IGNORED

Don't forget the getting married bit..........

Edge

Lifted from Thaivisa :-

We have received this message from The Hon Consul at the Royal Thai Consulate Hull.

Dear News Editor

I would be obliged if you would post the following message from the Royal Thai Consulate, Hull UK regarding the Expat Forum Topic "Non Imm Visa When You Have Thai Child":-

"Message from the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull (UK).

Please note that it is no longer possible to obtain a non immigrant visa from the Royal Thai Embassy or from any of the Royal Thai Consulates in the UK on the basis that you are the father of a child living in Thailand even if you possess the child's birth certificate which shows you as the father. To be eligible to apply for this type of visa you must also be married to the mother of the child and have an official marriage certificate."

Can you also please inform your readers that they must never post their passport from Thailand to any other country for any reason because there will not be any evidence in their passport to show that they exited Thailand.

Thank you and kind regards

Alan P Taylor

Hon Consul

Royal Thai Consulate

4 Priory Court

Saxon Way

Hessle

HULL

HU13 9PB

There's seems to be a general tightening up that started about 12 months back. Need to be legally married to get the Non-Imm O visa. Used to get the Non-Imm B just by saying I'll be looking for a (teaching) job after I get to Thailand. Now you have to already have a job and documents to back that up.

But we all know that the reality is Thailand wants most of all for the tourists to come for 1-2 weeks, spend a shitload of dosh, and then fuck off back where they came from. They also have a penchant for the wealthy who are investing heavily.

There's seems to be a general tightening up that started about 12 months back. Need to be legally married to get the Non-Imm O visa. Used to get the Non-Imm B just by saying I'll be looking for a (teaching) job after I get to Thailand. Now you have to already have a job and documents to back that up.

But we all know that the reality is Thailand wants most of all for the tourists to come for 1-2 weeks, spend a shitload of dosh, and then fuck off back where they came from. They also have a penchant for the wealthy who are investing heavily.

You're right about their preference, but I'd say most (all?) of the tightening up has been directed at duckers and divers who either can't or don't want to get the correct Visa for their situation. I think the authorities consider that either they might be working, or, at best, that they ain't likely to have enough "dosh".

For those who qualify for long stay Visas, nothing much (if anything) has changed except the qualifications for the One Year Non O and they aren't new rules, just existing ones being implemented.

Actually, some are surprised that they haven't (yet) raised the 800k requirement :ThankGod1: in the light of the exchange rates which seem to be here to stay.

Although this announcement is about Non O Visas, I believe the Extension of Stay option still includes the need to support a child/children/dependant?

I don't know how that works because I don't have any, but it certainly was the case. I imagine it would be a bit of a rigmarole.

There's seems to be a general tightening up that started about 12 years back.

Corrected. Visa rules - and enforcement - have been tightening up each year for as long as I can remember.

Heck, only a few years ago you could get a credit card that would let you stay in Thailand and leave and reenter as much as you wanted. (very expensive membership fee, though) But still, it used to be very easy to stay indefinitely in Thailand. Today, it is still possible but the few remaining doors are slowly closing.

Corrected. Visa rules - and enforcement - have been tightening up each year for as long as I can remember.

Heck, only a few years ago you could get a credit card that would let you stay in Thailand and leave and reenter as much as you wanted. (very expensive membership fee, though) But still, it used to be very easy to stay indefinitely in Thailand. Today, it is still possible but the few remaining doors are slowly closing.

Yes, there has been a general tightening up slowly over many years, decades even, but there was a noticeable jump about 12 months ago, on this and other forums there were reports coming in from guys who suddenly weren't getting the non-imm multi-entry visas any longer. It seems word was sent out to consulates/embassies to start enforcing stricter regulations, whether or not these were already existing regulations doesn't matter, the point is around about a year ago the non-imm O visas became so much harder to obtain.

Yes, there has been a general tightening up slowly over many years, decades even, but there was a noticeable jump about 12 months ago, on this and other forums there were reports coming in from guys who suddenly weren't getting the non-imm multi-entry visas any longer. It seems word was sent out to consulates/embassies to start enforcing stricter regulations, whether or not these were already existing regulations doesn't matter, the point is around about a year ago the non-imm O visas became so much harder to obtain.

Thai embassies seem to operate similarly to Thai bars: some seem to get away with whatever they want, whereas others are strict as hell. The powers that be at the top are finally making the rules uniform and making all embassies fall in line.

On my last trip, the embassy where I got my visa was also enforcing 'plane ticket out of Thailand' rule to get my visa.

