IGNORED

Tourist Visa Question from a Newbie

SLEUTH

New to the site and have been reading the stories and info with anticipation and a touch of jealousy. This is my 1st post but I do have a few stories to tell and hopefully many more to follow!

I thought I would start with a question that I have been unable to find any info on:

Been to LOS 3 times and I am seriously living in Thailand for five maybe six months of the year. I have read extensively all the invaluable info on visa runs and visas and I think a multiple entry tourist visa is the way to go! On the Thai website it states a requirement of the application is a letter from a Doctor or Hospital for medical treatment in Thailand.

I have yearly worldwide medical insurance, but was wondering if the medical letter can be obtained easily enough,cost etc, also if the topic has been discussed before and anyone can find a link I can't I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance & A Happy New Year to all

Never heard of or needed a medical letter for a Tourist Visa. All I needed was my passport, two pictures and the form filled out. Are you sure it is required? Try calling your local Thai Embassy or Consulate to confirm.

........................ I think a multiple entry tourist visa is the way to go! On the Thai website it states a requirement of the application is a letter from a Doctor or Hospital for medical treatment in Thailand.

Can you give us a link to whatever you're looking at.

If you're not looking at the Royal Thai Consulate Hull website then I suggest you start there.

Thanks for the quick reply,this is where I saw it,(under required documents)

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/45

Click on the Hull Consulate link I gave you - much much better.

Edit - I see that site says :-

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for Tourism and Medical Treatment purposes.

I would assume the reference to a doctor's letter relates to the Medical Treatment option.

Click on the Hull Consulate link I gave you - much much better.

Edit - I see that site says :-

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for Tourism and Medical Treatment purposes.

I would assume the reference to a doctor's letter relates to the Medical Treatment option.

OOPS! Thanks a lot for that and the Hull Consulate link, much appreciated

I must pf followed the link for tourist visa and the first thing I noticed was the letter requirement,not sure why you would be classed as a tourist if you need medical treatment though...