank, or filled with "empty" or "123456". I send Goy a screenshot of their menu page. I also include the email address of the bar girl. I figure she can manually correct the problem. Case closed. :Think1:

6.I wait for the reply. Goy tells me that I filled out the info form wrong, and I'm the one who input the gibberish into the drop-menu fields.. I reply that I've never seen the info form, and I would like to fill in the info and get started.

7.Goy tells me that I'm on a trial account. If I want access to the info form, all I have to do is pay for a full month's service, and then she'd be glad to let me correct my mistake.

This woman has blamed every mistake on me. :02: I was willing to pay month after month for the service, but now that I've recieved such stellar customer service, I guess I'm going to cancel. I don't want to. I want the service. :GoldenSmile1: Goy thinks that she's smartly getting some money now. The service is $39 and change/month. What she's actually saying is "Please Mr. Steve, I don't want your 10,000 baht/year. Please cancel.

:SoWhat1::Think1:

I am amazed,

Steve

Really you forgot that T I T , the land of NO customer service.

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

Why are you so surprised ?

This is typical Thailand.

But what a contradiction in terms, THAI CUSTOMER SERVICE.

This is the same mentality of Australian banks when you try to get something done on the phone.

They'll have you talking with a machine, then electronically run you around every department for over an hour, whilst playing you a recorded massage of how good their customer service is.

I come to LOS to get away from all this bullshit and never, ever have any expectations whatsoever about receiving customer service in Thailand.

You should adopt the same attitude and be tolerant of things you cannot change.

Completely normal procedure in Thailand . I'm trying to deal with it for a few years already and just gave up .

Customer service is NOT existing here .

It's the same with everything you buy , '1 year warranty' , '2 year warranty' , 'you can change' , no 'ploblem' ....... NOT .

A little example ,

bought a golden bracelet for the GF bithday . Asked the shop (Central festival) if i could change it if it didn't fit , 'yes sir no problem' .

Next day , bracelet to smal so back to shop . GF finds a another bracelet that fits for the same price .

'Ok , that's 1600 Baht for change sir' .... ??

'Why ? Yesterday is asked if i can change' .

'Can change but have to pay 1600 Baht for change sir' .

First i thought it was a joke or a little scam from the employee but after i lost my temper a bit , she calls the big boss in Bangkok and he

tells me the same storie , it's shop policy .

After 30 minutes of bulshit stories he comes up with the 'fact' that the price of gold has gone up this morning ...... shore and the price

of the golden bracelet i just brought back hasn't gone up ?? 'No sir you not understand is not same' .

As we where going nowhere i offered him to pay 800Baht and get the hell out of his shithole shop and promised to never come back .

Deal !!

During the 40 minutes this soap was going on at least 7 or 8 people entered the shop who i just told to find another shop because this

one is a scam .

Ok one more ,

bought a computer in Power buy and took the 3 year 1500 Baht extented warranty .

After 3 weeks big problem , computer is completely dead .

Back to Power buy and the answer is 'sir you better go Tukcom , they repair quick and cheap' .

'Yes i know but i have 3 year extented warranty including insurance ect'

'Yes sir but when we have to send computer , it will take 3 months and they make for free but you have to pay 2000 Baht for send there' ??

Just took the computer without saying anything and got it fixed the same day in Tukcom for 300 Baht ....... needless to say Power buy is of the list as well .

Wait , there's one shop i was impressed by , service wise .

Num Chai electronics on Sukhumvit road .

Brand new TV broke down after 1 week . My wife rings them , no discussion , in less than an hour car before the door with new TV , i was almost shocked .

LOL classic stuff got to love the little scammers....however I find the thai eateries very reliable, I order food and I get food....no problem