Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

iphone 4s query

Guiness

hi, all

i need a little advice re:my new iphone 4s. i want to get it unlocked from o2 . can this be done easily ?

if so will they do it in tukcom ?

cost ?

will it be a success, i mean when i link to itunes will it automatically relock to o2 ?

finally, will it work successfully when i return to ireland ?

thanks everyone. :hello09: :hello09:

hi, all

i need a little advice re:my new iphone 4s. i want to get it unlocked from o2 . can this be done easily ?

if so will they do it in tukcom ?

cost ?

will it be a success, i mean when i link to itunes will it automatically relock to o2 ?

finally, will it work successfully when i return to ireland ?

thanks everyone. :hello09: :hello09:

Tuk com will unlock for for 500-600 baht, and it will work, though unsure on being able to download from itunes

Tuk com will unlock for for 500-600 baht, and it will work, though unsure on being able to download from itunes

thanks ph lodge,

do they need the unlock code from O2 ? also does it relock when synced with itunes ?????

thanks

thanks ph lodge,

do they need the unlock code from O2 ? also does it relock when synced with itunes ?????

thanks

i have never done it, but i do not think you will be able to sync with itunes, they have the ways of unlocking, also known a jaibreaking.

I would suggest googling 4s jailbreak and see sites and what people say.

i have never done it, but i do not think you will be able to sync with itunes, they have the ways of unlocking, also known a jaibreaking.

I would suggest googling 4s jailbreak and see sites and what people say.

jailbreaking is another animal altogether . as i understand it unlocking unlocks the phone from the grasp of the provider (o2.vodafone,three,happy etc)

however jailbreaking seems to mean breaking the apple system in order to download costly games/music/apps for free.

i think !!

jailbreaking is another animal altogether . as i understand it unlocking unlocks the phone from the grasp of the provider (o2.vodafone,three,happy etc)

however jailbreaking seems to mean breaking the apple system in order to download costly games/music/apps for free.

i think !!

you could be right, but i am pretty sure same term is used which is to unlock it from the network.ie change the firmware.

check out this link http://www.unlockiphone4help.com/

you could be right, but i am pretty sure same term is used which is to unlock it from the network.ie change the firmware.

check out this link http://www.unlockiphone4help.com/

thanks PH , i will check this out !!

your the man!!!

Try this link. It will jailbreak your phone easily and Ive done 4 times already. No need to pay anyone.

www.iclarified.com/jailbreak

Before you Jailbreak it go to Itunes and update it with the latest software. This will also backup your apps, phone numbers, etc.

Follow the tutorial on the website at iclarified. It walks you thru step by step. You will basically download software onto your PC or Mac, then once its downloaded you will connect your phone to the computer and it starts updating and jailbreaking. Takes about 10 minutes total.

Once it is jailbroken you use the app on your phone called "Cydia" to download apps similar to itunes app store. Once jailbroken you can NOT hook back up to itunes as it will recognize its jailbroken and revert back to original configuration and Un-Jailbreak the phone. When Apple has updates to the Operating system you are unable to do so unless you hook up to Apple itunes. No big deal as if you do you can always go back to iclarified.com and unjailbreak it back.

With a jailbroken phone you can still download apps from "app store" icon on your iphone but NOT itunes via computer. You can also download really cool apps from Cydia. Many are free.

Once jailbroken you can use just about any carrier you wish. They take a regular sized SIM card and cut it down to the micro-size used in iphones. Once I arrive in Thailand I just buy a Micro-SIM card and pop it in and it works just fine.

TUKCOM in Pattaya can handle all this for a small fee if u r unsure of how to do it. They can also take regular sized SIM cards and chop them down to fit the Iphone.

Edited by SlickMonkey

Try this link. It will jailbreak your phone easily and Ive done 4 times already. No need to pay anyone.

www.iclarified.com/jailbreak

Before you Jailbreak it go to Itunes and update it with the latest software. This will also backup your apps, phone numbers, etc.

