IGNORED

iPhone 4S Pattaya

landmann

If someone plans to buy a new unlocked iPhone 4S in Pattaya please be advised that: the 4S - 16GB version sells for 25.900 THB (official Apple Store 20.900 THB) and the 32 GB version for 28.900 THB (official Apple Store 24.900 THB) This applies for both Tukom and Festival Center (3rd Floor) dealers. I tried to negotiate the rate with its 25% markup - without any success.

Isn't there an official apple store in Tukcom? I don't think they are allowed to mark up the price like that if so.

I think these are pre-Thai release phones from Hong Kong or something..

For the people that just have to get their hands on an iphone 4S today.. and can't wait for the mainstream release in Thailand.

I noted a few boxes had Hong Kong written on them

I think these are pre-Thai release phones from Hong Kong or something..

For the people that just have to get their hands on an iphone 4S today.. and can't wait for the mainstream release in Thailand.

I noted a few boxes had Hong Kong written on them

apple ships from singapore.

its very simple, thai is not an internet society so the majority do not know about ordering direct from apple and stores make money out of ignorance.

http://www.apple.com/th/ - Got mine from here. Cheaper than buying it in Thailand. Apple ships from Singapore or China. (4S came from Singapore). 4S is now available from True, DTAC and AIS... but skip the hassle and order it.

Does it get shipped to a Fed Ex store or something when you order from there?

no they use some kind of courier who brings it to your home or business address(its definately NOT thailand post or fedex)

Thanks PH Lodge, I assume they wouldn't leave it outside the door if you aren't home but TIT so I gotta ask if anyone knows?

Thanks PH Lodge, I assume they wouldn't leave it outside the door if you aren't home but TIT so I gotta ask if anyone knows?

will confirm for sure in a few days, i have a new one coming in the next few days, will ask the name of a courier :)

Over a £100 cheaper to buy the un- locked 64GB phone from the istore in Thailand than the UK store B28,900 V £699, is there a catch?

Over a £100 cheaper to buy the un- locked 64GB phone from the istore in Thailand than the UK store B28,900 V £699, is there a catch?

7% VAT (Thailand) versus 20% VAT (UK), may be the reason.

are these iphones good then?

64gb ssems massive, haha it's probably more than my pc

how much are the smaller versions unlocked?

and can't u claim that 7% back at airport so it's 20% cheaper?

are these iphones good then?

64gb ssems massive.

I have this phone and I'm loading it up with movies for my next holiday (starting next week).

Im going to struggle filling it!

Yes it has a lot of memory.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

• 3 weeks later...

Can I bay ipad2 from Pattaya and on what cost?

UK price is £400 for 16gb without 3G in it?

Will appreciate some information.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

can ask how does one use the Apple store thailand without a Thai credit card?

I live in thailand but only have my UK credit card with me, is there any way i can buy?

can ask how does one use the Apple store thailand without a Thai credit card?

I live in thailand but only have my UK credit card with me, is there any way i can buy?

You can use a UK credit card anywhere in the world if it has a visa or mastercard sign on it. Your UK bank will have a fee probably for foreign purchases (unless you use metro bank)

You can use a UK credit card anywhere in the world if it has a visa or mastercard sign on it. Your UK bank will have a fee probably for foreign purchases (unless you use metro bank)

Yep, i'm aware of this so perhaps i should have been clearer...

can i use a credit card registered to a UK address to have a high value consumer electrical item delivered to an address in thailand.

i know full well amazon, ebay and every major uk website will not allow you to have anything of value delivered to an adress other than that to which the credit card is registered without doinf some very stringent security checks.

• 5 months later...

Hi! Can any one recommend the best unlimited 3G Data plan provider for iPhone 4s and Nokia that will work both in Pattaya and Bangkok. I am a heavy net user so recommendations pls.

Forget health clinics and gyms. Sex is the best cure. One good night of sex and your problems are gone.

I have my plan through True. 560 baht per month. Unlimited 3G and wireless. 300 min of talk time(which i dont use at all) and 300 regular texts. If you are wanting just a pre pay. A friend of mine gets a 30 day at a time unlimited Data plan at the airport when he comes through. I think its Dtac but most carriers should have something similar. I believe it was around 500 baht but dont know for sure.

Hope this helps,

M

He who dies with the best stories wins!

Archived