IGNORED

Getting from Siem Reap to Pattaya

devee8

Bus tickets available everywhere.

Siem Reap to Phnom Penh about 6 hours about $9

Phnom Penh to Pattaya about 10-12 hours about $27-30

I'm pretty sure you can't do it in a day, even if you wanted to.

yea, maybe that came out wrong. I wasn't advocating doing a Patts-PP-SR trip. For sure too much hassle and time for just visiting SR. Just that I never went the Northern route BKK-SR so can't help personally (but dug out the links for that).

Btw., just in case: PP-SR in the smaller sprinter busses/minivans can be done in 4.5h if you're lucky. $10.-

yea, maybe that came out wrong. I wasn't advocating doing a Patts-PP-SR trip. For sure too much hassle and time for just visiting SR. Just that I never went the Northern route BKK-SR so can't help personally (but dug out the links for that).

Btw., just in case: PP-SR in the smaller sprinter busses/minivans can be done in 4.5h if you're lucky. $10.-

Your links were fine.

I was just taking it literally that he planned to travel - by bus - from Siem Reap to Pattaya and what I posted is the only way I know of doing it.

You can speed it up a little, but still not a one day trip.

No doubt someone will say fly SR-BKK, but that isn't what he asked about.

right, Mick, gotcha .

No doubt someone will say fly SR-BKK, but that isn't what he asked about.

No doubt :wacko:. Then let's chip in right away and say if he were to fly, not to fly BKK-SR (way too expensive) but BKK-PP (dirt cheap) and then the bus to SR for the scenery.

But anyway, folks, it's about the bus BKK-SR via Poipet. Anyone...?

siem raep phnom penh ( it's 10dollars ) 5hours by car

and i took a flight ( 50 dollars with luggage 20kg for bangkok) anf after a car to pattaya

• 2 months later...

I google it and some claim they took a bus from Siem Reap to BKK with walking across the border in Poipet and it takes 7 hours and road condition is fine.

And I am waiting anyway. The plane ticket is 200$ as I remember correctly for one way.

PP might be far, but it is really a crazy place (almost died there twice in three days) and is definitely worth a trip

• 4 months later...

Have a look at talesofasia.com it is full of info on transport to Cambodia and advice about the border crossing.

Come on guys.

Just was announced direct bus BKK to Phnom Penh and we already had thread on it.