IGNORED

Sunrise Tacos

The restaurant is now open. We went last night (sat) at 7:16 pm. The place was neat and clean.

Third day open (soft open if your in the biz).

Sat down, greeted quick, menu brought. I wanted soft tacos, that were on menu as "crispy" was quickly given a form that I had to fill out to change a menu item from "crispy" to soft taco.

WTF give me a #20 with soft taco, not crispy.

Hmmm training of staff issue ????????????

Nu, ordered a small quesada(spelling) and I got my 3 chicken tacos.

We each had a water, (1/2 liter,bottled) served with a glass of ice and water was chilled @ 20B each.

Nice change from other places that charge as much as 50B for a water.

Took 17 minutes to get food, place was maybe 1/2 full, so not slammed.

Chicken in my taco, was luke warm at best with a sprinkle of cheese, lettuce, and onions.

Nu's order was not grilled so cheese not melted, someone needs to look up "how to

make a ......................."

Chef came by and I asked why not grilled ? His answer was I am new to the "concept" just

doing it the way they say.

Over heard falang owner/mgr telling another couple near by, have 5 in Bangkok, this is first in Pattaya

minor detail, this is their first in Jomtien.

Harsh review is as follows...............

Very slow food service, but quickly greeted and menus presented.

Really 17, minutes to make 3 tacos, and i Quesadas ????????

No thai food on menu, WTF ?????

POS machine runs out of paper and it takes 5 yes 5 wait staff to change a roll of paper,

and at this time "Chef" and falang no where to be seen. Took 10 minutes to "check bin"

and it is wrong :)

Bottom line, wait for a bit until they get the bugs worked out.

Oh , my lady said, "I hungry, I eat, no want to come back"

My impression, very bland, expensive food.

Total check was 429.61B 3 dec 2011 20:01 ( 8 pm)

Location, just outside Jomtien;s gay area so if having dinner and seeing gay

couples there to bothers you, might just give it a miss

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

I ate there last night and thought the food was really good and thought the service was excellent.

I like the fish tacos, have eaten at the Sukhumvit restaurant several times.

Retired

I have eaten at the one on suk in BKK on both my trips and liked it so I hope that they are just working out the issues and will be up to standards soon. I never thought I would be sitting in Thailand eating tacos but after a couple of weeks of thai food i start to crave stuff from home.

Going by the reviews on TV, it looks like it would be best to wait awhile before going, they seem to be having a lot of problems with cold food (even the manager admits to that) slow service and mixed up meals

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to one of their places in Bangkok, kinda over priced for what you get. You are going to spend a heap of money if you are really hungry.

• 3 weeks later...

I ate there and wasn't really impressed. I had the baja fish tacos- not much flavor, also the sides of mexi rice and beans were pretty bland. They add on a sevice charge and tax to the bill as well. Still undecided if I would give them a second chance.

• 1 month later...

Well it is now Feb 16 , went by on a baht bus yesterday and the place

was empty at about 12:45-1 pm.

Any new reviews from the BM's in town now ????????

Mark

The food is OK at Sunrise but the atmosphere is sterile - like a fast food restaurant. I prefer Mike's Mexican off Thappraya Rd which has good food and a nice setting inside the restaurant.

I'll take Mike's anyday over Sunrise.

Thanks guys......I stayed in Jomtien Plaze a ways back, kept going by

Sams and it was never open. Now its open and I'm way the other side

of Jomtien. I will stop in and check it out, bonus I grew up in Dago-by-the-Sea :)

Mark

• 4 months later...

Bump....................

Any new news or reviews ?????

Last time by on a BB I noticed they have a few specials on the windows, but haven't been back myself.

I really enjoyed the sunrise tacos in BKK. I had a really good custom made burrito with some very spicy (and good) salsa. I personally recommend for a good custom made burrito.

Bump....................

Any new news or reviews ?????

I was there a few nights ago for takeout. The food was actually very good. The only down side was they were backed up a bit in the kitchen. I ended up going down the street for a beer. I very nice lady kept me company so all was not lost.

Where in patts?

Where in patts?

Jomtien near View Talay 7

• 4 weeks later...

At the time of our visit (Jomtein branch), we experienced very average food, unfortunately. I was really looking forward to our meals! Expensive with the +vat +tip pricing (personal dislike).

I really enjoyed the sunrise tacos in BKK. I had a really good custom made burrito with some very spicy (and good) salsa. I personally recommend for a good custom made burrito.

Agreed. I'm surprised to hear the negativity here about the Pattaya branch. Greg manages the Bangkok places closely and gets as good a result as any foreigner managing Thais to produce Mexican food could hope. Maybe Pattaya is just too far away for him to give that branch the attention it deserves. Or maybe when he's in Pattaya he has other things on his mind...

• 1 month later...

I may give them one more try next trip, but what I have done when I get a mexican craving I usually just make it myself. I bring "Old El Paso" spicy taco spice packs from home, add my spices as needed, buy some soft taco shells from friendship/foodland and just make it myself. My V-VLT TGF likes my mexican cooking so all is good and about 1/3 the price.

Cheers

Mark

edit spelling

Edited by marko456

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a work function last month that they catered and the food was excellent!

BKK or Pattaya ???