IGNORED

VISA SOLUTIONS ?

KevyChase

Hey guys my current visa is about to expire and I don't plan to go back :)

Since I don't have a wife here, don't own a business and I'm 23 years old so clearly not retired yet what are my options ?

Dont have a business and 23 years old and dont want to go back.. Must be rich ? Lucky Guy... Have a look around in the visa section in this forum, you may find what you are looking for...

If not married, retired, or business:

1> Multi-entry Tourist Visa. 3 entries. Not offered at every consulate. Will last you 9 months total. Need to do 2 border runs+3 extensions. I believe the countries around Thailand only offer a double entry lasting 6 months. Renewable many times.

2> Non-Immigrant Education Visa. Need to register at a school. Will last 15 months total and don't have to do border runs but still need to do extensions (1900B) Renewable up to 3 times

3> Non-Immigrant Visa. Work Permit. Get a job. Renewable indefinitely as long as you have a job.

4> Don't get a visa at all and pay the penalty when you leave the kingdom. 500B/day to a max 18,000B ($600CAD). Not recommended,

As suggested, search the visa forum for more details.

Hope this helps.

Edited by mal129

Sex is like air, it's not important unless you aren't getting any

Should I go to Laos to get a Multi-entry Tourist Visa ? And also, how many Multi-entry Tourist Visa can I get before they say It's too much ? Thanks.

Should I go to Laos to get a Multi-entry Tourist Visa ? And also, how many Multi-entry Tourist Visa can I get before they say It's too much ? Thanks.

In your case, you are not entitled to get multi-entry tourist visa from any Thai Embassy in the Asia. But the best you can get is double entries tourist visa . The current and latest situation is that normally you can get about 2-3 times for double entries from Thai Embassy in Laos and then if you apply for it from another Thai Embassy, say in Cambodia, you should be able to get another one but may not be granted after getting it twice. As I understand, some farangs can still get treble Tourist Visas from UK.

As you are so young, if you really want to stay for at least one year, the ED visa should be more advisable because you can really learn Thai and you don't need to attend the Immigration Office for 4 times' extensions and Cambodia Visa Run twice if you need to stay up to one year with double entries tourist visa.

Tourist Visa is a good way...

- get a double entries

- after 60 days go to the immigration, pay 1900b to get 30 days

- after this (90 days), use a company for a visa run, you pay about 1900 (+ thai tourist visa when it's not free)

- after 60 days go to the immigration, pay 1900b to get 30 days

- after this (90 days), you go out wherever you want to ask a new double entries visa