IGNORED

Sent by an unknown number

Martinell

Translate please before I answer, can be everything :rolleyes:

5a14426abb079e527af400419272e88b.jpg

The friendly dating site :)

banner.gif

If you really love me stop seeing your mia noi .

If you love your mia noi more than me please leave me alone .

Edited by jerry

Thanks A Lot, fun it is not sent by my wife :wacko: I think I let it be :D

Edited by Martinell

banner.gif

Thanks A Lot, fun it is not sent by my wife :wacko: I think I let it be :D

If it wasn't your wife your mia noi must have send it :GoldenSmile1: .

Better to let it be .

Better to let it be .

555 I think you're right, thanks again :Buddy1: I give a beer when we cross over.

banner.gif

Better to let it be .

BTW Do you have the opportunity to make one where you change look with talking and mia out with "fan" it will really stir things up,

I promise to let you know what happens :Grin_Jump1:

banner.gif

Being at that stage of learning Thai which I think is best described as late beginner/early intermediate, I am really interested in aspcts of the language used here - idiom, choice of pronoun etc. so was interested to compare my translation with yours. I understand that mine is more literal and so misses part of the meaning:

If you love me then release her hand (let her go)

but if you love each other then grab her hand (stick with her) and release mine.

Same meaning. I was interested in the idiom "release her hand" but also in the choice of pronoun. She uses man for her. If I understand correctly that's a bit derogatory. It's the word I use when refering to my dog - "it" or I could be totally wrong there

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

To be honest i asked my wife to translate it for me :Whistle: .

I understand Thai , i speak enough to get a conversation going but reading it ....

I found out that a lot of Thais don't always use he , she or it in the way we would use it .

Not shore it's derogatory or just ignorance .

I can understand when she thinks you love your mia noi more than you do her she uses

it to put you down .

Thanks guys, I have not in fact answer it, but this could be a possible answer :P

378130_230277013709946_100001829472942_507328_1219257883_n.jpg

banner.gif

I was interested in the idiom "release her hand" but also in the choice of pronoun. She uses man for her. If I understand correctly that's a bit derogatory. It's the word I use when refering to my dog - "it" or I could be totally wrong there

The way I understand it, if you use the more polite pronouns like คุณ ผม พี่ น้อง ฯลฯ, then using มัน for him/her is definitely derogatory.

However, if you use the impolite/rude pronouns กู and มึง (like in this message) then มัน is a normal way to say him/her and usually not derogatory.

I know a lot of farang hear the word "man" and get upset thinking they're being insulted, but it's very normal for Thais to talk to their friends like this, and most of the time it's not meant as an insult. I wouldn't recommend using it as a foreigner though!

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

The way I understand it, if you use the more polite pronouns like คุณ ผม พี่ น้อง ฯลฯ, then using มัน for him/her is definitely derogatory.

However, if you use the impolite/rude pronouns กู and มึง (like in this message) then มัน is a normal way to say him/her and usually not derogatory.

I know a lot of farang hear the word "man" and get upset thinking they're being insulted, but it's very normal for Thais to talk to their friends like this, and most of the time it's not meant as an insult. I wouldn't recommend using it as a foreigner though!

Thanks for that. I do find it difficult grasping the subtlties of all the different pronouns and particles. I was reading the other day that there are 27 first person pronouns, 22 second person and 8 third person. It seems the more you learn the more there is to learn

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire