IGNORED

Hotel or Guesthouses in Siem Reap

devee8

Myself and my Thai wife are traveling from Phnom Phen to Siem Reap on our way back to Patts and are going to stay in Siem Reap for a few days and are looking for recommendations, Links, Pictures and rates if anybody has good or bad stories. thanks

http://www.canbypublications.com/

useful site for hotels and info

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

molly malones on Bar Street although ive not stayed there

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

• 3 months later...

Unless you're scraping the bottom of the barrel I would agree with chris2004 and recommend staying in a hotel. There are plenty of hotels scattered everywhere throughout the area providing plenty of options. Agoda!

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but for the record I can recommend the Golden Orange hotel.

http://www.goldenorangehotel.com/

Fairly new guesthouse with very clean and comfortable rooms. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice quiet area.

All up it was 10/10 for the price for me.

• 7 months later...

The Golden Mango is great and only $20. I just got from three nights there and really enjoyed it, especially the pool, great breakfast and other reasonable meals, good AC and hot water and the staff really friendly.

The only mistake I made was to book a night sleeper bus to Sihanoukville. They really stuffed us in there and built for 5 foot 98 pound cambodians.

just returned from there to Patts... stayed at the Mekong Angkor hotel for 900 baht per night.  Decent pool, nice staff, great location, quiet at night.  You can walk to drinking street nearby, markets, etc.  My only advice to you is to have the hotel book a bus back or get a taxi direct to the border.  Many of the street vendors offering transportation will have you in an older bus and it will stop at the infamous Scambodia "International Bus Station" which is Poipets privately run corrupt ripoff station where they will hold you hostage until you buy food lol.  Make sure to ask the hotel "does this stop at international bus station or direct to border?"  Should be fine if the hotel books it.  Otherwise get a cab but try to find your own as it will be cheaper.  I would do the bus through the hotel cheaper and safer.  Once at the border easiest to get a minibus or taxi back to Patts as the buses to not run direct to Patts (but they do run direct from Patts to the border).  Enjoy your stay.  The Cambodian people are for the most part great and Angkor is incredible.  Siam Reap is also a very neat colonial style city pretty clean with many amenities.  These countries will surely give Tland a run for their money very soon.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297390-d1552906-Reviews-Mekong_Angkor_Palace_Hotel-Siem_Reap_Siem_Reap_Province.html

Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay. Did you make it to Phnom Penh or indulge in any of the night activities in Siem Reap?

Archived