IGNORED

yet another Thai mobile phone question

Luv2Phuket

As I am excitedly gathering stuff for my upcoming trip, I dug out my cheap Thai mobile phone that I bought 2 years ago (yes, the TGs will laugh at how crappy my phone is, but I only use it for 1 week!). I know that whatever credits I had left on it have expired long ago.

Am I better off buying more time on the card that is currently in the phone OR should I just buy a new card (and presumably, a new phone number) once I am in Pattaya?

I have NO attachment whatsoever to the number that is currently on the phone (I don't even know what it is!), but just want to do whatever is cheapest/easiest so that I will have some phone service while there.

As always, thanks in advance!

you have two options...

1. wait until you get to Thailand go into 7/11 buy new Sim card 50 baht

2. buy Sim card off eBay before you leave, that way you know you phone number before to go

and you can pass you number onto you friend and family,

you are look to pay around 200baht if you purchase off eBay.

Dayo...

You get get a SIM at the airport just after you exit customs. Just hand them the phone and they will activate and do any topups you want.

• 2 weeks later...

You get get a SIM at the airport just after you exit customs. Just hand them the phone and they will activate and do any topups you want.

answer i was looking for

thanks

"It take an idiot to do cool thing, that's why it's cool" -FLCL

Just walk into any 7-11 store and ask for a "true" sim card , and they ask you how much credit you would like , the cheapest is 90baht . you will be given a booklet with the sim card to activate your service, you will not need to record any personal details to activate the sim card. then you just recharge the phone and your set .