IGNORED

Extending a Tourist Visa

Norwich

Hi, a question about extending my '3' entry tourist visa, which I got in UK before coming here. I got the '3' entry as I wasn't sure how long I wanted to stay.

I first entered Thailand on the first entry of the 60 day tourist visa in December allowing me to stay until 18th February. I will return to UK on 22nd April.

I really need to be in Pattaya between 15th - 19th February, so would I be right in saying I have the following choices......

1) Do the border run before 15th Feb to give me 60 days and then do another border run about 15th April?

2) Extend my visa by 30 days before 18th Feb at Jomtien then do a border run before 18th March giving me another 60 days ?

3) Do the border run before 15th Feb to give me 60 days and then about 15th April extend by 30 days ?

Obviously I want to keep my border runs and costs to a minimum, I know how much border runs costs, but not sure on Immigration costs.

If possible I would prefer to go for number 2.

Any thoughts you have or alternatives would be appreciated as would details of immigtarion costs for extensions.

Thanks

Edited by Norwich

cost to extend visa for a max 30days at jomtien soi 5 1900bt,visa runs can cost from 1700 to 2500 depends who you book with,you need to make sure you do your last visa run before it expires which is 6 months from date of issue, not from when you arrived in thailand.after you,ve done that you can extend for a further 30days at immigration,just watch your dates with visa runs and extensions.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

a question about extending my Multiple entry tourist visa...

There is no such visa! :wacko:

What do you read exactly on your visa?

there's no multiple entry tourist visa either single double or triple entry visa .

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

there's no multiple entry tourist visa either single double or triple entry visa .

I read it that he has a Double (or Triple ?) Entry Tourist Visa, not the One Year Multiple Entry Non 'O' you may be thinking of.

I think he's using the word multiple in its general sense (more than one) and not "Multiple" as in the name of the Visa.

The OP's stated choices are correct I believe and # 2 should not be a problem.

The cost of any Extension at Jomtien is 1900 Baht.

On my visa it says "Tourist Visa" Category "TR"

If you are referring to the amount of entries I have, it is 3, sorry I didn't make that clear to all in the first post.

I used the word multiple as a loose term meaning more than one entry, which I assumed most BM's would be familiar with and understand.

Apologies if you didn't understand that, I will now proceed to edit the original post to suit.

Thanks

I read it that he has a Double (or Triple ?) Entry Tourist Visa, not the One Year Multiple Entry Non 'O' you may be thinking of.

I think he's using the word multiple in its general sense (more than one) and not "Multiple" as in the name of the Visa.

The OP's stated choices are correct I believe and # 2 should not be a problem.

The cost of any Extension at Jomtien is 1900 Baht.

Yes Edge, you are correct, that is exactly what I meant. Thank you for you input and apologies to anyone that I confused with my wording.

Norwich

Of topic, noticed your board name any connection with the Norfolk city

Norwich

Of topic, noticed your board name any connection with the Norfolk city

Yes MCH, my hometown mate.

Norwich

Asked about your board name as my wife (Thai) & I lived in Martham quite near Norwich for quite a few years before moving to Thailand. Have a great time in this amazing country

I don't think you can do another borderrun on the same visa after an extension .

Not shore about this but better to ask it at Jomtien office before you apply for an extension .

I don't think you can do another borderrun on the same visa after an extension .

Not shore about this but better to ask it at Jomtien office before you apply for an extension .

You're right, but I thought he meant another border run to activate the next part of the Visa.

Last I heard, those now hard-to-get Triple Entry TVs could be used for (60+30)+(60+30)+(60+30) = 270 days.

Do you mean you think that has changed?

You're right, but I thought he meant another border run to activate the next part of the Visa.

Last I heard, those now hard-to-get Triple Entry TVs could be used for (60+30)+(60+30)+(60+30) = 270 days.

Do you mean you think that has changed?

I'm not really familiar with the triple entry TV's as they're impossible to get in Holland . I only read somewhere you can't

make another visarun on the same visa after an extension .

I probably mixed up another sort of visa with the triple entry tourist one . That's why i said i'm not shore and better to ask

at Jomtien office before applying for an extension .

I'm shore you're right Mick and it's still the 60+30 day rule .

I'm not really familiar with the triple entry TV's as they're impossible to get in Holland . I only read somewhere you can't

make another visarun on the same visa after an extension .

I probably mixed up another sort of visa with the triple entry tourist one . That's why i said i'm not shore and better to ask

at Jomtien office before applying for an extension .

I'm shore you're right Mick and it's still the 60+30 day rule .

I think we're both right LOL.

Once you've extended a TV, there are no further options, but with Double & Triple Entry Visas each stage is effectively a new Visa and a new Visa stamp in your Passport, which can itself then be extended.

Notes :-

1.Border runs must always be made with a couple of days to spare because if something goes wrong and you're late the whole DE or TE Visa will be dead.

2. You can apply for the 30 day Extension at any point during the 60 days - you don't have to wait until the last minute.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the exact visa you have had probably from the same place - hull

Triple entry tourist visa.

It gives you 60 days - then you extent at jomtien immigration for 30 days - this gives 90 days.

Then you do a border run and it all starts again.

So yes you get 270 days - as I have done.

You MUST make sure your last border run is on or before the visa exemption (6 months from the start)

:)

I have had the exact visa you have had probably from the same place - hull

Triple entry tourist visa.

It gives you 60 days - then you extent at jomtien immigration for 30 days - this gives 90 days.

Then you do a border run and it all starts again.

So yes you get 270 days - as I have done.

You MUST make sure your last border run is on or before the visa exemption (6 months from the start)

:)

This is a bit off topic too but I'm just curious that I see on this forum so many references to Hull. Is the Royal Thai Embassy in Hull, not in London? (usually they're in the capitals) Are there not other Thai consulates in England? I've often wondered about this.

Royal Thai Embassy is in London, Hull was the first Royal Thai Consulate opened in 1922, the cities of Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow, Liverpool, Dublin all have Thai Consulates