IGNORED

Help needed!

david1806

Hi all

I'm looking for some help. A few years ago I lived in koh samui and for a while owned a bar. I made friends with a guy, and we became very tight and stayed in touch through the years. Unfortunately, I lost a laptop that had all my contacts in, and his email no longer works. Now, he won't be hard to find if he's still there, because he owns a laundry called Bubbles, on a soi off the main chawang high street. Or he did, anyway.

So, if anyone here is either about to visit samui our lives there, I cannot say how much I would appreciate it if you would help me get in touch with my mate.

His name is Simon Leeming, and as I say, he owns a laundry called Bubbles. The actual address is Soi Colibri, Chaweng South, 46/22 Moo 3. It's a road on the same side as mcdonalds just off the main high street that runs through chawang.

Also, while I'm at it, is The Bare Foot Bar still there, on the main chawang road?

And can anyone point me in the right direction of any other site I could leave this message?

Many many thanks in advance.

David

David

My Thailand Adventure (Trip Report - kinda...)
https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/129298-my-thailand-adventure/

Hi all

I'm looking for some help. A few years ago I lived in koh samui and for a while owned a bar. I made friends with a guy, and we became very tight and stayed in touch through the years. Unfortunately, I lost a laptop that had all my contacts in, and his email no longer works. Now, he won't be hard to find if he's still there, because he owns a laundry called Bubbles, on a soi off the main chawang high street. Or he did, anyway.

So, if anyone here is either about to visit samui our lives there, I cannot say how much I would appreciate it if you would help me get in touch with my mate.

His name is Simon Leeming, and as I say, he owns a laundry called Bubbles. The actual address is Soi Colibri, Chaweng South, 46/22 Moo 3. It's a road on the same side as mcdonalds just off the main high street that runs through chawang.

Also, while I'm at it, is The Bare Foot Bar still there, on the main chawang road?

And can anyone point me in the right direction of any other site I could leave this message?

Many many thanks in advance.

David

My first post here and I am helping somebody...

http://www.mysamuiholiday.com/samui-directory/koh-samui-business-service/laundry/bubbles-launderama.php

My first post here and I am helping somebody...

http://www.mysamuiho...-launderama.php

Well Done ... And Welcome to the Forum... I,m sure David will be delighted to find his friend address and Phone Nbr...

• 7 months later...

Hello, Dave. Just in case you check this forum again - Simon 'folded' his laundry business (no pun intended) a couple of Years ago - due to constant trouble with staff, power cuts, water cuts, and working too much - for very little in the way of recompense. I think he got disheartened working his arse off, to the point of passing out, and splitting his head open quite a few times, having no quality of life atall - trying his best, to give the best laundry service that Samui (the shithole it has now become), has ever known, for not so much as a thankyou from any one of the wankers that inhabit and work there, in the businesses that had the good fortune to be blessed with his service, and manners. He came to the point in life where one has to chose what's truly important - pushed to that point by the deaths of quite a few of his friends, in quite a short period of time, mixed with his own discontentment of the capitalist mechanism that has so gripped the Island, and indoctrinated the inhabitants with its' many faces of fear, and it's attachment of emotives to material. Greed, Envy, Want, Showing off, Plastic Gangsters, Lying, Corruption, Bullshit - Samui is flooded with the very stuff that Simon left the West Years ago to escape, as well as being flooded with water every Year, more and more, due to no infrastructure, and no forward thinking by any of the monkies 'running' the show there, other than that of thinking how much more blood they can squeeze out of that once beautiful island, tomorrow. I believe Simon sold what he could, and moved to a better life - he now lives on the Thai / Cambodian border, in the middle of a National reserve - and is spending his days farming, and building a house with his own hands, and enjoying his life, with his lovely new girlfriend. I believe he is on facebook, Dave, under his own name, if you want to get in touch. By all means, you can p.m. me your details, and I would be happy to forward them to Simon, on your behalf.

- Just phoned him, and he sends you his best regards, Dave, he hasn't forgotten you - said you had a lot of natural laughs together - said you can find him on facebook, or leave contact details, here, and he'll be straight in touch, said he hopes you are doing really well.

Simon said Barefoot bar closed Years ago - after having a 'disagreement' with the landowners (paranoia, photos, head split open, bottled)Chad went to Cambodia, and in true Chad fashion, (i.e. opening up a ski apparel shop on a tropical island and wondering why it failed) - opened up a beach resort in the middle of the arse end of nowhere, and wondered why it failed, before half killing a local with a golf club on one of his neighbourly paranoia trips and settling out of Court, before selling it to a German, and then getting married, and settling out of Asia, by all accounts.......Simon says you were best off out of there, mate.