IGNORED

Canon FD to EOS Adapters

Spanky99

Anyone have experience with using a FD to EOS adapter. I bought one and waiting for it to ship in along with a cheap 135mm FD lens. The adapter I ordered supposedly does infinity focus and has the AP chip on it but without testing it I have no idea. I'm just curious if anyone has used an adapter and what their experience as has been. I plan on playing with the FD stuff on a second body I own and the ridiculously cheap priced of FD lenses makes it difficult to resist.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

I would say be careful, I did a fair amount of research on the net a while ago as my old man has a few classic fd lenses. General consensus seemed to be that the adapters can be dodgy, almost all don't go to infinity and some may have contact issues either with the rear element or mirror or both as far as I can remember.

Apparently Canon made a limited run of adapters that were predominantly for pro's at the time who had bought into fd lenses just before the eos changeover. They are rare as hens teeth but I have seen a few for sale on ebay provided with fd lenses.

Good luck and let us know how you go with it.

I'm all shook up, uh uh uh, uh uh uh, oh yeah...

Apparently Canon made a limited run of adapters that were predominantly for pro's at the time who had bought into fd lenses just before the eos changeover. They are rare as hens teeth but I have seen a few for sale on ebay provided with fd lenses.

I have seen those adapters on Ebay a couple times. The people selling them know what they have and price them accordingly.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

I have seen those adapters on Ebay a couple times. The people selling them know what they have and price them accordingly.

Your not wrong mate. The price we pay for chasing decent glass at a reasonable price. I've even resorted to hunting old eos digitals down trying to snag one on the cheap with a nice lens attached that slips through the net. Not lucky yet though... :D

I'm all shook up, uh uh uh, uh uh uh, oh yeah...

Your not wrong mate. The price we pay for chasing decent glass at a reasonable price. I've even resorted to hunting old eos digitals down trying to snag one on the cheap with a nice lens attached that slips through the net. Not lucky yet though... :D

I do it at work so at last I'm being paid when I am hunting glass.

If you find a 300mm 4/L in Mint for a few hundred dollars don't bid, just send me a quick PM. :P

Don't let me find out about it !!!! I'll bid you up !!! LOL

Won't fit your body! Used those things are going for $2000.

But I have your camera.......

You have ONE of my cameras.

The latest I found on ebay.