Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

England 1 Spain 0

Tao 66

Yes only a friendly but a wonderful victory none the less against the World and European Champions. Spain dominated as expected but England's never say die dogged defending and superb goal from a set piece won us the game. Football unites a nation, and boy did we need that result at a time when things are falling down around our ears with the recession and everything else.

At rememberence weekend our boys played with pride and passion and it was a pleasure to see. There was a fitting tribute to our fallen before the game and FIFA allowed the poppy to be displayed on the armband.

I felt proud to be English last night.

Well done lads

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

I agree Frugal Charles, it was a very fitting tribute to our forgotten heroes and the one minute silence was very well observed. It was just a shame that FIFA were such idiots to the wearing of a poppy prior to the match. I believe it took Prince William intervention for the poppy on the armband to be allowed IMHO.

Not forgetting the Rugby league boys who played their part too absolutely hammered New Zealand to win a place in the four nations final.

Well done for the Poppy stuff and all that. And yes we should remember what so few did for so many God Bless.

But I Hate Football always have would sooner watch my Poo going down the Bog would find that more interesting .

Well done for the Poppy stuff and all that. And yes we should remember what so few did for so many God Bless.

But I Hate Football always have would sooner watch my Poo going down the Bog would find that more interesting .

LOL yes the P**cks in this country who get monstrous wages to act like tw*ts on a football field get little respect from me. However last night they acted like professionals for a change and for that I thank them. .

I think, being a long suffering Yeovil Town fan, i will do a spot of poo watching myself....

"a wonderful victory". Did you watch the game? Spain were piss poor but still should've won. Now that you've scraped a "wonderful victory" against the world champs, i suppose you're world beaters once again. (1966) Why didn't your English manager give some of your younger players a run out instead of playing the likes of Lampard and others who will not see the the next world cup finals.

Fair play to Cameron and "oor wullie" for getting the poppies on their arm bands. I noticed the Welsh rugby team had poppies on their shirts. Isn't Sepp Blatter a German? Just about says it all!

"a wonderful victory". Did you watch the game? Spain were piss poor but still should've won. Now that you've scraped a "wonderful victory" against the world champs, i suppose you're world beaters once again. (1966) Why didn't your English manager give some of your younger players a run out instead of playing the likes of Lampard and others who will not see the the next world cup finals.

Fair play to Cameron and "oor wullie" for getting the poppies on their arm bands. I noticed the Welsh rugby team had poppies on their shirts. Isn't Sepp Blatter a German? Just about says it all!

He's Swiss but still a ballbag right enough.

As for this "wonderful victory" ten men behind the ball anti football pish that was lol

It was a nice result especially given the significance of the date.

I'm an England fan and whilst I agree that it was a good morale booster for the team, we are far from being a team that can compete with Spain on the big stage. The backs to the wall defending strategy worked because Spain were poor and we were able to make six substitutions and bring on fresh legs. During the tournament with only three substitutions, hotter weather and a better Spanish performance, we will find it difficult.

Edited by occasionalpunter

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

LOL...Come on then lets see Scotland beat Spain...I bet if you did you would be crowing from the roof tops too.

We are of course, unlikely to win next years European championships

But at least we will be there...

I love a good old dose of north of the border bitterness

We won the game by employing the correct tactics to defend deep and hit them on the break. Set pieces are a strength of the English game. the tactics worked and we beat the world champions.

So yes, last night, even if it was only a one-off, we are world beaters.

Feels good.....

I thought England defended well, but apart from that they were horrific, they struggled to string more than 3 passes together.

Dear oh dear we beat the best side in the world and no one is happy!

Who cares how we did it?

It's a no win situation.Had we got the expected thumping,they...ie,the press,the jocks and taffs etc,

would have been queueing up to beat us with a big stick but even when we won we cop it anyway.

All of a sudden Spain are really poor....nothing to do with England getting at them and working their

bollocks off.They didn't like it up 'em,to paraphrase Clive Tyldesley/Corporal Jones,and it was a somewhat

rare treat to see,from a team that is often accused of a lack of spirit/fight/passion.

