IGNORED

Tonys or California gym

Desv

Hi just going to pattaya for 2 weeks Christmas and new year need to find which gym is better for weights and little cardio work .does anyone no prices per day or week in both? Thanks all

• 3 weeks later...

Tony's Soi Bukhao..........I am told it's 80 baht per visit.

DSCN0212.JPG

I paid 240 baht per visit at tonys.Three weeks ago.The california is a little more pricey.The california tries to get you to buy a year membership.The marriot has a good gym.You can use the pool,sauna,etc.300 baht drop in.

cheers

Tony's 3rd road paid 220 bht per day (maybe more now?) Free weights, pool, sauna, all the fixings. Soi Bukhauw and Jomtien Tony's half the price. Went to California Wow and they wanted 1000 bht for one visit - walked away.

I miss the Tony's on 3rd and soi diana!

1000 b.......1 visit......geez................that's 40 bucks

Edited by badboybilly

Went to California Wow several years ago when it was new. Got a deal for 1000 bht for 2 weeks. I paid cash to a thai guy and I think he pocketed the money because every time I went to work out, the front desk gave me a hassle with the receipt.

ooop! I stand corrected.Tony's is 220.Sorry

I've paid 4280 for two months at California the last two times I was in town. It just depends on how well you can negotiate. Having used Tony's off Walking St, I can definitely say that California WOW is better.

Pay 6000 baht at Tony's for 1 year .

I guess it depends how long you are staying in los and what your expectations are. based on experience - more free weights at Tony;s vs Caif Wow. Better eye candy at calif Wow. Never been to Tony:s at soi bukeow or Jomtien but heard it is smaller than Tony;s 3rd rd???

Tony's on 3nd road - 2 weeks 2,099 baht

Tony's on soi Buakhow - 2 weeks 790 baht

What's the cross street for Tony's on Soi Bukhao?

California WOW has got everything but is pricey. I got them down to 1600 bt for 10 days.

I saw Tony's son on Pattaya TV....young guy............speaks with a American accent...they had a lifetime membership...was Dec 29 only...so u just missed it...recall he said 18,000 baht

• 3 weeks later...

Last few trips I've taken out a subsciption to Tonys on Third Road. Forget Tonys Soi Buakhow - Its very basic, open to fumes from the road and no aircon. The equipment is knackered.

Tonys 3rd Road is good but rather expensive - he overcharges 1-4 week visitors to give a good deal to people joining for a year.

A very good cheaper alternative is the Olympus Gym near the junction of Central Road and Sukumvit Road. the gym is as good as Tonys but does not have access to a swimming pool which is part of the Tony Complex.

depends on how much $$$ you have and what you are looking for

I posted price details on my trip report - I THINK I paid 4000 thb for 6 weeks at California WOW. It was PERFECT for me as I live just behind it and the chicks there are hot, its a/c, lots of classes incl Yoga. Ofcourse the gym purists would say this is not COOL :-) but I loved my time there

they do run a lot of scams. My PT made me say I am signing up for a 10 pack PT session .. but infact I paid for a 20 session pack. He threw another 5 sessions for free. You get the picture - he pocketed the money for the extra 10 PT sessions .. thats how Thailand works unfortunately!

california wow has the best equipment but damn is it expensive..

lk metropole is pretty decent for equipment and price i paid 150 baht? late last year for it

Anyone have photos from Tony's on Soi Bukhao? Why is it so much cheaper? Is it shit? No air conditioning perhaps?

Tony's Group is currently under liquidation...........gym is for sale........see baht sold.

Tony's Group is currently under liquidation...........gym is for sale........see baht sold.

Not really surprising as Tony has a reputation as being Pattaya's biggest rip off artist. All those lifetime memberships down the drain.