IGNORED

Budget Air Booking Site

DJW

i only stick to the well known ones but i will have a quick look.

did try this one but found that the cheapest flights that were advertised were not available, when you try to book them. My favourite site is "Kayak"

Thanks guys - my usual haunts of kayak & skyscanner brought up this company as the cheapest option but I agree they have some bad reports on their poor fullfillment of bookings at the advertised "cheap" price

• 6 months later...

I've just booked my flights with them. They were the cheapest (via Skyscanner) but as you mentioned they do have a lot of negative reviews.

Anyway, the booking was confirmed okay, but I haven't received my e-ticket yet (it's been 8 days now). I tried to phone but couldn't get through so I've emailed them. If they don't respond tomorrow, I'll start to worry.

What's the best way around it if I can't contact them? Can I get my tickets printed via the airline (Quantas) ?

http://www.budgetair.co.uk/aboutus

This site is "new" to me but bringing up prices about £30 less than others. Appears to be a dutch based booking company trying to get into the UK market

anyone have direct good or bad experience of this company?

I used this company after finding it on skyscanner for my recent visit to LOS - LHR - BKK on EVA Air. (I booked on New Years eve for a trip outgoing in May). I found it to be as efficient as ebookers in the electronic sale of the airplane seat with all the relevant docs sent through although after seeing the lonely planet criticsms of budget air i am a bit confused as it did not reflect my experience of them as all was good and if the price is good then i would use them again.

You can log out anytime you like but you can never leave.

babydollsaddict.gif

I've just booked my flights with them. They were the cheapest (via Skyscanner) but as you mentioned they do have a lot of negative reviews.

Anyway, the booking was confirmed okay, but I haven't received my e-ticket yet (it's been 8 days now). I tried to phone but couldn't get through so I've emailed them. If they don't respond tomorrow, I'll start to worry.

What's the best way around it if I can't contact them? Can I get my tickets printed via the airline (Quantas) ?

Have you tried 0208 045 4031?

Do you have a reference number?

You can confirm it with the airline to see if its legit

Where did you get that number from? That's not the number mentioned on the website. (it's 0906 6807747 - 25p/min :SteamingMad: )

I just Googled that 0208 number and its not Budgetair.

I'll contact the airline if I don't hear from Budgetair tomorrow.

Where did you get that number from? That's not the number mentioned on the website. (it's 0906 6807747 - 25p/min :SteamingMad: )

I just Googled that 0208 number and its not Budgetair.

I'll contact the airline if I don't hear from Budgetair tomorrow.

I have called them many times

Did you try ringing it?

Easier than Googling it!

I have used the more then 10 times they are very good after your first booking they give you a £15 discount on your next booking not much i know but it's 1 x short time and they allways seem to have the best price's

Well a couple of days on now and they still haven't responded to my email (or my follow up email). They're unreachable on the phone - (the number on the website and the number Socrates gave me). They don't answer the phone, and must be making a FORTUNE out of the 25p/min rate while you hold for an agent- the oldest scam in the book !!!

So I'm officially in panic mode now. :22600584-Th:

I've been reading dozens of horror stories about Budgetair on review sites, forums,etc

I don't even trust they've made the reservation so I need to get a hold of Quantas. Does anyone have a UK number for Quantas ? The 2 numbers I found are no good (0845 7747 767 and 0208 600 4300) - just disconnects after dialing.

Seriously stressed right now. It's cost me over a grand for these flights :SteamingMad:

Well a couple of days on now and they still haven't responded to my email (or my follow up email). They're unreachable on the phone - (the number on the website and the number Socrates gave me). They don't answer the phone, and must be making a FORTUNE out of the 25p/min rate while you hold for an agent- the oldest scam in the book !!!

So I'm officially in panic mode now. :22600584-Th:

I've been reading dozens of horror stories about Budgetair on review sites, forums,etc

I don't even trust they've made the reservation so I need to get a hold of Quantas. Does anyone have a UK number for Quantas ? The 2 numbers I found are no good (0845 7747 767 and 0208 600 4300) - just disconnects after dialing.

Seriously stressed right now. It's cost me over a grand for these flights :SteamingMad:

Try CheckMyTrip

https://www.checkmytrip.com/cmt/apf/cmtng/index?LANGUAGE=US&SITE=NCMTNCMT

Put in your reservation number (PNR No) and your name and report back.

I finally got in touch with Quantas but I hit a brick wall. They can't give me info without a booking number. All I have is the BudgetAir booking number - that's completely different to the actual booking number (Quantas booking num) :-(

I tried that number anyway on the Quantas website and of course they don't even recognise the format.

That checkmytrip is probably very useful, but I don't know the PNR or the official booking number for (Quantas). All I have is BudgetAir's own booking number -as I said, useless to me here.

There just has to be away around all this when you've paid your money and booked your flight.

The problem with cheap booking agencies is that the can only beat the opposition by having the minimum number of staff and thus customer service is abysmal. They are great when things go to plan but hell when they don't.

Well, well, well. It took them 12 minutes to resolve what's taken me the last 12 days to sort out. :Crazy1:

RESULT - e-ticket and invoice emailed to me, as soon as I complained to the parent company.

Thanks again for that brilliant suggestion, brownmanc. :Clap1::001_Thank_You5:

Now I can finally look forward to my LOS trip. :GoldenSmile1:

Well, well, well. It took them 12 minutes to resolve what's taken me the last 12 days to sort out. :Crazy1:

RESULT - e-ticket and invoice emailed to me, as soon as I complained to the parent company.

Thanks again for that brilliant suggestion, brownmanc. :Clap1::001_Thank_You5:

Now I can finally look forward to my LOS trip. :GoldenSmile1:

Great news - Have a good trip

p.s. Just to be on the safe side put your PNR no from e-ticket into Checkmytrip website and hopefully your flight should be confirmed with Qantas