As a Spurs man it was nice to see Scott Parker get the man of the match award.....an excellent signing for us

and already something of a cult figure at White Hart Lane...but Lescott could just as easily have taken the accolade.

Anyway,I had some great beer during and after and then saw Motorhead....so a pretty good day all round.

Just a little pissed off that my avatar (of me with 'Fast' Eddie Clarke,ex Motorhead,has disappeared) !!!

It's a no win situation.Had we got the expected thumping,they...ie,the press,the jocks and taffs etc,

would have been queueing up to beat us with a big stick but even when we won we cop it anyway.

All of a sudden Spain are really poor....nothing to do with England getting at them and working their

bollocks off.They didn't like it up 'em,to paraphrase Clive Tyldesley/Corporal Jones,and it was a somewhat

rare treat to see,from a team that is often accused of a lack of spirit/fight/passion.

As a Spurs man it was nice to see Scott Parker get the man of the match award.....an excellent signing for us

and already something of a cult figure at White Hart Lane...but Lescott could just as easily have taken the accolade.

Anyway,I had some great beer during and after and then saw Motorhead....so a pretty good day all round.

Just a little pissed off that my avatar (of me with 'Fast' Eddie Clarke,ex Motorhead,has disappeared) !!!

What happened to Phil "Filthy animal" Taylor? is he still the drummer? He was a pretty amazing guy.

Spain could not score against us and we defended superbly. Spain were not poor, just Fabregas finishing! Everyone played their part. Scott Parker was outstanding.

Wales look like they are improving rapidly, Norway are not the worst team in Europe by any means. I doubt if we will get much criticism from that side of the border, they are on a roll at the moment.

Sir Alex Ferguson apparently called Capello with some advice....whatever he said worked!

I expect all of Scotland will be claiming that is why we won now!

Was impressed with Parker, he should be the first on the team for next summer.. As for the poppies, They should be worn at the matches to remember their war dead, Thousands Irish had fallen too in the first and second World War helping the Allies.. We also Have four clovers on St Patrick Day and never had any objections from the UK and the rest of the world and Poppy should be the same..

What happened to Phil "Filthy animal" Taylor? is he still the drummer? He was a pretty amazing guy.

Spain could not score against us and we defended superbly. Spain were not poor, just Fabregas finishing! Everyone played their part. Scott Parker was outstanding.

Wales look like they are improving rapidly, Norway are not the worst team in Europe by any means. I doubt if we will get much criticism from that side of the border, they are on a roll at the moment.

Sir Alex Ferguson apparently called Capello with some advice....whatever he said worked!

I expect all of Scotland will be claiming that is why we won now!

Phil finally left the band in 1992.I think he now lives in LA and plays occasionally with various groups.

His replacement and still current drummer,is Swedish powerhouse Mikkey Dee.Guitarist Phil Campbell joined in 1984,

so the present line up have been together way longer than the one most people still think of.....which is kind of annoying for them !

I think this board could do with a dedicated music thread.....easily a big enough subject.

I watched it in the Drunken Duck on LK Metro (only farang in there) & when England scored one of the girls said 'If England win you ring the bell. OK?'; I replied 'Sure.Jing jing'. After the game one of 'girls' (37+) sidled up to me & wouldn't budge from 1000B ST; another Englishmen defended well against 2 attacks that night. :Finger5:

sgu_banner.gif

Bring on the Swedes! We haven't beaten them since 1968, so tonight could be a first!

Now I know it's Sweden and they have that goat from celtc at the back, but why couldn't England have been so attack minded against Spain?

It's very hard to play against Spain who are technically better. In such games you have to defend well and try to score from breaks or set pieces, which is what happened. last night we were the better side by a country mile, but there was still a little fear factor there because of their history against us. We didn't take the hatful of chances, but 1-0 is still a win, and the first one against them for 43 years!

Very impressed with younng players, Rodwell and Phil Jones. But they have been playing too many different players latetly.. Capello dont have a a perfect eleven yet. Need a few friendles to find them. Rooney appeal will be heard on dec 9th.

Edited by jocky king