IGNORED

Oman Air/Muscat Airport

bobbybgood

Using Oman Air for the first time in April flying from JED to BKK via Muscat, has anybody used this airline before, any views on the airline and airport?

Using Oman Air for the first time in April flying from JED to BKK via Muscat, has anybody used this airline before, any views on the airline and airport?

I used this airline in December (Business) was good, AIrport some shops and restaurants ok for staying a couple hours.

I used them 18 months ago. The planes were all new. Very good in flight entertainment system, food was good and the staff were ok( seemed that alot were new and still learning). Muscat airport, Not the biggest airport in the world, ok for a short layover but anything over 4 hours and it will become extremly tedious. Once through customs you will find a WHSmiths ???? past that you have 2 duty free shops, 2 smoke rooms and a few places to get food. Beyond that not alot, aalso when you land expect to get on and board the plane you will use a transfer bus. That was my experience in sept 2010

Be well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

• 2 years later...

In Jeddah? You poor bugger!

Don't worry, ANY airport you land at after leaving the one in Jeddah seems good!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

am in the sinbad ff program , muscat is a really small airport , just big enough to not get bored but not so big as to wear you out 1 gate to the next . 

decent in flight entertainment . food ok . 

not the best , not the worst . 

i use it because good dept /arrival times with uk flights.

I flew Oman Air to BKK last Feb. I thought the airline was pretty good, in flight entertainment was better than average, food and drinks were pretty good too.  Like others have said the current terminal is small but I did see a bigger new one getting built. Also free wifi throughout terminal. One problem was currency - do you really want to change money into Omani pounds and then back again for a short lay over.

Archived