IGNORED

web gone all funny

TOMSA

hi please help

i have changed something on my pc windows 7 and now the web pages don`t open properly .

how to i change back to normal viewing

cheers

alan from wales

Click on system restore and set your computer to a time before you had any problems.This will fix your problem.

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have tried this not working ,how do i few this site on a pc

at the moment the page is all messed up ?

thanks very much

alan from wales

Have you tried to reboot?

Edited by Kandinski

yes tried that acually i have formated the pc may my setting are for iphone viewing ?

alan from wales

I'm sure I could fix your problem if I was there but I am not so I can't help you.Sorry mate.

Edited by 2dogs

hi i have tried this not working ,how do i few this site on a pc

at the moment the page is all messed up ?

There are plenty of people on here who might be able to help you. Trust me, however, they need a lot more to go upon than "the page is all messed up". Running down technical problems is detective work - you need as many clues as possible. If you describe exactly what you did in great detail, and exactly what your current problems are (preferably with screen shots) then, just maybe, someone will be able to help you. However, I suggest that you don't do it in Barstool Banter - it is way off topic. How about in the Computers & Software forum?

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

A few times over the last few days the forum has appeared 'messed up' in the sense that it loses it's formatting. Everything appears after each other in a single column. This was only temporary though.

sgu_banner.gif

Can you post a screenshot of what is occurring??

Can you remember what you changed and or what you were trying to do?

Was it a change to the "monitor" settings or a change within a browser??

For example within the FireFox browser you can zoom in or out by using the Ctrl + or Ctrl - keys. This persists until you reset it by Ctrl 0.

That is just "one example" of thousands, unless you can provide some meaningful information it will be very difficult to advise.

Edited by Newguy1967

To take a screenshot you would normally use the "Ctrl + Prt Scr" together to capture your screen you then need to "paste" that image into a Word Doc or into an image program like Paint and then save it somewhere you can find it. In the forum you will see the More Reply Options button which then allows you to attach your image.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Newguy1967

hi i have installd fire fox and google chrome still the same maybe i should delete my account and start again ?

the PA home page is fine its just when i sign in it goes all funny

alan from wales

I regularly get this, which is mildly annoying but can be fixed by refreshing the page. Using Firefox 8.

Messed up 1.jpg

Messed up 2.jpg

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

html parsing error.doc hope this makes it a bit clearer with the problem i`m having

Interesting. Does it really give the exact same error message (i.e HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed) with Chrome and Firefox? This board is built using the IP.Board software - and that uses some fairly sophisticated features of HTML - and this error means that the HTML processing has gone horribly wrong. There are reports of your problem by people using IE 8, and that is easy to fix by using a browser that actually works. If you are getting a similar error with Chrome or Firefox then please post the exact error message (together with the versions numbers of the browsers you are using). My guess is that you are trying to use an old browser version, or possibly an out of date plugin. A workaround might be to use Safari for Windows (http://www.apple.com/safari/download/) - that tends to be the most standards compliant of all browsers. Whatever you are using, though, make sure you have the latest version. Because IP.Board does some sophisticated stuff it might well go horribly wrong with elderly browsers.

Trip Reports:

Mark Twain

Actually its a Java script error. He's a similar type of issue with every browser as well. My bet is Java is not current in particular since he reloaded his machine.

Go to http://www.java.com and download and install the software. It will walk your right through it. You will need to close your browser(s) to complete the installation then come in and load the page.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

just downloaded java and the page still the same !! thanks for your help

Edited by TOMSA

alan from wales

I regularly get this, which is mildly annoying but can be fixed by refreshing the page. Using Firefox 8.

Messed up 1.jpg

Messed up 2.jpg

thats what i`m getting in your second pic tried the refresh but no joy

thanks for your help

Edited by TOMSA

alan from wales

The screen shots look as though you are using a mobile theme - which will look odd on a Desktop computer. Maybe the JavaScript that detects your browser has gone wrong. You can switch between themes manually - click on the "Change Theme" link at the bottom left of the page. Try everything there, but you probably want IP.Board.

Trip Reports:

Mark Twain

Thanks for posting back and the key element is the KB927917 which when googled generates a "lot of hits". To me it looks like a "object orientated programming issue" which could be resolved with a different browser or the latest Java updates. If you have tried several browsers and are getting the same issue (which would be confusing honestly) then it is Java based!

Possible solution:

Workaround three!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927917

My concern with this workaround is you lose "dynamic" change/flow.

Personally I would:

- do the Java update (you want the JRE),

- install the latest DirectX http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35,

- install the latest Video Drivers for your PC,

- DL and install CCleaner and then run the registry scanner, http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

- Try a different browser.

Post back if the problem still persists.

Edited by Newguy1967

The screen shots look as though you are using a mobile theme - which will look odd on a Desktop computer. Maybe the JavaScript that detects your browser has gone wrong. You can switch between themes manually - click on the "Change Theme" link at the bottom left of the page. Try everything there, but you probably want IP.Board.

tried to change theme but it wont let me open it up ?

alan from wales