Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Loy Krathong 2011

Sa-teef

I was out on Beach Road this afternoon......

DSC07682loy.jpg

to check out the Thai families making and selling krathong on this special day in Thailand.

DSC07638loyy.jpg

Pretty busy out there with vendors of all sorts.

DSC07676loy.jpg

DSC07699loy.jpg

DSC07695loy.jpg

DSC07578loy.jpg

DSC07583loy.jpg

DSC07703loy.jpg

DSC07705loy.jpg

DSC07707loy.jpg

They use lots of synthetics now, but the right ones to buy are the krathong that start with radial cuts on a banana plant:

DSC07715loy.jpg

DSC07718loy.jpg

Of course the guys and bar girls were getting up to the usual just across the street.

DSC07573loy.jpg

DSC07737loy.jpg

DSC07729loy.jpg

DSC07726loy.jpg

And since this is Pattaya it only seems appropriate that the first "ladies" I saw in their finery for the evening were chicks with dicks. :rolleyes:

DSC07768loy.jpg

Lots more later after I catch some food & a shower and head to Walking Street to see all the lovely ladies in their traditional dresses.

DSC07701loy.jpg

~Steve

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

Thanks Sa-teef,

Some really wonderful pictures. I can't wait to see the pictures after you grab a bite to eat.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Have a great day.

Buzzy

Good pictures....I really like Loy Krathong in Thailand.

Last time I was in Pattaya I found the festival one of the bestI had found. I met a girl a few days before and she made me a Krathong which must have taken her a few hours work. I didn’t realise the significance and nearly didn’t go to her bar on that night. I would have felt like shit afterwards but luckily I dropped in and she presented me with the Krathong and we went down the beach to launch them. It was an incredible sight to see the whole beach alight with Krathongs, fireworks and the floating lanterns. I just wish I had my DSL camera with me to capture the moment.

Loy means to Float, ,,Krathong is a small raft made of banana leaf, holding a candle and other assorted items

Floating of the Krathong is symbolic of letting go of one's anger, stress, bad luck and starting life anew.

Edited by andyaus

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Made it back to Beach Road and Walking Street to see the festivities tonight.

Way too much walking for me today! Gonna relax and sort through the rest of the pics tomorrow.

But a few for ya from this evening:

DSC08132yyy.jpg

DSC07817yyy.jpg

DSC07842yyy.jpg

DSC07844yyy.jpg

DSC07800yyy.jpg

DSC07810yyy.jpg

For some of the bars it was business as usual............

DSC07789yyy.jpg

DSC08172yyy.jpg

But others got into the spirit ...........

DSC08107yyy.jpg

DSC07917yyy.jpg

DSC07922yyy.jpg

DSC07865yyy.jpg

DSC08036yyy.jpg

DSC08076yyy.jpg

DSC08205yyy.jpg

DSC08183yyy.jpg

DSC08460yyy.jpg

DSC08398yyy.jpg

DSC08285yyy.jpg

I'll get them sorted tomorrow and posted soon.

Including the fireworks:

DSC08558yyy.jpg

~Steve

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

some good shots..takes me back

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Great pics. Love to see more!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Sa-teef thanks for the excellent contribution in your photos......I really wish I can be there next year at this time...Id love to see it live....

Jan 2011, I was fresh meat for the grinder...no longer the fresh meat....but I love the grinder

"Anyway, up to me, yes?" - Photog88 - Nov 2010

"If Im going to Disneyland ......................... I want to go on all the rides" - The_Gun Nov 2011

"Up to you.....your money" Thai gogo girl whispering in my ear encouraging me to choose her over her "sister"...... October 2011

Ash

Sa-teef thanks for the excellent contribution in your photos......I really wish I can be there next year at this time...Id love to see it live....

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

It's a good time to be in Thailand!!

Every Thai lady is beautiful on Loy Krathong. :)

A few more from 24 hours ago on Walking Street.

I took a lot of pics so the rest will have to wait until another day.

DSC08156lk3.jpg

DSC07854lk3.jpg

DSC07872lk3.jpg

DSC07878lk3.jpg

DSC07882lk3.jpg

DSC07884lk3.jpg

DSC07887lk3.jpg

DSC07891lk3.jpg

DSC07932lk3.jpg

DSC07938lk3.jpg

DSC07951lk3.jpg

DSC07957lk3.jpg

DSC07966lk3.jpg

DSC07974lk3.jpg

DSC07977lk3.jpg

DSC07985lk3.jpg

DSC08013lk3.jpg

DSC08016lk3.jpg

DSC08033lk3.jpg

DSC08042lk3.jpg

DSC08045lk3.jpg

DSC07896lk3.jpg

DSC08050lk3.jpg

I'll get the rest done soon.

DSC08057lk3.jpg

~Steve

Edited by Sa-teef

Great shots. Thanks.

Hey, what about Soi 6? Did they dress up there too?

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did.

So throw off the bowline, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. – Mark Twain

Excellent work there...Makes me really regret missing it this year. :Bravo1::001_Thank_You5:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

very nice shots Steve thanks a lot to post them.

looking forward to see more.

Some from both the day and night of Loy Krathong.

First out on Beach Road during the afternoon:

DSC07556lk4.jpg

DSC07530lk4.jpg

DSC07532lk4.jpg

DSC07537lk4.jpg

DSC07538lk4.jpg

DSC07543lk4.jpg

DSC07597lk4.jpg

DSC07559lk4.jpg

DSC07589lk4.jpg

DSC07633lk4.jpg

DSC07620lk4.jpg

DSC07622lk4.jpg

DSC07606lk4.jpg

DSC07612lk4.jpg

And Walking Street after dark:

DSC08063lk4.jpg

DSC08066lk4.jpg

DSC08072lk4.jpg

DSC08095lk4.jpg

DSC08101lk4.jpg

DSC08108lk4.jpg

DSC08119lk4.jpg

DSC08084lk4.jpg

DSC08176lk4.jpg

DSC08127lk4.jpg

DSC08135lk4.jpg

And if anyone cares, all taken with my Sony A100 DSLR and my re-branded Konica/Minolta f1.4 50mm prime without a flash .

DSC08179lk4.jpg

DSC08088lk4.jpg

DSC08104lk4.jpg

I'll get my "down on the beach after dark" shots ready and then it will be soup.

~Steve

The last of the pictures from Loy Krathong 2011 down on the beach and the fireworks over Naklua.

Five posts over the course of five days with 120 pictures of arguably one of the biggest annual events in Thailand and............147 views. :wacko:

You guys really aren't here for the scenery, are you? :rolleyes:

DSC08206zmm.jpg

DSC08185zmm.jpg

DSC08229zmm.jpg

DSC08233zmm.jpg

DSC08231zmm.jpg

DSC08283zmm.jpg

DSC08318zmm.jpg

DSC08326zmm.jpg

DSC08340zmm.jpg

DSC08366zmm.jpg

DSC08383zmm.jpg

DSC08418zmm.jpg

DSC08422zmm.jpg

DSC08429zmm.jpg

DSC08443zmm.jpg

DSC08489zmm.jpg

DSC08494zmm.jpg

DSC08523zmm.jpg

DSC08512zmm.jpg

DSC08519zmm.jpg

DSC08531zmm.jpg

DSC08545zmm.jpg

DSC08563zmm.jpg

DSC08498zmm.jpg

~Steve

Thanks for the fantastic photo's. I really enjoyed them.

More of your wonderful camera work Sa-teef, bloody well done. I'm really impressed with the way your cam's coped with the night shots too. Thanks for the effort mate.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Great Photos...I am sorry I missed it this year

Voltaire