IGNORED

Searching for reliable luxury airport transfer

ChristianUA

I was using 'Image Limousine' for many years... but since it was a reliable business now it looks like driven from a beer-bar:

This time I had the 'pleasure' that out of 4 transports they forgot 2, so 50%. First they forgot to pick up my father at the airport, 2nd they forgot to pick up my friend to bring him to the airport - even both transports have been confirmed by the business owner (Rob) by Email.

The 2nd was even worse: the pick-up was arranged for 19:45. When until 20:05 nobody arrived I called Rob who informed me that the new driver by accident waited in front of the gate. Since after 3 minutes still nobody arrived I called again and was told that the driver is at a wrong location, will arrive at my house within 15 minutes. When 20:25 still nobody arrived and time was getting short I was trying to call Rob, to ask where the driver is. But now Rob didn't pick up the phone anymore. I tried to call 10 times... no answer, no call back...

Finally 20:35 I decided to bring my friend to a metered taxi so he'll arrive at the airport nearly 1 hour later than planned - but still in time to catch his flight (I hope).

20:50 I was back at my house... still nobody of Image Limousine, no call from the business owner...

So, now I'm looking for another transportation company which can provide:

- newer cars (max. 2 years old, good condition)

- Toyota Camry, Honda Accord or similar

- good and fast drivers

- Credit Card payment

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to PA.

The ride from BKK Suk. Airport is only going to cost you 1,200-1,500baht for a ride in Camry, Accord, etc. Paying with a credit card may be a bit difficult. If you won't have baht upon arrival and would need to change money in Pattaya, the driver will wait for you to exchange your currency in order for them to be paid.

From reading these pages you'll hear good things about a Thai man named Mr.Dream who does runs to and fro the airport and will also provide transport around the greater Pattaya city and surrounds. He has a late model van, so if you're bringing golf clubs this vehicle would be best. He also has a few other cars in his corral. Here's his webpage:

http://www.mrdreamtransport.page.tl/

I also have a Thai mate (Nu - mentioned in previous Trip Reports) over there and he charges the same as Mr.Dream - he's got a late model Camry. He used to be a motorbike taxi driver, so he know's Pattaya like the back of his hand.

If you read through some of the PA forum threads you'll read other BM's (board members) comments on good drivers/services they have used in the past.

If you're really game and you want a little hanky-panky along the way how about considering this option of travel... oh by the way THEY TAKE CREDIT CARDS...

http://devilsdenpattaya.com/bus.php

Good luck!

Cheers...

Looks like Devils Den has a new service, "with company of two." Kind of expensive, though. Some high rollers will probably love it. Check their website.