Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

QANTAS cheap flights

rooster33

Just received an email today to let me know of some special global prices on offer.

The one that caught my eye was Sydney to Bangkok return for AU$799.

You little ripper more trips to be planned

Thai are doing Perth to bkk $760.00 return as well.

Sure beats the $1240.00 i paid at xmas.

And they have dropped a weekly flight out of Perth,must be hard times,poor bastards.

Edited by aussiekiwi

I believe the fares are on sale until 8 February

Bangkok for departures from 25 April to 26 June, 25 July to 18 September and 10 October to 13 November 2012

Damn I deleted it without reading it!

I wonder if it allows you to change the date of your flight after booking.

I always try and squeeze another few days from my trip once my roster is known. Februarys trip is getting another 3 maybe 4 days.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

If you pick the right days and don’t mind flying at night you can get much better deals..

This is Tiger from 26th March to 3rd April

Sale Fare (PER - BKK) 1 Adult @ AUD 142.23 AUD 142.23 Taxes/fees AUD 80.47 Sale Fare (BKK - PER) 1 Adult @ AUD 179.62 AUD 179.62 Taxes/fees AUD 48.61 Other taxes/fees Spoilage fees (w/Tax) AUD 0.00 Upgrades (w/Tax) AUD 0.00 Convenience fees AUD 0.00 Seat fees AUD 0.00 Total price AUD 450.93

You can get better rates from Jetstar and your luggage is “Transit” through Singapore....

Of Course if you don’t mind paying the extra $300 you can get the direct option.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

It's from MEL-SYD-BKK for $830. Thai is $850 direct from MEL.

i booked my flights early november 24th march 13th april

with sta travel ex syd

$795 + credit card fee about $815 with thai..

$810 with emirates

just prefered the flight times with thai better

i believe their is very strong competion with air asia

starting syd to bangkok

Hard to get excited about booking a ticket with Qantas. Always seem to be in the media for the wrong reasons

I fly from wither Gold Coast or Brisbane, I have a few choices but the only direct option is Thai Airways to BKK and at the moment its $826 which is good value. Otherwise I can do the KL stop over and go with Air Asia, as long as I hand carry on and not select the 'extras' its generally about $650-700 to BKK

Why would you fly Qantas to start with.

BNE to BKK direct $860 TG474

Edited by Deuces

Posted Image

Cant beat the Jetstar flight i grabbed last Oct (for Feb 12)....MEL-BKK return $460...$20 booking fee...Total: $480!!!! Fuckin laughing! :Dance1:

sounds a good deal, but it was gonna cost me too much to get to australia from the uk so i couldnt cash in on the offer.

the last few years, cork ireland, to bangkok, via heathrow, normally around 850 euro, good deal, now over 1000 euro,

Fucking Qantas. I know Jetstar is a subsidiary but it is just fine by me. Good depart times from Melb 2pm to get in at 9pm and return flight departs 9pm to get in 10am. Now they have Ipads for movies which I had on Mel-Sing 23/1 which was brilliant.

The exit row seats along 44 are brilliant for the extra $50, well worth it especially on the return leg.

Meals are ok.

Can web check in to miss the queue in melbourne, and never seem to be anyone much at checkin at BKK.

Meantime Thai airways uses old planes, no entertainment, hard seats, flights and both checkings chock a block with people, food quality getting ordinary and fight depart times 3pm/12 midnight 8am/12 midnight - are a pain in the arse.

Can get Jetstar for $369 up $329 back so I'm not fucking around with QANTAS. Air Asia prices have gotten stupid.

p.s Royal Brunei have fixed up their BKK connections to about an hour. And they have very good specials on now. Only shit thing is the return flight departing BKK at 6am (no big deal, just party all night then get taxi)

Edited by LRanger

Why would you fly Qantas to start with.

BNE to BKK direct $860 TG474

I don't see that. I paid $1020 3 mths ago for 25th Apr, and I checked now, for next week, TG 474 $999. Is there a special on somewhere?

I don't see that. I paid $1020 3 mths ago for 25th Apr, and I checked now, for next week, TG 474 $999. Is there a special on somewhere?

Check Royal Brunei, I think they fly from Brisbane and some good deals were on <$800 with bags and full service.

Hadn't thought of them, but their site only offers Melbourne. But thanks. My deals are already done, but I thought I might be missing a cheaper way to book Thai.

Hadn't thought of them, but their site only offers Melbourne. But thanks. My deals are already done, but I thought I might be missing a cheaper way to book Thai.

I think Brunei have dropped Brisbane but will be flying from Melb daily in March so that could mean cheaper fares, although in the past their connections have been poor.

Really, outside of peak/holiday periods you don't need to be paying more than $800 for a full service airline and as cheap as $500 (or even less) for the budget carriers.

I haven't flown QF for years and prefer Singapore (don't mind the stopover) but flying MH in March for $600.

I have also flown Air Asia quite a few times for between $400 - $600, although the stop over can be a bit of a drag.

Edited by The Big Lebowski

Yea all comes down to whats more valuable, I live in central Queensland so its costs me $1500 from my door to my condo an takes 16 hours. So doesn't matter what Thai Air costs its the only flight I take since my time and dates are more important to me then my money. I will never fly qantas again horrible horrible cabin staff.

Posted Image

Check Royal Brunei, I think they fly from Brisbane and some good deals were on <$800 with bags and full service.

Royal Brunei stopped flights from Brisbane a few months back. Now out of Melbourne instead