Follow the tutorial on the website at iclarified. It walks you thru step by step. You will basically download software onto your PC or Mac, then once its downloaded you will connect your phone to the computer and it starts updating and jailbreaking. Takes about 10 minutes total.

Once it is jailbroken you use the app on your phone called "Cydia" to download apps similar to itunes app store. Once jailbroken you can NOT hook back up to itunes as it will recognize its jailbroken and revert back to original configuration and Un-Jailbreak the phone. When Apple has updates to the Operating system you are unable to do so unless you hook up to Apple itunes. No big deal as if you do you can always go back to iclarified.com and unjailbreak it back.

With a jailbroken phone you can still download apps from "app store" icon on your iphone but NOT itunes via computer. You can also download really cool apps from Cydia. Many are free.

Once jailbroken you can use just about any carrier you wish. They take a regular sized SIM card and cut it down to the micro-size used in iphones. Once I arrive in Thailand I just buy a Micro-SIM card and pop it in and it works just fine.

TUKCOM in Pattaya can handle all this for a small fee if u r unsure of how to do it. They can also take regular sized SIM cards and chop them down to fit the Iphone.

wow , thanks slickmonkey, however are you sure that by jailbreaking , it will be unlocked ? i want to unlock this phone in order to sell it ! i need the 500 euro for my next flight !!!

Jailbreaking does not network unlock an iphone. It just allows for non approved Apple App Store Apps to be installed. Jailbreak can assist in network unlocking, if the phone meets certain requirements. Unlocking depends on firmware, modem baseband, and whether or not it was locked to a Telcom provier when purchased. If you provide your exact model number, and modem/firmware versions (located in settings.about) I can tell you whether or not you can get it done localy for cheap, or whether you will have to deal with your cellphone network provider before coming. even simpler, insert an sim card from another network, and if it works, it's already unlocked.

Edited by drummer

Fill this form in.... If you are a contract customer they will do it for free, if you are pay as you go there is a small charge.

No need to faf around jail breaking

https://www.o2.co.uk...nlocking%20Form

+1

O2 are a good bunch when it comes to unlocking iPhones, probably the best network of the lot here in the UK.

However, I believe at the moment they are not unlocking iPhone 4S as it is too "new" or something. Probably worth giving them a call and asking them the latest on their unlocking policy.

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

+1

O2 are a good bunch when it comes to unlocking iPhones, probably the best network of the lot here in the UK.

However, I believe at the moment they are not unlocking iPhone 4S as it is too "new" or something. Probably worth giving them a call and asking them the latest on their unlocking policy.

They have just started unlocking the 4S... I've done it myself.

They have just started unlocking the 4S... I've done it myself.

hi serpentine, did you unlock it yourself or did o2 sort it ? BTW my phone is brand new i.e. i wont be getting it until next week and i feel that o2 will not unlock it for free !

regards

Jailbreaking does not network unlock an iphone. It just allows for non approved Apple App Store Apps to be installed. Jailbreak can assist in network unlocking, if the phone meets certain requirements. Unlocking depends on firmware, modem baseband, and whether or not it was locked to a Telcom provier when purchased. If you provide your exact model number, and modem/firmware versions (located in settings.about) I can tell you whether or not you can get it done localy for cheap, or whether you will have to deal with your cellphone network provider before coming. even simpler, insert an sim card from another network, and if it works, it's already unlocked.

hi drummer, i will send you a pm once i receive the phone, i expect it next week !

hi serpentine, did you unlock it yourself or did o2 sort it ? BTW my phone is brand new i.e. i wont be getting it until next week and i feel that o2 will not unlock it for free !

regards

You fill in the form and they send you a text when it has been unlocked (takes up to 14 days) mine was brand new... If your on contract it is free.

Fill this form in.... If you are a contract customer they will do it for free, if you are pay as you go there is a small charge.

No need to faf around jail breaking

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

+1 on that advice. Don't mess around with jailbreaking, you will just regret it.