Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

one million Bht

fatcat

Ok folks, thats what i have , funds allready in Pattaya. im looking to buy a condo or small house, (east pattaya ok ) for one million Bht, may go a little bit more but not a lot, i know its not a vast amount of money but thats what i have avaiable at the moment, i would be looking to complete as soon as possible. any thoughts ? cheers.

Yeah, Mate

Just Google Pattaya real estate around Pattaya Klang, or Big C Central Pattaya.

Lots of stuff for sale. Foreign Ownership too. Nott too far from the action, without having to go to the Darkside.

The upshot is that is where a lot of the girls live.

Plenty of small studios available for under 1m. Houses, I don't think so unless you can live in something very very tiny and even then I don't see them advertised.

One idea is to drive around and look at the many billboards then when you spot something you like go along for a look.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

yes i have tried that site mate, just thought there may be some board members with some thing to sell and so avoid estate agent fees!

I have no problem with the dark side ! and shock horrow i does not have to be in a company name, in fact i would prefer a Thai name. yes i know !! but me and the Thai wife have been married now 9 years in the UK and we will both be paying for it, i guess after 9 years married with no problems its a pretty safe gamble. ha famous last words, cheers again.

All I will say is buy something that has already been built, the stories I have been hearing recently of the problems in build quality, etc... from condos bought off plane seem to be getting more and more frequent these days,

yes i have tried that site mate, just thought there may be some board members with some thing to sell and so avoid estate agent fees!

I have no problem with the dark side ! and shock horrow i does not have to be in a company name, in fact i would prefer a Thai name. yes i know !! but me and the Thai wife have been married now 9 years in the UK and we will both be paying for it, i guess after 9 years married with no problems its a pretty safe gamble. ha famous last words, cheers again.

As you are married you have the 50% protection anyway which is pretty much what you would get back home. It's only really unmarried guys who suffer the problems with house/land issues.

There are 1 bed houses in Sattahip for 900,000 but they really are rabbit hutches with little more floor space than a studio. Also probably too far for you.

From what I have just seen you can get quite a lot of studios under 50 sqm for under 1m but not easy for two people to live in something that small - maybe?

You'll be lucky to find a house for that price with one of the estate agents. If you're currently in Pattaya, have you tried taking a drive around the Darkside to see what is available? There are usually a few properties for sale with hand written signs in Thai and a phone number to call. I know where I live the 2 bed terraced houses go for around 1-1.2 million

As you are married you have the 50% protection anyway which is pretty much what you would get back home. It's only really unmarried guys who suffer the problems with house/land issues.

There are 1 bed houses in Sattahip for 900,000 but they really are rabbit hutches with little more floor space than a studio. Also probably too far for you.

From what I have just seen you can get quite a lot of studios under 50 sqm for under 1m but not easy for two people to live in something that small - maybe?

It's not really true

Can my Thai Wife Own Land?

Yes. Prior to 1998, any Thai woman who married a foreigner would lose her right to purchase land in Thailand. She could, however, still retain land that she owned prior to marrying the foreigner. However, 1999 a new Ministerial regulation changed that to allow Thai national's married to foreigners the right to purchase land, but the Thai spouse must prove that the money used in the purchase of freehold land is legally solely theirs with no foreign claim to it. This is usually achieved by the foreign spouse signing a declaration stating that the funds used for the purchase of property belonged to the Thai spouse prior to the marriage and are beyond his claim.

http://www.pattaya-p...al-information/

Edited by 7heaven

It's not really true

Can my Thai Wife Own Land?

Yes. Prior to 1998, any Thai woman who married a foreigner would lose her right to purchase land in Thailand. She could, however, still retain land that she owned prior to marrying the foreigner. However, 1999 a new Ministerial regulation changed that to allow Thai national's married to foreigners the right to purchase land, but the Thai spouse must prove that the money used in the purchase of freehold land is legally solely theirs with no foreign claim to it. This is usually achieved by the foreign spouse signing a declaration stating that the funds used for the purchase of property belonged to the Thai spouse prior to the marriage and are beyond his claim.

http://www.pattaya-p...al-information/

I was referring to the divorce laws bro.

I was referring to the divorce laws bro.

How does the 50% protection work if this has been the case? Or doesn't it?

"This is usually achieved by the foreign spouse signing a declaration stating that the funds used for the purchase of property belonged to the Thai spouse prior to the marriage and are beyond his claim."

Interesting stuff this.

How does the 50% protection work if this has been the case? Or doesn't it?

"This is usually achieved by the foreign spouse signing a declaration stating that the funds used for the purchase of property belonged to the Thai spouse prior to the marriage and are beyond his claim."

Interesting stuff this.

In the case of land OWNERSHIP that is correct. However on divorce under Thai law both parties are entitled to 50% of assets accrued after marriage. So the wife owns the property and as the faring cannot own half it must either be sold or 50% of it's value built into the overall settlement calculation.

In the case of land OWNERSHIP that is correct. However on divorce under Thai law both parties are entitled to 50% of assets accrued after marriage. So the wife owns the property and as the faring cannot own half it must either be sold or 50% of it's value built into the overall settlement calculation.

Ok, thanks.

Okay but are you really sure about that, because the man have signed a declaration that funds used for the purchase of property belonged to the Thai spouse prior to the marriage and are beyond his claim.

I don't want to argue just want to know

:)

Okay but are you really sure about that, because the man have signed a declaration that funds used for the purchase of property belonged to the Thai spouse prior to the marriage and are beyond his claim.

Yeah, that's what confused me to be honest.

Right guys some intereting points, about ownership, but im not interested in them, this thread is about looking for a condo or small house for sale. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by fatcat

It is a bit convoluted I do agree. It hinges on the land as opposed to the house. Contrary to popular opinion a foreigner CAN own a house but not the land it stands on. Clearly it would be a bit daft to buy a house on land you can't own etc. Also in the wording "usually".

Let me rephrase my original statement to simply say that married guys get more protection from the law than unmarried ones - then we an get back on topic :)

read this

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/90847-you-just-never-can-tell/

Stevie

If your in Pattaya get on a motorbike and cruise the areas you would like to live, plenty of for sale signs on the gates all over the place, thus saving big property company %'s.

Also a good bit of advise, rent it for a month minimum before you buy then you know if its ok to live in, ( noisy neighbours, dogs etc) buy it before you live in it at your own peril.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

have a look at the new chokchai condos at the darkside, starting from 800k till 1.3 for a 2 bedroom condo...

its a builder with a nice reputation IMO...

chokdee :)

have a look at the new chokchai condos at the darkside, starting from 800k till 1.3 for a 2 bedroom condo...

its a builder with a nice reputation IMO...

chokdee :)

Which Soi is this development on?