Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

weekly/monthly rental..BTS/MRT under 15000

crumbs

Hello BMs

I'm looking for a room can be hotel/apartment/condo in central Bangkok for 4-5 weeks starting in the middle of April. My specific requirements are:

• No more than 300-400 meters from MRT/BTS
  • Relatively central, not further than Ekkaimai and up to Huai Khwang
  • Clean and secure, no cockroaches, rats, etc. Clean bathroom, walls, sheets..
  • Modern furnishings preferred
  • 15000/month baht all in, including electric, internet, etc
  • Deposit (if any) returned with no hassle
  • GF friendly

I've researched and found a few places that meet my criteria, but I'd like to hear from people who actually stayed there or know someone who stayed there. I'm trying to avoid getting ripped off on deposit, padded electric bills, hidden charges and things like that.

Constructive recommendations only please (that means if you think my price is too low or requirements too outrageous, keep it to yourself)

Thank you!

Edited by crumbs

Many places advertise '5 minutes' from the BTS but 99% are pathological liars. Bangkok is HUGE especially compared to Pattaya so near takes on a new meaning. :LOL2:

I stayed at a couple of places LT last year:

http://www.aiyaresidence.com/index.php/reservation/aiya-long-stay

Stayed here for 6 weeks after my CELTA in March. It's on the end of the Silom Line but only 10 minutes to Asoke or Nana BTS station. Literally a 5 minute walk to the BTS & there is everything you need right next to the hotel (ATMs, 711, restaurants etc) & the pool is amazing.

http://www.housebythepond.com/

Very nice, if a bit worn, rooms & picturesque surroundings but wayyyyyy down Suk Soi 22 although only a 20B motorcycle ride to Suk Rd. The rooftop pool is shit & not too much in the surrounding area but some cheapish bars halfway down the road. I got room FB1, a 1BR with it's own garden, for 15k per month excluding utilities so you can tell them 'your friend' got a discount last year. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

Thank you, El Cata! Good links. I may try house by the pond if I don't fund nothing closer to BTS.

Last time I walked into a place that was literally 2 minutes away from Chong Nonsi, forgot the name tho

• 4 weeks later...

What was the internet like at Aiya residence? Fast? Reliable? What kind of speeds were you getting? And what was the story with the deposit?