IGNORED

Royal Cliff beach hotel - just some pictures

SoiViking

Stayed at the Royal Cliff Hotel one night during the floods in Bangkok cos of no available rooms, ok hotel, little run down, not sure about joiner friendly, but stayed there with my gf. Took some shoots of the view from the balcony.....

October 30, 2011-cliff-2.jpg

October 30, 2011-cliff-4.jpg

October 30, 2011-cliff-9.jpg

October 30, 2011-cliff-11.jpg

October 30, 2011-cliff-13.jpg

October 30, 2011-cliff-17.jpg

October 30, 2011-cliff-18.jpg

October 30, 2011-cliff-26.jpg

:hello09:

Nice pics=Royal Cliff was first hotel I stayed in as part of a tour,got upgraded to a mini suite overlooking the beach-very nice.Would not be joiner friendly,it is more of a conference type place nowadays.Nice for a first stay but prefer somewhere more central(and a lot cheaper) nowadays.

• 1 month later...

I have stayed here many times, they charge joiner fees, the rooms are a good size and clean,good facilities and good food, but a little out of the way

so means they will accept girl but they ask to pay more the room ?

i will go in that hotel soon for conference and i look for fun night, but i'm afraid about reception stop.

I have stayed here many times, they charge joiner fees, the rooms are a good size and clean,good facilities and good food, but a little out of the way

Yes it is definitely a bit out of the way.

First time I saw it a decade ago, i thought I'd gone back to an era of the British Empire with the outside help wearing white safari hats and such.

Which complex did you stay in at the Royal Cliff? The Terrace, Beach Resort, Grande?

The pics are from the beach resort wing...

• 4 weeks later...

Well, mate, it's not too far (wouldn't want to walk it though). It's not really the distance that's the problem, it's the logistics and, to an extent, the cumulative cost.

Getting into town during the day, my missus usually organises things so that we get the hotel shuttle to Central Shopping Mall. Sometimes we'll also get the shuttle back. So fairly straight forward.

Other times, like if I'm nipping out for a bottle of milk (or other refreshment), I'll get the hotel buggie down to the gated entrance by the road (it's a bit of a walk from reception) and then jump on a baht bus that will be waiting. Beware though, this won't be a 10 baht ride, it's more like a personal taxi. Anything up to 150 baht. Can be less if others share, but i've never paid less than 50 baht.

Getting back, pretty much the same. You'll probably be taking a baht bus as a personal taxi.

I've occassionally used a hotel taxi (before I realised that there were baht buses at the gated entrance). Stupid money.

Timewise, probably about 15 minutes or so to Central Shopping Mall.

Don't want to sound like a cheap charlie going on about the fares. It's just that it irritates me to spend upwards of 3,000 or 4,000 bahts in a week on baht buses. Not a big deal I suppose, and it really is a better location for a stay with wife and young son.

Edited by gazzag

• 3 weeks later...