IGNORED

Problems with Agoda.com

Tomj

Hi guys,

I have used Agoda.com a couple of times to book my hotel in LOS. Normally I have been a happy customer, but I don’t like the way the total price is revealed. You don’t know until you have typed your credit card information, unless you do a little calculation yourself. If you use expedia.com you will know the total price for your stay right away.

2 weeks ago I once again booked a room via agoda.com, but when I was trying to use my reward points, some kind of error occurred. I wasn’t able to get my discount. I decided to go on with the booking, and afterwards I contacted Agoda in order to get my discount. For some reason the company never answered. I guess they just don’t care :Moon2:

so next time I will for sure use Expedia instead.

I used to book through agoda, but now just use their map to spot the right hotel and check the rates.

hotel tax and service fees are displayed just below the price on the screen asking for payment info, so you see full price before actually entering payment.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I use them all the time, including my trip to LOS and never had a problem. In fact they were great about sending an e-mail to my hotel in BKK when my connecting flight got cancelled.

Hotel tax and service fees are displayed just below the price on the screen asking for payment info, so you see full price before actually entering payment.

True you get the full price BEFORE going to payment page.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I use booking.com. Same price or better, no deposit, no hidden costs.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! Agoda is tricky, They add a fee! I saw this and thought it was a fee for all the reservation. Then it turned out to be a fee they added for every day!

booking com is good sometimes cheaper, not always. Keep in mind although is usually is goes fine, you have to pay the amount to the hotel. And some hotels are not honest and try to charge you extras, when checking out.

atsiam.com has sometimes good prices, but their choice is more limited.

With all the traveling ive done - ive never had a problem with Agoda.

I like the fact i pay for the room upfront - as it means once im o/s, all the money i have is spending money :)