IGNORED

Do u think Tukcom is cheap

badboybilly

Personally I dont think tukc om is cheap for phones.

In fact i have seen cheaper phones in Australia.,new phones start from 35 dollars /1000 b or so here in Sydney with camera.

Why do tourists rush there to tukcom

Im sure the UK is also cheaper.

Is there any phones /mobiles /cell that you think are cheaper in Thailand tha your own Country.

Edited by badboybilly

i dont think tukcom is that cheap either but it is convenient. it has everything you need.

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Got an Ipad 2 32B no 3G for 18000 baht including leather case plus plenty of apps loaded. A few hundred less than here in Australia. Took a bit of time to get down to this.

Cheap, not really cheap but its OK.

Phones may not be cheap BUT accessories are - as well as repairs and the like.

You can also find lots of interesting useful and in some cases weird items all under one roof - its a thumbs up from me.

One other very good thing about TukCom is you can meet girls there - they love phones and are there is always a healthy supply there - look out for the stunner that works in the apple type shop on the top floor - technology area

Best item is the small speaker cube for your laptop - usb connection - 400-450 baht in various colours - its a great present that does not take up a lot of space - for its size it gives out a great little sound and good bass as well - we bought about 20 between us to give out to friends and family.

Cheaper than anything else in Pattaya but not so cheap...

You can find everything you want in there by the way...

I'm sure along with many farangs, we all use this place because its convenient and likely that they have what you are looking for. But certainly not cheap and majority of phones are, of course, copies

• Like 1

My best mate lives in Pattaya and as my suitcase remains in Pattaya all year round i come over with an empty suitcase. Last year i brought him over a brand new laptop built to his own specifications by Sony Vario along with case router, HDMI cables etc. This year i am taking him over speakers, waterproof camera cover,tripod, batteries for mobile phone and camera, headphones. All of these are purchased through Amazon in the UK. Believe it or not all items were cheaper in the UK than Thailand. The other benefit is if he ordered direct from Thailand he would have had to go to Bangkok and pay duty. My own experience is i would only go to Tuk com for advice or phone unblocking only. I am not a fan of Tuk Com at all and prefer other outlets like Big C as i know other people who have had not genuine parts fitted at Tuk Com. Also with Tuk Com if you have a problem with a repair and go back to the same place they have usually changed the owner and not their responsibility.

• Like 1

Even phone unlocking isn't cheap. Can get it done for £5 here in UK (250 baht)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I bought an ipad2 recently in TukCom for 13,900 baht about $460. I thought that was fairly cheap. In the UK it would have cost over $600. Some things are cheap others expensive.

i found it also... its cheaper to buy most electronics from home (oz)... Alot of the crap is a copy and have been burnt with it failing after a short period of time...

Big differences in prices between shops inside tukcom also .

I prefer buying cheap electronics from www.dealextreme.com, to much hassle with the bargaining at tucom and similiar places.

When shopping in Tuk Com, remember there are a few price levels,

one for genuine products (Thai price and farang price)

one for counterfit products (Thai price and farang price)

one for 2nd hand genuine products (Thai price and farang price)

one for 2nd hand counterfit products (Thai price and farang price)

the Thai vs farang price isn't too far apart as there is a price sticker on most items, but many farangs will just accept the sticker price and the Thais will try to bargin.

Edited by Wolf Cat

Had a couple of bad experiences there. Went there in March & was quoted 1600B to get my Wii chipped so I could play copied disc games; went in the next day & he said 1800B. When I queried it he said OK 1600B & it'll take 1 hour...5 worrying days later I got it back but he said I could only use a HD & held out his hand which, surprise surprise, has a HD in it; 3000B for 100 games, which is OK, but not what I asked for.

Last week my Acer laptop charger melted so off to Tuk Com I went. There was only 1 shop open at that time who quoted me 800B because it was 'original, not copy'. He wouldn't budge but offered 600B when I started walking away. When I got home I compared the chargers & it was obvious that the one I bought had a photocopied sticker on it. It's obviously a low quality generic one, which runs very hot & the sleeving has started to come off so I don't expect it to last long.

sgu_banner.gif

A notebook I bought in the States for "22,000 baht" was 54,000 at Tukom.... I don't buy much there.

Some things are some aren't. How does a Samsung Galaxy S2 for B17,100 compare? The Intel i7-2600k at around B9,800 is less expensive than the UK.

Selling s2 in Australia for 550 dollars new,about 16,000 baht or so.

• 10 years later...

The thread is a bit old, bit nothing has changed. Pricing in Tukcom is still insane and expensive. 

The battery on my Apple watch has degraded significantly and I'll get a new watch in 4 months. Thought of replacing the battery and Apple charges 2.6K THB. Went to TukCom hoping fake batteries would be cheaper since its just for a few months. LOL

The cheapest I could find was 3K! How crazy are these guys.