Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Hilton

HDMuffDiver

I had a very good visit with my Thai GF who was with me for a couple of days. We had no problems with the Executive Lounge in Pattaya (in fact the woman that manages the executive lounge half thai/half german is a great person) . . the staff treated her with respect and she enjoyed our holiday. While she was gone, I was able to get around joiner fees by coming in through the mall. You can do this until about 10 pm . . so I would generally get an early evening short time . . or afternoon short time . . and I did not get hit with any fees. But if you are coming back after 10 pm . . and you come through the downstairs lobby you will pay . . . I used my Hilton Points . . I might in the future get a room for a couple of days with my GF or a girl I am very happy with . . but not for the whole trip . . if I have to pay I will be back at the Baywalk or someplace similar.

I HAVE IT NOW THE WRITTEN INFO FROM THE Hilton....

"The question about joiner fee is welcomed. Hilton Pattaya will charge non registered guest at THB1000.-net per person per day without breakfast.

And your guest needs to register at Front Desk before going to the room. The joiner fee is mostly applied for all Pattaya hotels with the main reason of safety and security of residential guests".

Edited by landmann

I had a very good visit with my Thai GF who was with me for a couple of days. We had no problems with the Executive Lounge in Pattaya (in fact the woman that manages the executive lounge half thai/half german is a great person) . . the staff treated her with respect and she enjoyed our holiday. While she was gone, I was able to get around joiner fees by coming in through the mall. You can do this until about 10 pm . . so I would generally get an early evening short time . . or afternoon short time . . and I did not get hit with any fees. But if you are coming back after 10 pm . . and you come through the downstairs lobby you will pay . . . I used my Hilton Points . . I might in the future get a room for a couple of days with my GF or a girl I am very happy with . . but not for the whole trip . . if I have to pay I will be back at the Baywalk or someplace similar.

Thanks for your info. So at least it may be possible to take a girl into the lounge.

PS: How do you get from the mall into the hotel without paying the fee during the day ? I though you can only get from the mall into the lobby, change elevators within the lobby area and get into the room.

Knew it the Buggers a 1,000 Baht Fee Bloody Hell.

Might as well if staying at the Hilton also book a cheap hotel as well to take the Girls as this would be very much cheaper.

Think even with my points going to give this hotel a miss Robbing Bastards

"The joiner fee is mostly applied for all Pattaya hotels with the main reason of safety and security of residential guests".

I love when a company tries to tell you that everyone else is charging the same excessive fees, when you KNOW that they're not! 55555!

Based upon what I have read on here, the Holiday Inn charged a joinder fee back when they first opened, but I KNOW first hand that they do not charge one now. Let's cross our fingers that the Hilton eventually drops this charge.

Then again, mongers may not be their target market....

Well, I booked a room at the Hilton for 15 nights in June. Staying free for points so I figure 1000 baht joiner fee won't kill me. At least I know that there is hot water, good a/c and a king bed isn't two twin beds pushed together. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by HDMuffDiver

Well, I booked a room at the Hilton for 15 nights in June. Staying free for points so I figure 1000 baht joiner fee won't kill me. At least I know that there is hot water, good a/c and a king bed isn't two twin beds pushed together. :GoldenSmile1:

1,000 Night per Guest will not kill you but still a rip off 15,000 Minimum is still Bloody steep and they can still stick it up their robbing Arses

You are my HERO! What did 15 Hilton nights set you back? About 450,000 points? You must be a travel King

You are my HERO! What did 15 Hilton nights set you back? About 450,000 points? You must be a travel King

Actually, I have a time share though Hilton which is equal to about 800,000 HHonors points a year. Plus, they had a 33% off if I booked this month. Total was around 330,000 points. :)

Well - I stay here now for 6 days and the Hilton is for sure the nicest/best hotel with a highly impressive overall service in Pattaya BUT whenever you take a girl into the hotel they are almost "hunting you down" from the entrance area (Level 1) to the front desk (Level 16) and even in the room to get the girls ID Card, a signature for the addtitional 1000 THB per night (this is the charge per girl and per day - it just does not matter if you keep one girl for days) etc..etc.. This is going to piss me off after a few days already. Some other drawbacks: regular rooms are really small and by far nothing special (I am staying in a King Deluxe Ocean Suite) the hotel is too far away from Walking Street, the immediate area is a construction ground with ugly fences etc.., not very many good looking freelancer within the area, incidentials at the hotel are highly expensive, noisy rooms - and it just does not matter in which fllor/which side you are, most of the staff is pissing unfriendly when girls are showing off/waiting within the lobby, deposit per day is 2000 THB minimum (taking from your credit card) tons of Russians with their typical improper behavior. Conclusion: the next time I am staying again at D2 !!

