IGNORED

Hotel choice - need help please (LK/At Mind/Baboona/Citin/Baywalk)

sarox

Hey all,

I'm going to Pattaya in April this year, it's my first time. I have alreay read a lot about this city and now I would like to book a hotel, but I'm not sure which of the below mentioned ones is the best deal.

At this time beeing there is a very nice cash back deal available in my country which reduces hotel prices significantly so I have to hurry up with booking. I filtered the most interessing hotels and set a limit at 1500 THB.

I did some research and think none of the hotels should charge a joiner fee. Maybe you could help me and give me a good advice.

Citin Loft 650 THB

LK Royal Suite 700 THB

Baboona Beachfront Living 850 THB

At Mind Serviced Residence 870 THB

LK Metropole 870 THB

Baywalk Residence 1150 THB

LK Renaissance 1200 THB

LK Empress 1500 THB

Atm I tend to Baywalk... http://www.baywalkresidencepattaya.com/

I don't think you would go wrong with LK Renassuce. I have stayed there many time and found it to be very nice and girl friendly. There is a lot close by. Mega break for playing pool. Beef Eaters for a great steak. LK Metro for entertaimment. Baht busses go by regularly. Get you to any place you would like. Motor bike taxis are just up on the corner. Maybe 50 meters away. Have a good time.

If the room you're looking at in the Royal Suites is one of the basic/standard rooms, I've seen a few negative comments about them. They're in a separate stand-alone wing and not connected to the main hotel, and don't seem to be all that flash for the money.

Conversely, I've stayed in a one-bedroom apartment at the Royal Suites, and aside from starting to look a bit aged and the usual issues with keeping the shower at a reasonable temperature, I really enjoyed my stay there.

Nice pool area, open-air restaurant, prompt room service, though the front-desk staff could learn to smile a bit more.

Upcoming trip I'm trying out a one-bedroom suite at Citin Loft for comparison.

Haven't tried the LK's on Soi Diana yet, but they get good reviews and are close to everything you'd want.

Try tripadvisor.com for some unbiased traveller reviews.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I thought the Baywalk Residence was highly disappointing. I'd cross that from that list. LK Metropole would easily beat that.

As for the others, I haven't stayed so can't comment

I stayed at the Baywalk Residence on my first trip Nov 2010 (was on my own).

Realy nice rooms and staff and 5 mins from Walking Street. hotel is set back 50 yards or so from beech road so no road noise.

No view from the balcony but nice and quiet and cool.

Nice quiet pool on the roof

Guest friendly

Over all i thought it was very good for the money and handy to get back from Walking Street in the early hoiurs

Thanks for your answers, I have just booked one week lk renaissance and one week baywalk in april, I hope this was a wise choice...