IGNORED

Sunshine Hotel and Residences

Somchai Shagnasty

After my recent two week stay at SH&R, I was surprised to find that I was asked by reception to pay for a second joiner one night.I have taken two ladies back to my room before with no request by reception for a second joiner fee.(in fact these two before in June). They were adamant that this was the hotel procedure for such a situation.

On this occassion one lady said she would wait for my short time with the other lady to finish. I had intended LT with one and ST with the other (the one I eventually took to the room - which booked as a double).

My usual LT stood down and said she would go internet cafe until we finished and to text her.(She was not on the 'meter' unlike the short time lady.) Once finished I did contact her but she had gone esarn dancing.See you tomorrow.

A week later I did take both to my room but had to pay three hundred baht for the privilege. I handed over the cash - there was no receipt for this transaction.

My questions is has anyone else had this at this hotel and where do they make this policy transparent apart from springing it on you when you come into reception with your 'friends'?

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/sunshine_hotel_residences.html

You can log out anytime you like but you can never leave.

babydollsaddict.gif

I think that depends of the person you get in the reception at that time - usually the guy in the reception at night is very rude compared to the girls (my personal opinion anyway). One time I payed the fee the other they only asked for their IDs.

The same behaviour happens about requestion the TG ID. Sometimes they insist in asking their IDs and others its me that mention the need of giving the ID to the recepcionist... :Think1:

Darkosirex, did you get a receipt for the money when you handed it over?

I have no problem with the girls handing over their I.D cards at reception. What I do dislike is handing over cash for a second joiner when this 'policy' is not made explicit. When I did hand over the cash the 'rude' guy could not be bothered to get out of the chair and tell me himself but lazily told the reception girl to enforce this 'policy'.

I never got an official receipt for this cash transaction and believe it may be a little night earner for some of the night staff in the reception for Sunshine Hotel and Residences.(i.e the rude guy.)

You can log out anytime you like but you can never leave.

babydollsaddict.gif

I stayed for my first trip last June during the World Cup and brought two gogo girls back, never asked to pay anything. Only time I had to pay was if I brought a lady to breakfast then it was 250 baht or something. I think it might have been this guy making a few quid for himself on the sly.

I've stayed at Sunshine numerous times. Next time this happens, politely ask for a receipt - and mention that you'll discuss with the day manager. Something tells me that they'll just wave you on. Nothing wrong with being a little ballsy, as long as you're polite about it.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and checked out for exactly this reason. I took a second girl and was happy to pay the second fee but insisted on a receipt. The guy totally refused to give me one, obviously the money was going in his pocket. Easy decision I moved hotels the next morning, I hadn't been happy with the reception before that, but that's another story.,

There are so many brilliant hotels in Patts that really go out of their way to please us............ why waste time with these wankers!

• 7 months later...