Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A Real Golf Bar

Big Koala

Imagine a real golf bar.

there isn't one in Patts.

It has:

a Bar of course.

a Theme with posters etc.

Golf Channel on big screen 24/7

Golf videos events/instruction on other big screen

a Hitting/Practice facility, maybe a launch monitor.

video your swing and analyze on computer.

Club repair and fitting.

Clubs for sale and hire.

might even have some pretty girls.

are there enough serious/crazy golfers around to make a bar like this feasible/profitable?

are you one of them?

I would agree with you a ton that this would be a great place to play out of, hell just to come and hang out. There are the devices that offer what you are mentioning, but how they would hold up, that is adifferent story. Good idea though!

" Lead, follow, or get the hell out of my way!!"

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like fun. But I see some problems with it.

First, the novelty of it will wear off and if the bar and food are not good enough you won't stay there so the investment in that gear won't pay for itself. Second, I can just imagine a hitting net with a bunch of drunks hanging around it. Good thing it's hard to sue someone cause there will be injuries.

But heck, open up a bar like that and I'll check it out. Maybe it will be a great success.

• 1 month later...

Agree great idea

• 2 months later...

Imagine a real golf bar.

there isn't one in Patts.

It has:

a Bar of course.

a Theme with posters etc.

Golf Channel on big screen 24/7

Golf videos events/instruction on other big screen

a Hitting/Practice facility, maybe a launch monitor.

video your swing and analyze on computer.

Club repair and fitting.

Clubs for sale and hire.

might even have some pretty girls.

are there enough serious/crazy golfers around to make a bar like this feasible/profitable?

are you one of them?

I know it's not exactly what your looking for but "The Golf Club" on Soi L.K. Metro has everything you listed with the exception of a practice area/launch monitor. But if you want that, the next time your out at Green Valley G.C. check out the restaurant owned by "John Ryves" and his brother, they have 2 sets of launch monitors and John is a PGA teaching pro..

Aloha..

Kalani

then check out you can get that

If can, can.. If no can, no can..

• 3 weeks later...

Been thinking about this for a while. Im playing a lot of golf out of Lewinskiis. Good set up, Colin runs the golf tours very well. Played with Caddy Shack, Outback and Golf club too. But like you said, none of them are really golf themed. You would need a large bar if you were to put in a practice area too. In most bars this alone would take up all the space. If you had a place off the beaten track you could have the floor space, but would struggle to get enough people in.

Hi,

Would agree with the comments about Lewiinski's, they play go;f 4 times a week ,have clubs for hire ,can have clubs repaired or re-gripped, you rent a locker for your clubs to save carrying them to & fro. Colin organises the golf & has transport if needed.

The restaurant is first class & is open all day . Large TV's showing golf & other sports.

Sunday night is a must for anyone interested in golf.

Nos mo King

I know it's not exactly what your looking for but "The Golf Club" on Soi L.K. Metro has everything you listed with the exception of a practice area/launch monitor. But if you want that, the next time your out at Green Valley G.C. check out the restaurant owned by "John Ryves" and his brother, they have 2 sets of launch monitors and John is a PGA teaching pro..

Met John in February...nice guy....will catch up next trip and get a lesson from him.

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds interesting and I would THINK it would be a hit ( no pun intended ha) But like I am sure you know..lots of those don't make a lot of money..if any at all. Ive read stories on here of people losing tons of money.

Thailand December 2012- May 2013

I also agree, but many other factors at work here.

Yes, would certainly patronize a place like this.

Minor experience in custom building clubs, not enough to do a business though.

I like being able to rent s decent set and not bringing my own, but having a set made there would mean additional luggage to carry home. There are quite a few permanent residents though….