IGNORED

Low latency private ISP?

Menethil

I need to find a good private (adsl/cable/fiber) connection. I can pay up to 2000baht or so per month.

It needs to be a low lag connection, so I can play my online games (xbox360 and PC). It's very important that it works well, otherwise I get angry, bored and will go out spending thousands of baht when I should be saving cash. So a little extra for a premium connection is actually a saving for me.

What are the best options in Pattaya? Residents, please post your personal experiences.

Living the dream!

I don't know what you mean by a private ISP? Sophon Cable has a 2MB package for around that price I think where you aren't sharing the line with more then 5 people or something, so shouldn't be any lag. They also let you sign up without signing a one year contract like TOT, 3BB, etc.. require.

I have many problems with TOT in my house last month. Today TOT technicians some to check line and found some technial issue. It is not important at all. One of them can speak English well so,I have chat with him about internet, speed etc....He reccomended me CAT Telecom connection to Europe. Him said is best solution now in Pttya not many costumers in one line etc.... So definetely i will try CAT from Thipmoney cable TV.

I don't know what you mean by a private ISP?

I meant an ISP that I pay per month, not the 3g crap nor the wi-fi from hotels.

thanks for the advice so far.

Any opinions on True?

Living the dream!

I had true in my old house in Siam country club 10 mb/2 mb for 1499 thb month. My TOT now 4mb/512 kb for 700 thb incl.telephone line is more faster for using outside country than True before.

Edited by expatcz

With Thai ISPs all I can say is prepared to be angry and bored. You may get lucky but from my experience they are not consistent and are unreliable.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

need good connection with low ping

image.jpg

Lo "Chung" Ping

Might want to start off by buying him a beer..............

Sorry, Couldn't stop myself.

I need to find a good private (adsl/cable/fiber) connection. I can pay up to 2000baht or so per month.

It needs to be a low lag connection, so I can play my online games (xbox360 and PC). It's very important that it works well, otherwise I get angry, bored and will go out spending thousands of baht when I should be saving cash. So a little extra for a premium connection is actually a saving for me.

What are the best options in Pattaya? Residents, please post your personal experiences.

I use a CAT connection of ASHDSL or sometimes called GSHDSL which is 2mb/2mb and one of the few REAL international connections.

It costs approx 2,500 per month but less on a 12 month contract. maybe a new customer 2,200 bhats

the modem will cost approx 10.000 bhats and you will need to go to Wattana computers facing Foodland for one.

The reported big lines likes TOT 16mb will only be 16mb/0.5mb or 1mb if you are fortunate.

They report the maximum line WITHIN Thailand and NEVER the line OUT of Thailand unless you query them.

I have this connection more than 2 years and am extremely happy with it.

I've had no problem with 3BB, quick to turn out if you are having a problem, I pay B1500 for 12MB. Torrents and sites like fileserve/filesonic very fast for movie downloads, uploading is not so good only 1MB

• 2 weeks later...

Take a moment and consider the OP and general flow.........NO ISP Co. can offer impeccable and reliable delivery, that is no "packet loss", consistent sync, and persistent bandwidth.

Fundamentally how is the internet being delivered? All those "flooded pits" with any and all "micro" exposures creating micro circuits of disruption.

Unless you are on "satellite" (at least as slow as adsl1) any realistic perception of standardized and reliable delivery is fantasy (sadly).

The reality is be prepared for even worse service.....the worst floods in a generation are happening.

Edited by Newguy1967

Thanks to all repliers.

I will take all these into consideration. Once I'm settled, probably I'm going to try a service like Sophon (no yearly contract needed), and if I'm not happy then I'll change to true or 3bb.

My impressions will be posted here.

Living the dream!