IGNORED

What type of Visa's are available for Ireland?

Pattayarox

Hi guys,

I have been doing plenty of reading on the different type of visa application's for Ireland but I'm still a bit confused.

Can somebody clarify it for me please.

I am wondering is it best to apply for a Visitor Holiday Visa(upto 90 days).

Or a work permit Visa(up to1 year)

A settlement visa were she can come to Ireland and live for 1 year before marriage or is this a fiance visa? Is it available in Ireland?

Or a spouse visa? If I was married to a TG how exactly does this work? Can she work in Ireland immediately?

Basically looking for some info of what route to take if I had a job here for my TGF how could I get her here and be able to work?

Or is it just planely obvious to get a holiday visa first, then after the 90 days apply for a different visa?

Assuming I meet all the required visa requirements what is the way to go?

I think there's a lot of difference in the Irish visa's than most maybe not though.

Many thanks for info

Pattayarox

Since you've been reading up on it, you may know all this, so sorry if it is repetition. Maybe contact the Irish Dept of Foreign Affairs, the Naturalisation & Immigration Service or the Irish consulate in Bangkok. I needed some documents from the consulate a while ago & found them very helpful. Below are the visa pages from the places I mentioned... good luck with it!

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Irish%20Visa%20Information

http://dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=8605

http://www.irelandinthailand.com/services1.html

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

'None' unless you personally know somebody in either; the Irish embassy Bangkok, or the 'Dept of justice and equity' in Dublin.

The whole show is 100% corrupt. Save your money and forget it.

Why is that I have a friend who I work with and he has a TGF and has had here twice in the past 2 years and he knows no contact's?

Pattayarox

The fact that your workmate’s young lady was successful over two years ago made the difference. Two years ago it was relatively easy to secure a visa for three months to Ireland. Since May 2011 the Irish immigration ministry have reformed the laws on foreign national visiting their country for short period holiday with the boyfriends. The fact that she apparently had a visa prior to this date was the significant point, as by issuing a visa the Irish immigration Dept had already set a benchmark for her and would therefore be forced to do the same again or face a legal challenge.

The fact that your workmate’s young lady was successful over two years ago made the difference. Two years ago it was relatively easy to secure a visa for three months to Ireland. Since May 2011 the Irish immigration ministry have reformed the laws on foreign national visiting their country for short period holiday with the boyfriends. The fact that she apparently had a visa prior to this date was the significant point, as by issuing a visa the Irish immigration Dept had already set a benchmark for her and would therefore be forced to do the same again or face a legal challenge.

So what would your advice be?

Pattayarox

• 3 weeks later...

It is almost impossible to get a holiday visa to Ireland now for a Thai national. I have been knocked back twice for a visa for my TG. Both times I met all the requirments but she was still refused. The reason they gave both times was not enough evidence she would return to Thailand. I have been told that when you meet all the criteria and they have no reason to refuse the visa they come up with that excuse. They just don't want to issue them any more. A mate of mine was also refused twice so in the end he married her to get her over. I don't want to go down this route as I would rather have her over for 3 months to see how she settles in here. I have been told if you are rich and use certain visa companies you will be granted a visa. I will leave you draw your own conclucions on that one. Sorry if I am disheartening you but thats the way it is now. If you do go ahead with applying for a visa the 90 day visa would be your best bet but don't hold your breath.

It is almost impossible to get a holiday visa to Ireland now for a Thai national. I have been knocked back twice for a visa for my TG. Both times I met all the requirments but she was still refused. The reason they gave both times was not enough evidence she would return to Thailand. I have been told that when you meet all the criteria and they have no reason to refuse the visa they come up with that excuse. They just don't want to issue them any more. A mate of mine was also refused twice so in the end he married her to get her over. I don't want to go down this route as I would rather have her over for 3 months to see how she settles in here. I have been told if you are rich and use certain visa companies you will be granted a visa. I will leave you draw your own conclucions on that one. Sorry if I am disheartening you but thats the way it is now. If you do go ahead with applying for a visa the 90 day visa would be your best bet but don't hold your breath.

I'm in the exact same boat because I would like her to come here first to see if she likes it, but seems like it is impossible to get a holiday visa I know many people who were refused after meeting the proper requirements, looks like marraige is the only option :-(

Pattayarox

While its great to be realistic, listen to other experiences and make educated decisions, sometimes timing, good preparation and luck can be the key.

With some good preparation, I hope the New Year brings you some luck and they start reissuing these visas!

All the best

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have been doing plenty of reading on the different type of visa application's for Ireland but I'm still a bit confused.

Can somebody clarify it for me please.

I am wondering is it best to apply for a Visitor Holiday Visa(upto 90 days).

Or a work permit Visa(up to1 year)

A settlement visa were she can come to Ireland and live for 1 year before marriage or is this a fiance visa? Is it available in Ireland?

Or a spouse visa? If I was married to a TG how exactly does this work? Can she work in Ireland immediately?

Basically looking for some info of what route to take if I had a job here for my TGF how could I get her here and be able to work?

Or is it just planely obvious to get a holiday visa first, then after the 90 days apply for a different visa?

Assuming I meet all the required visa requirements what is the way to go?

I think there's a lot of difference in the Irish visa's than most maybe not though.

Many thanks for info

Pattayarox

go here and ask for help

http://holidayshopthailand.com/

Shop

homeimage.jpg

The Holiday Shop was founded in 1991 to provide translation, marriage and visa services for Thai and foreign nationals. With over twenty years experience in the translation , marriage and visa application process to Ireland, Northern Ireland, UK, USA and Europe (Schengen territories) as well as Australia, we can offer valuable knowledge in Thai legal matters, documentation, contact with Thai government agencies and foreign embassies in Thailand. Under Western management, we offer a completely bilingual service for your convenience in communicating your special needs. We offer a very individual and customized approach to your personal requirements.

Edited by seans