Edited by landmann

there should be no reason for a joiners fee because I feel that you pay for the room regardless and the room can sleep two comfortablely. Of course there are two sets of towels and two sets for coffee cups etc. They are ready for two people so why the fuck should anyone pay a joiners fee.???? i would never pay the fee and it happen in Bangkok years ago with my Thai wife. i was booked for five days. I checked in and my wife joined me later in the day. that night, they announced a joiners fee? WTF, I was mad and they treated her like a whorA off the street. I ask for the manager in charge and then all hell broke loose. Cussed everyone out and checked out that night and went to what is now the Westin. No body should pay for a joiners fee...IMHO

cheers tommy x

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

there should be no reason for a joiners fee because I feel that you pay for the room regardless and the room can sleep two comfortablely. Of course there are two sets of towels and two sets for coffee cups etc. They are ready for two people so why the fuck should anyone pay a joiners fee.???? i would never pay the fee and it happen in Bangkok years ago with my Thai wife. i was booked for five days. I checked in and my wife joined me later in the day. that night, they announced a joiners fee? WTF, I was mad and they treated her like a whorA off the street. I ask for the manager in charge and then all hell broke loose. Cussed everyone out and checked out that night and went to what is now the Westin. No body should pay for a joiners fee...IMHO

cheers tommy x

You're absolutely right but I was aware of the fee and prepared to pay at the Hilton. What pissed me off is the way how they handle this at the hotel.

Anyway, the hotel seems to be well booked and they can play it the way they want. As mentioned - next time D2 !! No joiner fee, better location, nice reception girls (staff) and no stupid look when you walk in with a TG.

I saved my 30,000 per night Hilton points and used my Holiday Inn pirority club points at 15,000 per night. This was a much better deal. Also, everytime I brought a girl to my room for short time stay, she wanted to stay the over for a little morning delite at no extra charge.

Bad news, mikea -- Holiday Inn just changed their required points for Pattaya -- from now on it's going to be 25,000 points/night, which is a 66% increase! I could see bumping it from 15,000 to 20,000, but the jump to 25,000 seems excessive to me.

Rumor has it you can call the Priority Clubs service desk and still get the old rate for a couple of months. I found it VERY confusing, but they essentially gave it to me for 15,000 points per night for the 8 nights I wanted by charging me 25,000 points, but giving me a "goodwill credit" of 80,000 points to cover the 10,000 point increase for each of the 8 nights.

For future trips, at 25,000 points, I think I'm better off just paying $100 per night unless I get the points REALLY cheaply (like the 70,000 point PC credit card bonus that was going around).

Either that or I'm going to try to build up my Marriott points for future stays, as it is still only 20,000/night, but you usually can get a 5th night free if you cash in points for 4 nights (so effectively 16,000 points/nt for 5 nights). Of course, I now have to move my Marriott account from 8,000 points to 80,000 points!

F*ck me! I just read on Flyertalk.com that it is likely that the Pattaya Marriott will be re-branded, as hotel owner is poulling his hotels from Marriott brand and listing them under his own brand.

He also owns Marriott in BKK, Hua Hin, Pattaya and JW Marriott in Phuket.

My plan of using hotel points is being f*cked up left and right -- Holiday Inn bumps required points by 66%; Marriott likely to be gone by year end; Hilton charges 30,000 points PLUS joinder fee.

Starwood is only 10,000/night (for now!) and it shows that redeeming 4 nights gets you the 5th night free, so only 8,000/night. Doesn't seem to be a "convenient" location (which is why I LOVED Marriott), but I still think I'm going to start using my SWP credit card to build that account up!

I heard that .. While minor Group (Anantara) have rebranded some of the other Marriotts that they had franchised including the riverside one in BKK, they have not yet made a decision on Pattaya. They also have the land lease coming up for renewal, and until they do this they are unlikely to rebrand. Unofficially I heard that they do not believe it is a suitable place for an Anantara resort, and may want to keep Marriott. Its an old hotel and they also know how much business they would lose (a lot of their base is corporate) if they lose the Marriott loyalty programme. However YMMV!

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination