Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

religious beliefs

monkey01

I often wonder if the people who visit pattaya are more or less religious than back in there home countries if you are religious does visiting pattaya cause you any problems

Edited by monkey01

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

As a jedi, i realy don;t give a monkey's arse :SoWhat1: :SoWhat1: :SoWhat1:

I went to a Patts temple with my TGF once, got scratched by an angry cat. Also got a cotton wrist band but I swear to God I'm an athiest!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Yeah i am as when in Pats and doing a bit of BB I AM PRAYING all the time i aint gona catch something 555

Pastafarian through and through. Morality's got nothing to do with religion anyway.

Pastafarian through and through. Morality's got nothing to do with religion anyway.

All religions have a imposed sense of morality but I do believe that atheists also have a sense or morality

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

Not this one again. BTW your poll is missing about 200 options. :P

Theism is the subscription to a religion, so I understand an atheist to be a person who does not subscribe to any major, or small tribal, religion. They are simply without religion, not against it & simply have no need for it.

A deist is someone who believes in 'god' with a small 'g' or an unspecified creator of the universe.

I would have to, as a scientist & right or critical thinking person, describe myself as an agnostic or one who needs proof before belief; with a belief that a capital 'g' God, in the Judeo- Christian- Muslim faith, or other, sense has a negligible or vanishingly small probability of existence.

The words of Mr Richard Dawkins always haunt me - 'The non-thinking process called faith'.

EDIT: Could you add an option to poll for 'I am God'? :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Not this one again. BTW your poll is missing about 200 options. :P

I have to agree with you though Richard Dawkins would say agnostics are the worst fence sitters 'There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?'

Personally I'd tick the antitheist box as my argument is that so far the weight of evidence suggests there is no deity/designer/overlord.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I have to agree with you though Richard Dawkins would say agnostics are the worst fence sitters 'There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?'

Personally I'd tick the antitheist box as my argument is that so far the weight of evidence suggests there is no deity/designer/overlord.

AFAIK Dawkins respects, grudgingly, the fundamentalists but abhors the 'fence sitting' moderates / liberals like our dear A of C. The point about fairies refers to the question why we need a special word for not believing in religion. We don't need a special word for not believing in ghosts, unicorns, edge or t' liddle leprechauns; why do we need one for not believing in a widely held belief in a theism?

I don't believe in bank robbers either. :Whistle:

sgu_banner.gif

El cata An atheist according to the oxford dictionary is someone who has a disbelief in the existence of god or gods

but you are right I probably should have put deist as a separate option

An atheist has no belief in god or gods. That doesn't equate to believing that god or gods don't exist - as theists often try to suggest. There are 'strong' atheists who would go as far as saying the latter is the case, but the majority of atheists (including Dawkins) make no claims one way or the other. Not to be confused with agnostics, who would say they have no knowledge of god or gods. A different stance entirely.

So atheists have no belief in god(s), agnostics suggest they have, or can have no knowledge of god or gods (therefore do not necessarily believe in a supernatural, as per your poll). Theists believe in a personal god or gods. Then you've got pantheism, and deism.

Don't need hundreds of poll options, those five are the principal ones :).

All religions have a imposed sense of morality but I do believe that atheists also have a sense or morality

Atheists may or may not have a strong sense of morality. Just as they may or may not be axe murderers, or 'saints' (not in the religious sense). The only sense atheism has is in relation to their lack of belief in deities. When I suggest morality has nothing to do with religion, it is because my understanding is that morality has evolved, and is not imposed from 'beyond' by fictitious deities.

all philosophers here lol

But where are the religious people, no monger is religious or are they just ashamed or scared god will read their posts and punishes them ??

Come one blievers we all know you are the nastiest here and if there is a god he certainly knows and from what i have read in his holy books he himself is the champion of all the sick minded people lol.

Btw your poll sucks, being agnostic doesnt mean that you believe in anything. Agnostic just means he who doesnt know shit ( i consider me one, but in your poll i chose atheist instead )

I've been involved with agnostic vs athiest topics on sceptical forums that descended into 1000s of posts of messy goo. That's why I always state my definitions before boxing myself into a corner with a word. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

I started a similar thread a while ago.

http://www.pattaya-a...__fromsearch__1

Seems most of us started out as Christians and then ended up atheist.mongers

Cheers

I am an atheist and proud but also very respectful to those who believe as long as they don't try and change my beliefs. I have often taken a Thai girl to a temple and i have sat in a bar opposite having a beer while she does what she needs to.