On my last trip, the embassy where I got my visa was also enforcing 'plane ticket out of Thailand' rule to get my visa.

Drifting off, it isn't just Thailand. A guy was refused boarding to CRK Philippines last week until he produced an outward ticket (out of PI) as well.

That's pretty rough!!!!

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The regulations were not new. They were just told to enforce the regulations that were already in place. Some consulates where ignoring them.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The regulations were not new. They were just told to enforce the regulations that were already in place. Some consulates where ignoring them.

"whether or not these were already existing regulations doesn't matter..."

Drifting off, it isn't just Thailand. A guy was refused boarding to CRK Philippines last week until he produced an outward ticket (out of PI) as well.

Do you know this guy Edge? I ask because sometimes you hear of these things happening when the guy looks like a penniless bum, dressed like shit and smelling of last night's piss. IMO it pays to present yourself well when traveling.

Do you know this guy Edge? I ask because sometimes you hear of these things happening when the guy looks like a penniless bum, dressed like shit and smelling of last night's piss. IMO it pays to present yourself well when traveling.

He was an American "bum" LOL.

He was trying to check in directly in front of me and was refused (EAsia/Tiger).

We were pretty close to time so I didn't think I'd see him again, but he turned up in Burger King with a big grin and showed me the Ticket Hold(?) he got by getting on the internet and booking it. He said he would just cancel it later but it got him on the flight. The fecker even managed to grab a row of 3 seats at the back all to himself too.

I could make these things up.........but usually I don't. :GoldenSmile1:

He was an American "bum" LOL.

He was trying to check in directly in front of me and was refused (EAsia/Tiger).

We were pretty close to time so I didn't think I'd see him again, but he turned up in Burger King with a big grin and showed me the Ticket Hold(?) he got by getting on the internet and booking it. He said he would just cancel it later but it got him on the flight. The fecker even managed to grab a row of 3 seats at the back all to himself too.

I could make these things up.........but usually I don't. :GoldenSmile1:

Once years ago I flew down to Perth for Xmas with my folks and 2 weeks later I'm checking in at Perth airport for my return flight back to BKK and this bitch behind the counter says "Where's your return ticket?" I say "This is my return ticket, I'm returning to Thailand." She says "No we can't allow you on the flight to Thailand unless you have a ticket back to Australia, that's the regulation."

It took a lot of explaining to her that I LIVED in Thailand not Australia. Fortunately I had a 1-year visa through my teaching job, so I finally convinced the bitch and she let me through.

Once years ago I flew down to Perth for Xmas with my folks and 2 weeks later I'm checking in at Perth airport for my return flight back to BKK and this bitch behind the counter says "Where's your return ticket?" I say "This is my return ticket, I'm returning to Thailand." She says "No we can't allow you on the flight to Thailand unless you have a ticket back to Australia, that's the regulation."

It took a lot of explaining to her that I LIVED in Thailand not Australia. Fortunately I had a 1-year visa through my teaching job, so I finally convinced the bitch and she let me through.

He was going into PI with no Visa, so he had to show a ticket out of there within the waiver period.

He didn't have to return to Thailand as long as the ticket was out of PI.

He was going into PI with no Visa, so he had to show a ticket out of there within the waiver period.

He didn't have to return to Thailand as long as the ticket was out of PI.

If these regulations keep coming in or getting enforced then it puts an end to the "globe trotting" era. When I first started traveling in the 1970s I never had a clue where I'd go next, just meet some people and hear what they have to tell be about such & such a country or island and off I'd go, then on to the next place. Travel was very flexible back then.

If these regulations keep coming in or getting enforced then it puts an end to the "globe trotting" era. When I first started traveling in the 1970s I never had a clue where I'd go next, just meet some people and hear what they have to tell be about such & such a country or island and off I'd go, then on to the next place. Travel was very flexible back then.

I presume in this case it's the airline protecting itself against the passenger being refused entry and having to fund his return to LoS, though I don't see how he would be allowed back in anyway.

These rules are being enforced for Visas from Cambodia & Laos too I understand, but in the case of entry by Visa Waiver, doesn't it seem strange that they aren't (or can't be) applied for land crossings.

AFAIK you could still do what you did by land, but maybe they'll think how to change that too.

Yes, a lot of countries have these rules. Personally, when I travel for fun where denial of visa is not a huge deal for me since I can go somewhere else, I've always made fake iteniaries showing my fake return flight. No embassy has ever checked any of this info and I always got the visas.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump as I'm here.