IGNORED

Muay Thai in Pattaya, real or false?

PAT21

Are Muay Thai matches put on for show to entertain tourists? Like Pro Wrestling, combining fighting sport and theatrical performance.

What do you think about it?

Vale_Tudo11.wmv

:Sorry2: guys,

I just notice that the same video had already been displayed by Edge (Topic started Jan 23 2011) :Oops3:

I have been sitting in the bar where girl told me she knows who's gonna win. I told the other one will win and if not I will BF You. I did not have to watch it through, I knew already.

I'm not aware of any of the fights being set up. There is a large amount of falang training in Pattaya so wouldn't see the need. In Chang Mai (thapae stadium) the fights are definitely fixed at times with the Thai taking a dive (always falang vs thai there never falang vs falang, they do this so they can get more tourists into the stadium as thais get in for free).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Last time when i was in pattaya i did a match at the bar with ring at the beginning of Walking Street.

Before me there was a english guy whose nose was broken by a thai fighter.

At home i train a lot kickboxing. So i decided to do a match in thailand to.

The fighter was at least 10kg lighter than me and his kicks where very hard but in the second round i punched him ko

Live the life you love.... Enjoy for Full...

Never Regret Anything you did.

Just do it...

I agree, I did kickboxing for about 3 years and what you see at the bars is definitly all show.

They never try to hit the opponent seriously...

Just heavy sparring in the bars, theatrical and over exaggerrated

• 3 weeks later...

Between Thai boxers, it is a just show.

when you see them punching and kicking they cover or are hit with enough protection.

However, boxing with a guest(normally western people are challenging) it is a little bit more than a show becuase thia professional boxer does not really hit to win, but just pace with the challenger.

Thai boxing in bar is show. Little bit more serious start only when some farang try one is luck. Normal fights can see in Theprasit stadium in Patts. Ticket 1200 B.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019