IGNORED

wife gone, left with my thai kids deported?

the canylinguist

here is a problem! wife left after many years of legal marriage, i have the kids (not embassy registerd) but thai birth certificates only, no sufficient funds for 1 year visa but get by on my internet sales, to take care of children,what are my chances of being left to get on with it here ? as no fixed abode back in my country,any similar cases??

Mate I have not a clue, and I guess a lot of Members wont also.

I am sorry you find yourself with this stress it must be a Nightmare.

I would seek Legal advice and also maybe ring your Embassy to sound things out.

It is strange IMO a Thai Bird will just leave her Kids, so maybe best to get a plan sorted as you know better than me if She will be back.

Only one thing a Thai Bird loves more than Monies and that is family. Watch yourself my Friend.

thai nut.jpg

CHEERS BUD very sensible advice its a shame as she is such a lovely mild mannerd person ,we just had shit loads of bad luck and lost the same in money (greedy cheeting kin) for wich she cant stand up to, thanks mate.

Don't have an answer for you but a few thoughts. As the previous poster says legal advice is important as is support from friends and family in your home country.

Your wife has left you but you are still married? How are things between you, what I mean is will she leave you to get on with taking care of the kids etc. or is she adding to the problems? (Thai's that I know generally like their family to take care of the children with financial support from the father) How long long have you left on your visa before you need to provide evidence of money in the bank etc.? As a temporary fix is it possible for you to change to a different visa (ie ED) for which you don't need money in the bank but allows you to remain in the country for a year while you try to resolve your problems?

Good luck with sorting things out. I hope you can without too much hassle.

The most important advise already given is get legal advise.

Sorry for your troubles.

you'd be able to get a visa if you're caring for the kids,

not sure which but i think they are available

how much? no idea

go to thai visa forum and ask there, they have some visa type experts who would give you decent advice

research the net thoroughly before spending $ on legal advice that may or may not be correct

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.

One of the most important things you can do is to get them registered with your embassy. Assuming you are named on the birth certificate, this should not be an issue. As long as they have a Thai mother, they will be eligible for Thai passports and all the benefits of being Thai as well. Either way, if things go pear shaped, you would then have the option of what country to reside in. Just my two cents.....

The Thai government changed the rules a few years ago stopping foreign parents from getting a visa just based on having a Thai child, the argument was that they didn't want foreigners having Thai kids just so they could stay in Thailand. From memory I think they may have grandfathered those that did have visas based on Thai kids but to be honest it was at least 4+ years ago and I never really followed it as I get my visa through work (I'm a single parent with a Thai kid myself).

As mentioned above go see a good lawyer. One suggestion I will make is speak to the Thai embassy in your home country and explain the situation, show them you have regular income which is enough to support you and your kids in Thailand and they may give you a suitable visa (doesn't hurt to ask).

Volunteer work with and NGO for a work permit and visa might be an option if you can spare the time but I think that is a longer shot than the embassy giving you a 1 year family visa.

Admittedly it has always been something that has played on my mind wondering what would happen if I lost my job (work permit/visa) and how I would deal with having my kid on my own but thankfully I have not ended up in this situation. That said best of luck.

I'm not an expert but I'd guess if you legaly married and did not legaly divorce you are still considered married. As for renewing your visa, there are a few things to consider; are you under or over 50 years old? If over 50 just apply for a retirement visa. Another option if you don't have 800,000 in the bank is to have a notorized letter from your embassy stating you earn over 65,000 baht per month, you may have to show proof to your embassy and then have it translated into Thai and certified by the MFA office in Bangkok.

Like others have said check out Thaivisa, it's full of info to help you out.

Good luck

These all are strange advices.

I hope your native country is USA.

Don't have an answer for you but a few thoughts. As the previous poster says legal advice is important as is support from friends and family in your home country.

Your wife has left you but you are still married? How are things between you, what I mean is will she leave you to get on with taking care of the kids etc. or is she adding to the problems? (Thai's that I know generally like their family to take care of the children with financial support from the father) How long long have you left on your visa before you need to provide evidence of money in the bank etc.? As a temporary fix is it possible for you to change to a different visa (ie ED) for which you don't need money in the bank but allows you to remain in the country for a year while you try to resolve your problems?

Good luck with sorting things out. I hope you can without too much hassle.

all the messages ive had have been really helpfull and gives me confidence about a good result to my problem cheeers,regards liverpool john.